Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Just now, Shakez said:

Tbh, he's just RLC 2.0. Needs to massively improve on his work-rate (one the reasons he also wasn't a starter at Granada) if he wants to succeed here. 

Not so sure about that. I have seen him play for Granada and he did make some tackles. He is not a workhorse like Pedro,but saying that he has the work rate of RLC is a little but too much for me.

If we want a winger that defends well,we should a a fullback and play him there. If we want to have a good,fast and a good dribbler as a winger,we should seriously think about giving Boga or Musonda a fair chance. Boga can pass,he can dribble and he can score Hazerd type of goals. He is not perfect, but under Conte,he can improve. Moses and Willian were not able to get dribble past a 18 year old Bayern Munich player . Boga could dribble past any of Bayern Munichs players.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Supposedly starting tomorrow.  I thought this thread would be busier.

First real test!

Thread isn't busy because nobody actually believes he's starting tomorrow.

Conte will play a senior player out of position before ever giving Boga or whoever els a chance.

Shame Cahill did that stupid challenge which ended Bogas debut.

But at the very least if the board doesnt buy players, I hope Boga and Musonda get their chance. Bottom line if we mess up this season in terms of results, developing either of the two in quality player would give me same joy as winnig title realy. We havent developed a player since Terry and thats was ages ago. 

I was more impressed with Musonda during the pre season, but I hope this lad gets a good run this season. If he turns out well, we can avoid spending shitload of money for a similar player and can actually use some of our young players.