Manchester City
25/1
Real Madrid
28/1
Bayern Munich
33/1

6 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Please God for once in this lifetime have Express spot on this one

I doubt it highly. You don't go from being heavily linked with Lukaku, Morata and Belotti to the erroneously linked Aubameyang... seems a stretch to me.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:39 PM, Jason said:

Unless we replace 3/4 of our squad with technical players, I really don't see how Aubameyang will do well here at all. Sure, he will bang in the goals but our squad is built to have a physical striker upfront like Drogba, Costa etc. This team needs someone who can occupy defenders, hold up the ball and bring others into play. Aubameyang won't thrive with this style of play and not with players who struggle to keep possession for half the time.

Well...we've done reasonably well with other types of forwards like Anelka, and to a lesser extent, Eto'o. Its just that none of them were consistent enough to thrive

The crazy thing is...Aubameyang and Lukaku are both completely different players, not to mention their respective ages.

It would be silly to think that he was actually a real plan B, in case the Lukaku transfer failed. We might have expressed interest, but I still think its just more smoke stirred by the media.

I still think Belotti and Morata are the more likely targets, even though Aubameyang would make a very exciting signing.

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The crazy thing is...Aubameyang and Lukaku are both completely different players, not to mention their respective ages.

It would be silly to think that he was actually a real plan B, in case the Lukaku transfer failed. We might have expressed interest, but I still think its just more smoke stirred by the media.

I still think Belotti and Morata are the more likely targets, even though Aubameyang would make a very exciting signing.

Good point. It doesn't make much sense for us to be after a striker who's basically the polar opposite of Lukaku or Diego Costa. Aubameyang would suit Liverpool or Arsenal like a glove which is why it made sense when Liverpool were linked with him.

We need (and Conte usually favors) strikers with a bit more power, tenacity and physicality. Auba doesn't fit the bill.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Good point. It doesn't make much sense for us to be after a striker who's basically the polar opposite of Lukaku or Diego Costa. Aubameyang would suit Liverpool or Arsenal like a glove which is why it made sense when Liverpool were linked with him.

We need (and Conte usually favors) strikers with a bit more power, tenacity and physicality. Auba doesn't fit the bill.

Or does it ... lets get a striker who is faster , better touch , technically more gifted better goal ratio mmm duh sign this mutherchuckerup i say ! Play off Batman

If Chelsea haven't executed in the transfer market by next week and Conte hasn't signed a new contract, a lot of fans will begin to wonder WTF is going on.

This window should definitively prove whether or not Emenalo and Granovskaia are any good at all and perhaps whether Chelsea are truly an ambitious club in European club football.

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

As per me I do agree that he doesnt fit the bill for the striker role however he can be a good fit in the Pedro/Willian role. Hazard- Striker ??? -Aubaeyang

39 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

he doesnt fit the bill for the striker role

Are you serious? Aubameyang has scored 120 goals in 189 apps playing  the striker role give this guy half a chance he will score a goal so what he doesn't bully cb's like costa or Drogba did but he does a job what strikers are paid to do that's score goals 

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Are you serious? Aubameyang has scored 120 goals in 189 apps playing  the striker role give this guy have a chance he will score a goal so what he doesn't bullying cb's like costa or Drogba did but he does a job what strikers are paid to do that's score goals 

I prefer morata personally mate just because he's younger. Sure this guy could work but I don't think there is a chance we are after him tbh shame 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Are you serious? Aubameyang has scored 120 goals in 189 apps playing  the striker role give this guy have a chance he will score a goal so what he doesn't bullying cb's like costa or Drogba did but he does a job what strikers are paid to do that's score goals 

For me he doesnt ... maybe I very much used to seeing a physical player take the striker role ... Yes he has scored buckets of goals but somehow I dont see him do the same in the PL, i feel he will get bullied by the defenders who are more physical than in any other league or ... maybe it is just my one dimensional thought. 

P.S. I would love to be proven wrong on such matters though :)

I dunno why people are so for playing with a big, physical striker rather than an all around brilliant striker. I would take a Lewandowski, Suarez, Dybala etc over a big, physical striker. Look what happened last season when Costa was off form (or even on form) they require good service, whereas a versatile striker will win games through creating chances themselves.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You