UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Which one player in the world can contain Messi?

How I wish it would be 2009 again. The worst defender (Bosingwa) in the world keeping the best attacker in the world in his pocket and Drogba bullying the shit out of Barcelona's ball playing defenders.

I Wont, we don't want to win Champions League and we just spend 20 millions per year in players and you are so frustrated to win it (only in your dreams) that you spend like 100 millions on players and still play like sh1t.

You will learn good football 27 March.

Oh dear. It doesn't look like a repeat of our relationship with Napoli's fans is on the cards.

Didn't Benfica lose 4 in a row before scraping past Zenit? Benfica are a good team but they can be got at defensively and concede goals. We need to go for an away goal or 2 and go for the throat.

One huge disadvantage is this potential semi-final with Barcelona. We'll have to hope AC Milan can beat them, its much more difficult to be attacking at the Camp Nou without conceding a few in the process, and if we're more attacking at the Bridge they could grab an away goal or two and end the tie.

FINE. A RELATIVELY easy draw.

Its a CL game and Chelsea has to win, no matter the name of the opponent, WE ARE CHELSEA, and if Chelsea keeps playing the way they did against Napoles, the chances of winning CL are big, i believe.

I’ve just been searching through a Benfica forum, and their fans are extremely arrogant and seem somewhat delusional, don’t be fooled by this ‘don’t underestimate us’ attitude, as they are totally convinced they will progress.

Because they got past one English team, they think they can do it again at this level.

Imagine if this was the draw

Bayern- Ac Milan

Real Madrid-Barcelona

------------------------------

Chelsea-Benfica

Apoell - Marseille

Would have jizzed at the thought

How I wish it would be 2009 again. The worst defender (Bosingwa) in the world keeping the best attacker in the world in his pocket and Drogba bullying the shit out of Barcelona's ball playing defenders.

Oh I bet my house on Drogba being up for it after what happened in 09. Drogba when he wants to play he is unplayable as defenders keep bouncing off him. But those occasions come rare. And the game against Barcelona (if we meet them) will be one of those occasions. The whole of Chelsea FC will be up for it after 09. The Fans, Players, and the whole of England.

I’ve just been searching through a Benfica forum, and their fans are extremely arrogant and seem somewhat delusional, don’t be fooled by this ‘don’t underestimate us’ attitude, as they are totally convinced they will progress.

Thats the same with Man U and City fans as well when the draw was made'''oh Manchester final it is' and all that crap completly inoring the fact there are good teams out there and fixtures to get past!

If the team however feels the same..advantage us.Mean we've seen what happens to us when we go into a game as if its already won and cant see their case being any different..no doubt more the fans then the team but still...

I prefer fans being positive compared to some of the depressing fans we have on this forum.

Not sure which forum you've been cruising but I'm on a few of them and I don't agree with you at all. Let's try keeping this civil without throwing around those interpretations which others here will assume to be facts. Us Benfica fans are a confident bunch and we definitely are happy to avoid Madrid, Barca, and Bayern just like you guys are, and we normally match up well against English opponents, so its easy to see how we are happy with the draw. Chelsea this season are far from the powerhouse they were a few years ago so there is a belief that Chelsea can be had at this stage, are we wrong in any of this?

I wouldn't equate excitement and confidence to arrogance and delusion. Benfica are going to be really tough but I don't people in Portugal truly feel we are favorites and likely to pass, but the sentiment is truly that we have a lot better chance than most people are giving us credit for.

Lastly, I'm not much of a poster here but I read a lot and I was really happy with how classy the Napoli/Chelsea relationship became, let's not start off on the wrong foot here because as I said before Chelsea are really seen positively in Portugal and have a lot of portuguese fans because of all the portuguese links to Chelsea. This tie can be just as classy as the previous one so let's not let it go off the rails just yet.