Fernando Torres

I'm not so sure mate, (I think) Torres only has 8 goals this season in all competition, that includes the 1 he got in the Asia trophy. 3 EPL, 2 UCL, 2 FA Cup, 1 Asia Trophy.

Drogba: EPL 5, UCL 4, Asia Trophy 1.

Admittedly the assists stat I got was from AQA 63336, but all the rest of the stats they gave me check out so I assume it's correct.

Anyway, the sentiment is the same.

It's doesn't have everything, but Sky is decent for stats http://www.skysports...,,11668,00.html

Ooops, made a mistake. It's strange for me tho that official site of the premier league had statistics of all competitions :blink:

So now things are going well it was André this, André that. I think his agent's made some silly comments, it was andré who gave him those run of games in the beginning of the season and just as it looks like it was paying off the Spaniard gets himself sent off. Now if Drogba's stepping up in that time how's Torres' agent going to believe he's going to play his client? He gave him more chances as a striker than the agent's making out. Such comments should have a fine be brought onto the client by the club.

He gave him chances but when he did score while Drogba was in Africa, he compared him to Sheva and Kezman.

He gave him chances but when he did score while Drogba was in Africa, he compared him to Sheva and Kezman.

He did not say that. He only used that comparison to talk about the enormous pressure on a striker when he doesn't score and live up to expectations

Since Torres isn't taking my calls anymore I can only speculate what he's thinking by the words of his inept management and his recent performances - AVB didn't seem to believe in Torres and Torres knew that, RDM seems to be believe in him, Torres seems to believe that RDM believes in him, and Torres is getting his sh*t together on the pitch in overall play, assists, goals, etc. Whatever "IT" is it is working for him.

I really don't think that it was a simple case of AVB not believing in him. If you think about how much pressure Andre was under, especially after the turn of the year, and when it was obvious that the senior players did not approve of him, them possibly doing things to undermine him, etc etc, imo he just did not have time to personally man-manage Torres.

People easily forget that Andre showed complete faith in Torres at the start of the season. The first game of the season at Stoke - everyone thought Drogba would start. It would have been the easier option. But Andre made a clear statement that Torres was his man, that he would be the no.1 striker. And he played well in that game. Andre obviously did a lot of motivating before that game. I believe he started every single game until Swansea

Then the pressure began to mount on AVB and Torres really did not help himself either, with the sending off against Swansea and some truly pathetic displays.

RDM's job is simple. The majority of players are more relaxed now that Andre is gone and they are happy. He doesn't have to worry about them. He can focus on Torres.

It's easy to blame AVB for every single thing that was wrong, but he was inexperienced and the pressure got to him. He couldn't handle it all at once.

I'm sorry, but blaming AVB for Torres' form is utter ridiculous! Torres has had his chance and got much game time under Andre, more than he deserved if you asked me. And Andre backed him everytime a reporter asked about Torres always saying that he is a great team player and that there is more to his game than goals. When Drogba was at the ACON, he had more than a month were he was our main striker and started every single game at the expense of Lukaku who deserved to be given some sort of chance. But he wasted that opportunity with what was a few of his worst performances and misses ever. I realize it is easy to blame AVB but let's not kid ourselves lest we become as delusional as Liverpool fans blaming small details for the under-performance from our club and players.

I am happy that he is finding some sort of form because that will increase his value in the market when we should sell him in the summer. Torres has been given a lot of excuses at chelsea like lack of service and other chelsea players hating him but one thing he can never complain about is lack of chances, and for me, till now he is yet to prove that he deserved to be the main Chelsea striker.

I am not disputing AVB gave Torres chances. All I'm saying is since the departure of AVB Torres seems to be revived. And it's not just Torres.

I look back to when I was a brand new manager managing a group of 10. Some my age, some older. I tried to put my stamp on things, set the tone. Some things I did great and some things I went overboard. Somethings I did as a new manager I would never do now and looking back on I cringe. I think AVB would look back on his CFC experience and like a re-do on some things. Not to say that some players needed a swift kick in the a$$ then.

I think what RDM has done is use the 'hands around the shoulder' approach on Torres. All I think Torres needed was the manager to give him confidence, motivate and praise him for what he has done during a game. Don't think AVB did that or even communicate much with the players generally anyway.

I think what RDM has done is use the 'hands around the shoulder' approach on Torres. All I think Torres needed was the manager to give him confidence, motivate and praise him for what he has done during a game. Don't think AVB did that or even communicate much with the players generally anyway.

Totally agree with this. RDM says it every time "i try to talk to all my players, and give them confidence"

Which was thoroughly denied as a misquotation in a later press conference.

Torres also had a bust up with AVB for his interview in portuguese where he inclined to compare him to Sheva and Kezman (obviously it will be denied). Lets be honest......All of a sudden, Torres is performing, David Luiz is looking like a reincarnation of Carvalho, The entire team is doing well once AVB was let go.

AVB rubbed everyone the wrong way, right from his press conferences to his handling of his own players. He even tried to phase out Cech, along with Cole and Lampard. Not playing Kalou, Anelka and Alex because they refused to sign extension is just being stupid. You have to look at what you need in the present to win games. You cant just go with my way or high way theory specially at the big clubs where pressure to win is huge.

Benching Cole and Lampard at Napoli was like signing his own death warrant. The guy is a good tactician but his naivety was exposed as he tried to change too many things too soon.

Regarding Torres, one of the reasons why he is performing now is because the atmosphere in the team is much more relaxed and friendly with less pressure as opposed to the one which AVB created which looked like a dictator ruling the things in the dressing room.

I think it's because before the pressure was ALWAYS on JUST HIM, but since our recent disappointments and team failures, he's been overlooked and he doesn't feel to much pressure. And with our "stars" like Lampard and Cole playing terribly, he's found the chance to really prove a point.

well, torres actualy plays very good with fights, assists and all that team work, but the guy is striker and he should start scoring regulary...maybe it is true, that he needs backup playmaker, but he misses a lot of chances. last game against aston villa was good example of his another miss (well the keeper denied goal, but distance was soo small and torres should socre). and there is plenty of such misses. if he would score them, he would have at least 8 goals in pl only. i still trust in him, cant really imagine torres in form at chelsea, it would be a beast :) but there is always hope...el nino must score against benfica and then, he could be officialy back...