test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMoSalah

Wishlist Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Started by OneMoSalah,

567 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

I understand this, but we are talking about 60-70 millions for a striker who basically scores tapins? Isn't that risky also? I remember a certain spaniard who was very fast before and had great movement and cost around 50 million...that was fun.

You need exceptional movement and tactical awareness to score as many tap in's as he does. 

The Skipper and DYC. like this

His pace makes the tap ins as it takes him away from the defender when the cross is made. also He can create chances himself with his pace and close control too. Aubameyang is one of the most deadly counter attacking strikers I have ever seen. He reminds me of a young, faster Anelka, tall enough to be a decent aerial thread but still nimble enough to dribble around defenders. His finishing is about as good as Costa's. The qeustion is if we want to take such a high risk on a 28 y.o. who relies heavily on his pace. I think this is hugely a matter of money. If we can get it down under 60m pounds I would be on board. if he is just as expensive as Morata, I would take the latter because of his age. On a sidenote he is an avid Nike ambassador, using every opportunity for a PR coup. So should fit in well with our new sponsor.

Difficult question which striker to go for. There is no clear target as all of them have some issues:

Lukaku - Not great against tight defenses, inadequate technique, price was £100m.

Belotti - Good characteristics but only one really strong season despite being 23, while also being almost as expensive as Lukaku. Fear of being a second Immobile.

PEA - Not very physical, relies much on pace while being 28. Expensive, would also take a huge salary.

Morata - Good fit in terms of the skills he would offer, but have not had a single season as the first choice striker despite being 24 already. Furthermore, really expensive. 

We can remove Lukaku as he is gone, but honestly I think he would be my fourth favorite out of the above options. The three remaining targets would all cost a similar amount, with Belotti most likely asking for the lowest wages. 
It's really difficult, PEA seems like the highest impact choice, but being 28 also means that if it takes a season for him to adapt and start scoring regularly, then he is already 29 and we are again in the middle of looking for a new striker (unless Abraham steps up). Belotti seems like the kind of striker that would work quite well in PL, and I problably want him the most of those above, even though it is really close. 

There are also outside options such as Keita Balde or Moussa Dembele, but those would be even more risky. 

yuvala likes this

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Really do not want this guy. :fist:

Who do you want ? I'd take him 

I'd offer 120 mill for kane

65m for a 28'year old when his pace has gone he will loose so much. Tottenham are clearly up for selling players.

54 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Chelsea close in on £65million Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang swoop as Antonio Conte prepares to offload Diego Costa

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-close-65million-pierre-emerick-10801255

:(

if only this bullshit with Costa was settled we wouldnt be desperate for a new striker

Beigl likes this

I can't quite understand the reasons behind not wanting to sign Aubameyang. There are too many question marks over Belotti (one season) and Morata (goal-scoring record, main striker) to justify paying by media accounts significantly more.

The arguments about him being 28 and reliant on his pace seem petty. Unless he got injured a lot, like Torres for example, he should keep that explosiveness for at least the next 2-3 seasons and even in his early thirties should still be quicker than the vast majority of defenders. His movement and technical ability should also count for something.

Right now, he is the best option out there by a mile. The most proven, least risky option. The only option that is an upgrade to Diego Costa.

We might not have a resale value on him but if we got 3 seasons out of him whilst he is still in or around his prime, he could be the goalscorer that helps us win the league or even the Champions League. Given some of the prices in this summer's market, £60-65m for a proven goalscorer and one of the best strikers in Europe the last couple of seasons seems pretty reasonable.

Also signing a top player isn't just a huge statement that we mean business going into the new season when the summer so far has been full of disappointment and confusion, but it's the sort of signing that proves to other players in the squad that we are buying top players to win trophies. Players such as Hazard and Courtois who might just need that extra little encouragement from the club that they can achieve everything they wish at our club.

The Skipper, Leif and DYC. like this

Chelsea are closing in on a £65m deal for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

I really would spend that money on Belotti instead, promise of having a young striker who is good. But if PEA can come for a much less cost then I would be comfortable. I am at loss this season as to how the club is dealing with transfers really. 

Somebody teach them business!!!! I know these days average players are selling for much higher but FFS that is where these business heads have to bring their prowess to the table.

I just hope they know what they are doing and that whatever the hell they do we win CL this season so that we can use that money to buy players for building a long term team.

If we had to invest into a young striker, I'd bet on Belotti.  The kid has it all. 

However, if the board don't want to pay the 89 million..then the next best option would be Aubameyang. 

Proven goal scorer, coming from a quality team, offers something different from Michy.

Adnane and RoyalBlues like this