Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

OneMoSalah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Brother who is a diehard BVB Fan with some decent contacts to the staff says auba is staying but that might also be wishful thinking. But tbf i cant see it either tbh just does not feel like a chelsea signing. Would be glad to be proven wrong tho.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

My Brother who is a diehard BVB Fan with some decent contacts to the staff says auba is staying but that might also be wishful thinking. But tbf i cant see it either tbh just does not feel like a chelsea signing. Would be glad to be proven wrong tho.

If we don't sign him who do we sign, we can not sign benteke or Llorente for a main striker. Morata and belotti also just look so unlikely, are we screwed? 

Chelsea need a striker, Aubameyang wants to leave, we've just missed out on Lukaku and threw in a desperate 'bid' at the end. Now some lazy websites link Aubameyang to us even though he's almost never been linked to us previously this summer. Other media outlets pick up on it and suddenly this Auba->Chelsea seems to have become a story out of absolutely nothing.

Yeah, seems to be pretty bullshit. Would love to be proved wrong though. 

Never payed much attention to this guy, until now. Been thinking that he had only 1-2 good seasons behind him, but boy I was wrong. Here are some statistics:

20067711_10210639277471183_391901792_n.p

Amazing number of goals, actually. 38, 33, 19, 14, 19 in last 5 seasons.

About his playing style... He is such a predator in front of goal. He can finish almost every cross, and is decent even with his head (slightly better than Costa I would say, for example). Deadly from counter. Maybe he will not create much for himself, but will sure create a lot when the space is little more opened.

His technique is not so great, maybe he is something above Lukaku/Costa, but his pace, my God... He is one of the fastest players in Europe, for sure.

My grades, from what I saw:

Finishing 9/10

Pace 10/10

Heading 7/10

Technique (Ball receiving / Close control / Ball control in tight spaces) 6/10

Also, he is 28 already, but he turned 28 only before 2-3 weeks, so he is almost a year younger than Costa, which is not that bad.

Morata seems not to be interested, we are not connected to Belotti and he seems Milan-bound... Auba could be just the best we could get at the moment. SIGN HIM UP!

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Do you want to play with a Target striker like Costa forever? I certainly don't. It's boring. So this notion that he doesn't suit us is frustrating to read. There is a new narritive under Conte and this could be the signs that show which direction he wants to take out team. I agree Boletti would be a fantastic propersition for the future but Aubameyang is a class act. He is skillfull, quick as fuck snd scores a shit-load of goals. He is the full, ready made product. The very thought of Hazard, Aubameyang, Bakayoko, Kante and Willian/Pedro running at defences gives me a chubby.

First of all, I said personally. If you think differently, good for you. It's as if I were to say you thinking he fits us like a glove is frustrating.

Also, yes, I do fancy a target man upfront, not boring for me at all. When Costa is actually giving a damn about the match, it creates good moments. The way he destroyed Otamendi against City in the 3-1 win comes to mind when I think about it.

When did I say Aubameyang wasn't class?

Marcel Desailly believes Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would be the perfect signing for his old club and a better fit than fellow transfer target Alvaro Morata

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/15/chelsea-urged-to-seal-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-transfer-over-alvaro-morata-6782419/#ixzz4mwO9txrf

Agree with @Magic Lamps don't think Aubameyang is a Chelsea profile signing. 

Granted the club is in a a very tough spot, because of Lukaku going to Man-U. And Morata/Belotti costing like £80M... not to mention Conte completely fucking up the Costa situation. It may not be a popular opinion, but Conte really messed up there. Had he just waited until a replacement was attained, then it would have been ok. 

But now there's no coming back from this, and we might have to pay the ultimate price now. 

1 hour ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

First of all, I said personally. If you think differently, good for you. It's as if I were to say you thinking he fits us like a glove is frustrating.

Also, yes, I do fancy a target man upfront, not boring for me at all. When Costa is actually giving a damn about the match, it creates good moments. The way he destroyed Otamendi against City in the 3-1 win comes to mind when I think about it.

When did I say Aubameyang wasn't class?

I didn't say, neither insinuate that you had deemed Aubameyang anything but class. I was just simply saying that he is. That's my personal opinion. I agree, Costa at his best can be unstoppable and 'fits us like a glove' because we play to his strengths. I just seek a differet style of football which I think we would play if playing towards others strengths.

My guess is if this isn't wrapped up soon(within the next few days) we're not in for him. Dortmund have ambitions too and they will need time to find a sufficient sub. If they are keen to sell it will be to a certain point in the transfer market

Come on. It's usually the players you're NOT linked to that you sign.

How long were papers linking us with Rudiger? Not for a fraction of how long they linked us to others (Manolas), who we didn't sign. (Unless we count previous season links - oh how nice that Conte planned for him 3 years in advance.
How long were Milan linked to Bonucci? About 24 hours.
Caballero? Out of nowhere. Our departures so far? Out of nowhere.

It's almost shocking to me, that we actually did sign someone the papers kept linking us to. The papers didn't have us linked with Hazard, Costa (I think?), Fabregas, Luiz (either times), Torres, and more. 

Logically, it makes sense that Chelsea have surely made contact with Dortmund, considering we do go for high profile players, which there aren't many of left that are available currently.

Trust logic, not papers.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

If only we got Sandro and someone who could cross on the right hand side, Aubameyang would feast in goals. 

Yep. And then if we brought in Llorente as our backup he'd feast as well if Auba was ever injured or rested.

"We have not had any offers," he told Welt am Sonntag .

"We will wait a few more days but not long anymore. I personally would prefer if he stays." says Hans-Joachim Watzke.

Next week or stay at home. Belotti off to ACM, Morata not for sale for less than 90m.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You