Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

It's January, you cant fix all your problems in this window, it's more about getting some players in if your situation is bad (or if you have injuries and stuff).

We can get 15 goals a season from Torres. I'm saying we need more than that, but I'm not disagreeing with the fact that a different striker could be a viable option in January.

He's got a very very poor first touch, which is something that does not improve with age and experience.

So, I'd say Chelsea could sign him as a squad player, but he will (probably) never have enough quality to become a regular starter.

• 2 weeks later...
Chelsea set to rival Arsenal for Ba signature as additional fees push price up to £10.5m

Chelsea have joined the hunt for Demba Ba as it was revealed that the striker’s transfer fee could be pushed beyond the £10million-mark by extra payments.

Ba’s £7.5m release clause has been well documented with both Arsenal and Liverpool known to be monitoring the 27-year-old’s situation, but now the Sunday People are reporting that the Senegalese’s advisers will demand between £3m and £5m on top of that as part of any deal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254839/Demba-Ba-wanted-Chelsea.html#ixzz2GXL1Mvwu

What's with the chronic knee injury ? Can somebody inform me ?

Before he joined Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga he was playing in Belgium where he suffered a serious injury to his knee that kept him out for 8 months and the word is that the surgeon who operated him fucked something up in his knee and another bad knock could easily mean the end of his career at top level. When he joined West Ham in January 2011 he was in fact on his way to Stoke and everything had been agreed but he failed the medical there and a quick check at Wikipedia tells me he also failed a medical at VfB Stuttgart in the summer of 2009. West Ham were desperate to get him to save them from relegation and didn't care about the injuries and Newcastle did brilliant business with little risk when they got him for free after West Ham were relegated. The dodgy knee is the only reason he is available so cheap, although some credit should be given to his agent who successfully negotiated a relegation release clause in his contract at West Ham and now this relatively low buy out clause at Newcastle.

Demba Ba is available for us if we want him. Wenger already said that he likes Ba as a player but Arsenal will not make a move for him. So it is all in our hands. It all depends if the board want to make another £50m for a striker or spend cheap on other less high profiled players

For that price tag you can't exactly go that wrong... Definitely worth a buy and would provide some depth which would be useful.

Well you can go wrong if he gets a knock during his first game for us and cant play again. That would be unlucky though.

He's very nicely all-rounded. He can do everything you ask him as a striker - and his strong point is finishing. Exactly what we need.

I think I'll tear my hair out though if he does come in and just picks up where Sturridge left off - on the bench.

Well you can go wrong if he gets a knock during his first game for us and cant play again. That would be unlucky though.

Yeah but come on that could happen to anyone and it's hardly breaking the bank paying 7.5 mil. We need some sort of strengthening and tbh I cant think of anyone better for that sort of money.