Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

LOL this is hilarious.

Musonda is very good and one of the most promising players is Europe in his age group BUT boy do you Belgian folks OVERRATE HIM.

For yrs now Boga has been the most impressive player in our youth setup. Yeah Musonda had a better yr this yr, but remember Boga was injured for big chunk of it. Do remember that Boga outperformed the likes of Salah in the last pre-season.

RLC was even more impressive in the post season two yrs ago against much better opposition in Man City.

Musonda is soo overhyped by the Belgian folks that he has started to eat his own hype going by his recent social media posts. A luck of humility and level headedness has been the downfall of many top prospects.

For every Ronaldo type( top prospect with a lack of humility and being subtlety entitled that makes it) there are 100 Ben Arfas.

Musonda is my favorite prospect alongside Christensen, Traore, Boga and Colkett, but i'm starting to fear him.

I don't het why it should be hilarious? I never stated RLC or Boga were less talented then him, I just stated that Musonda impressed me (personal opinion!) more then them this season.

As for overhyping the lad; a few months ago, the Belgium u21 played a match against Spain u21. There were players on the pitch like Tielemans, Munir and El Haddadoui (from Barcelona) and afterwards both the Belgian and Spanish press agreed Musonda was just on another level. Same with the youth coaches at Anderlecht, who placed him on yet a higher level then Januzaj. I don't think it's overhyping when you say he has a chance to make it at Chelsea, is it?

If Charly is just another "run on the mill wonderkid" like some are implying, why are all these clubs lining up to sign him or take him on loan. We have gone from overrating our prospects to underrating them. Musonda is the best player of his age group in Europe and most journalist and scouts tend to agree with that.

I will never be comfortable parting ways with a young player with as much ability and potential as him. He isn't your typical wonderkid either, i,e all showboating and no substance, He is intelligent, defensively/tactically strong and plays with maturity above his years which makes it even more baffling.

If he has very good loan spell at let's say Marseille do you think he could make national team for Euro 2016?

It's possible but he should start playing very well instantly for the whole season. Belgium have two Hazards, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Mertens, Chadli, Ferreira-Carrasco and Januzaj in his position. Musonda must do some serious magic to be considered as a squad member.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/450298/Arsenal-Chelsea-transfer-news-Charly-Musonda-Marseille-loan

Seems like the club doesn't want to sell him to Arsenal. Olympique Marseille are poised to take him on a 1 year long loan currently.

Yes please, working with Bielsa will be as good as Courtois working with Simeone.

It's possible but he should start playing very well instantly for the whole season. Belgium have two Hazards, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Mertens, Chadli, Ferreira-Carrasco and Januzaj in his position. Musonda must do some serious magic to be considered as a squad member.

Lets say Willmots will take 6 AM:

- Eden and KDB are lock

- Mirallas, Mertens, Chadli, Ferreira-Carrasco are very propable

thats six already. Januzaj and Thorgan isnt exactly setting the world on fire, however Musonda would have to be better than them and much better than above four (or maybe counts on some injuries). Also Willmots may take 3 forwards (Origi, Benteke, Lukaku), or more DM/CM (Naingollan, Witsel, Dembele, Fellaini, Tielmans..) - yeah, it will be super hard for him to jump in.

Lets say Willmots will take 6 AM:

- Eden and KDB are lock

- Mirallas, Mertens, Chadli, Ferreira-Carrasco are very propable

thats six already. Januzaj and Thorgan isnt exactly setting the world on fire, however Musonda would have to be better than them and much better than above four (or maybe counts on some injuries). Also Willmots may take 3 forwards (Origi, Benteke, Lukaku), or more DM/CM (Naingollan, Witsel, Dembele, Fellaini, Tielmans..) - yeah, it will be super hard for him to jump in.

Only De Bruyne can play as a 10, if he plays very well for a whole season for Marseille he goes to the EC I think. Wilmots is selecting more youth than most Belgian coaches (which is very easy to achieve), still see that as his strongest asset.

We quite obviously haven't had someone this talented in our youth ranks ever, unless you want to count Terry and Kakuta like a fucking fool

Actually Kakuta was far more highly rated at the same age. And he was far far more dominant than Musonda in youth football. Looks like you are the fool here.

Even now, arguably Boga is a better talent.

Actually Kakuta was far more highly rated at the same age. And he was far far more dominant than Musonda in youth football. Looks like you are the fool here.

I dismissed Gael's Chelsea chances within 20 minutes of kick-off in the first game I saw him play live. (A youth team game as Stamford Bridge.) Speaking personally then, Gael was certainly not rated more highly than Charly. The two players are similarly talented but, in my opinion, Charly has a much better understanding of the game and is clearly a better prospect at 18 than Gael was. In fact it's not even close. Again, that's only my opinion of course.

look at all the people agreeing with u

You start off right. Kakuta was higher rated. but right now Pogba is higher rated than Ronaldo and probably Hazard too. does that mean he's better? no. has he been better than either of them? no.

I said Musonda is the most talented we've had. Whatever hype was associated with Kakuta and whatever high expectations were placed on him due to media is irrelevant to that. Fool.

I was looking at the Chelseayouth twitter and noticed Musonda, (assuming it is his real account) thanked the site for the video compilation made for him and he said "for the great of video of the past season and great memories @chelseayouth ⚽️".

Great memories? Just seems a odd thing to say. Maybe I am being a little too sceptical but that could suggest he is off. I hope we do not lose him permanently. Especially to Arsenal who have been linked and would probably turn him into a world beater which would be really annoying to see.

I was looking at the Chelseayouth twitter and noticed Musonda, (assuming it is his real account) thanked the site for the video compilation made for him and he said "for the great of video of the past season and great memories @chelseayouth ⚽️".

Great memories? Just seems a odd thing to say. Maybe I am being a little too sceptical but that could suggest he is off. I hope we do not lose him permanently. Especially to Arsenal who have been linked and would probably turn him into a world beater which would be really annoying to see.

Also the fact that his agent is also involved. Looks like he is taking matters into his own hands now, because Chelsea wanted a loan deal to Vitesse. That 12 million offer from Arsenal is quite alot and puts pressure onto Chelsea to either sell him or grant him a loan destination to a better club than Vitesse.

when kids be talking about the most talented kids we`ve ever had....by the time Jimmy Greaves left aged just 21 he had scored 124 of his still standing record and probably never to be broken 357 top flight goals . I`ll hang my hat on him being our greatest young talent ever and among the top 5 young talents in the history of world football. that`s going by the common misguided rule that only attacking players can be described as the best of their time or ever.