Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Who cares, we're going to sell him for 8 mil to the first club who bids for him while we'll continue with the likes of Oscar and Teixeira.

We won't even sell him for such a sum. We'll continue loaning him out, he'll never be able to settle in anywhere, he'll then go on to move to smaller clubs every year until he has no value and gets shipped off to Sheffield United or so.

• 1 month later...

With Montainer, Jeremie had earned his place, but since the arrival of the new trainer, his play time, has reduced a lot, almost to nothing, sadly.

BTW, his teammate Dembele continues impressing me. Saving the ass of Rennes, again. What a form to carry on a team with only 18 years!.

On 27/02/2016 at 11:59 PM, illmatic said:

BTW, his teammate Dembele continues impressing me. Saving the ass of Rennes, again. What a form to carry on a team with only 18 years!

Agreed. Already looks likely to have his pick of teams if and when he leaves Rennes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Its a fucking mystery how he isn't starting every game for them.

Because he is talented but not effective enough. He is no better a player today than he was three years ago and that's an issue. I'm a long standing defender of the academy and the work they do but if I had the opportunity I'd have questions for them about Jed's development. 

45 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

That run last night  :noexpression:

Yes, I thought it was a nice cameo from Jed last night. For the first time that I've seen (I haven't watched all of his games in France) I felt Jed's average level over his twenty-five minutes or so, was higher than Dembele's across the ninety. Dembele's uber quality still meant he delivered an outstanding goal and an outstanding assist but, in between, I felt he was quite poor. Many of the rising young star's contributions were spoiled by bad decisions or bad execution. Jed, on the other hand, produced a few trademark runs where he carried the ball from left to right across the defence looking to feed someone in with a little diagonal pass.

Our loanee also popped off some very simple but nice first time passes rather than look for a third or fourth touch in search of a dribbling opportunity that just isn't there. (As he is sometimes guilty of doing.) More of the same please Jed.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes, I thought it was a nice cameo from Jed last night. For the first time that I've seen (I haven't watched all of his games in France) I felt Jed's average level over his twenty-five minutes or so was higher than Dembele's across the ninety. Dembele's uber quality still meant he delivered an outstanding goal and an outstanding assist but, in between, I felt he was quite poor. Many of the rising young star's contributions were spoiled by bad decisions or bad execution. Jed, on the other hand, produced a few trademark runs where he carried the ball from left to right across the defence looking to feed someone in with a little diagonal ball.

Our loanee also popped off some very simple but nice first time passes rather than look for a third or fourth touch in search of a dribbling opportunity that just isn't there. (As he is sometimes guilty of doing.) More of the same please Jed.

Yes and the thing now is that both Chelsea and Boga could, let's say, take advantage of Marseille's current season. I say this because Marseille will probably end in no European competition and next season they will surely revamp the squad. Word in France after last night's game is that Marseille will do everything to take Boga on loan this summer and Boga himself said last night that he used to support Marseille since he was a little kid and no matter what happens Marseille will always be his club. If they can guarantee him a starting spot then it it would be better for all the parties if he can stay in France longer.

26 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Yes and the thing now is that both Chelsea and Boga could, let's say, take advantage of Marseille's current season. I say this because Marseille will probably end in no European competition and next season they will surely revamp the squad. Word in France after last night's game is that Marseille will do everything to take Boga on loan this summer and Boga himself said last night that he used to support Marseille since he was a little kid and no matter what happens Marseille will be his club. If they can guarantee him a starting spot that it would be better for all the parties if he can stay in France longer.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.

This does sound promising. Very promising even. On the other hand Rennes are currently in a Champions League spot and, if Dembele stays fit, might even hang on to it. If Dembele then leaves at the end of the season, as is possible, maybe more starting opportunities will open up for Jed where he is. Either way, I think you are right, France is the place for him next season.

Of course we then have to deal with the underlying problem inherent in these loans. If their loans fail then no progress is made but, if they succeed, which club, or even which country, do these kids identify with? Already, reading between the lines, Charly seems to be hinting that, given the chance, he'll prefer to stay in Spain and ditto Andreas in Germany. If Jed starts to shine in France* how will he feel? How does Thibaut? We might be able to exercise our contractual rights and bring these lads back to Cobham but where are their hearts? I know the club must be aware of this issue and must also be giving it plenty of thought.

*Granted French football does not currently have the same allure as Spanish or German.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...