UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Im delighted with the draw. Benfica aren't a walk over but they aren't Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or even AC Milan. It is also brilliant that the second leg is at Stamford Bridge, I think we can be quietly confident of progressing, Im sure Benfica fans are probably happy that they got us instead of Real Madrid or Barcelona aswell.

In terms of the semi finals, we were always going to have to play a top quality side at some stage. The only slight disappointment is that the second leg will be away. That being said, after years of not reaching the semi final stage I will be delighted if we can make it there. Who knows, maybe AC Milan might get a result against Barcelona, yes that is fairly unlikely but you never know. And even if we do play Barcelona, wont it be great to see our lads play against, arguably, the greatest team in history, that's what the semi finals of a competition like this should be all about and, while Barcelona would certainly be the hefty favourites, I wouldn't count us completely out.

All in all, Im just glad that we were involved in the draw today, that we have these big games to look forward to because, as we have seen this season, it isn't a forgone conclusion that the top teams in England will reach this stage anymore so lets be a bit more optimistic.

lol..its pretty pathetic to think that way...we'll kill him and his team <_<

Well, it's great to be optimistic, but not too much. Now you tell me, does Chelsea have the team that can beat both Barcelona and RM? :)

You all are way too confident. Maybe you guys didn't pay attention to yesterday's game between City and Sporting. I suppose City is stronger than Chelsea, as Benfica is stronger than Sporting... Do your math.

And maybe check out our players, as Cardozo or Nico Gaitan are not the only good ones we have (indeed our most ex-players go out to bigger european clubs, money-wise). Also remember, we won 2 CL's and have participated in 7 european finals. History is on our side, and we'll have 65000 supporters in Lisbon claiming the win for our side.

You all are way too confident. Maybe you guys didn't pay attention to yesterday's game between City and Sporting. I suppose City is stronger than Chelsea, as Benfica is stronger than Sporting... Do your math.

And maybe check out our players, as Cardozo or Nico Gaitan are not the only good ones we have (indeed our most ex-players go out to bigger european clubs, money-wise). Also remember, we won 2 CL's and have participated in 7 european finals. History is on our side, and we'll have 65000 supporters in Lisbon claiming the win for our side.

Fair. However did you see the way we played v. Napoli? If we play with that same heart, dedication & passion, we will do to you at the Bridge what we did to the Italians! :cfc:

This logic makes no sense, how about this - Porto are a better side than Sporting, but City could beat Porto home and away, but not Sporting.

I've already said it's going to be a tough game, because i've seen Benfica play many times, but at the end of the day, we 'can' progress.

Yes i did see your game v Napoli, it was a good match, they also have a great team. Honestly, would be worse for us to play them, as we don't do very well with italian teams. But we do better against english teams, we played Liverpool and Man Utd very often in the latest years.

Sheva, of course there are no such rules in football. In fact, City were lucky against Porto, and Porto has a similar level as Benfica.

Overall will be a though battle for both sides, just hope there will be no referee tricks, like those that got you eliminated by Barcelona a few years ago.

Cheers!

Yes i did see your game v Napoli, it was a good match, they also have a great team. Honestly, would be worse for us to play them, as we don't do very well with italian teams. But we do better against english teams, we played Liverpool and Man Utd very often in the latest years.

Sheva, of course there are no such rules in football. In fact, City were lucky against Porto, and Porto has a similar level as Benfica.

Overall will be a though battle for both sides, just hope there will be no referee tricks, like those that got you eliminated by Barcelona a few years ago.

Cheers!

I think you misunderstand us to be honest. We are not saying that your side is an easy one. We all recognize the many good players you have. What we meant is... we're happy to avoid Barca, RM, Bayern & Milan! I'm sure you feel the same way.