Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

This thread is a bit of a mess. Why not just leave it at Musonda is an extremely promising talent who needs a loan to a team that will get him 10+ starts and 1500+ minutes of game time.

He can get that at Marseille as Payet just left and Marseille is chomping at the bit for more Belgian talents after Batshuayi's goal scoring record this season.

How does the statement "He ran the show" translate to meaning the player in question was the only outstanding player? This Chelsea youth team is far more talented than the one that Gael played in so it's only natural that he stands out more in a sea of mediocrity mixed in with one decent talent (Borini at the time). Quality teams full of talent will always have more than one outstanding performers at anyone time and that takes nothing away from outstanding individual performances. You don't get any extra point for being a big fish in a small pond.

The most pointless statement of the year. no one has claimed otherwise. the argument was whether your statement about kakuta being far more dominant for the youth team than Charly was accurate and a fair assessment or not.

First off, neymar despite being flashy was very productive and so was the one before him Ronaldinho.

Hazard, Isco, sanchez et al too are flashy but intelligent, productive and decisive players. The issue isn't about youth players being flashy but whether the flamboyancy is to the detriment of the team and hinders them from being productive and decisive. It's the decision making of knowing when to attempt a skill and what to do with the ball after and the tactical awareness and intelligence that distinguish the "flamboyant donkeys" like Kakuta, taraabt,Quaresma et al from the former.

Notice I didn't use "only outstanding," I used "more impactful". I'm not great at English but i'm pretty sure those 2 don't imply the same thing.

The current youth team is indeed better than Kakuta's youth team but it wasn't a "sea of mediocrity". Kakuta played with the likes of Jack Cork, Bridcut, Hutchinson, PVA, Borini, Bruma. Yeah they aren't world beaters now, but they were actually pretty good prospects back then; they weren't "mediocre".

Some players scale up their game from youth football with all their qualities and attributes and even acquire others, some players don't. No one knew Quaresma would flop at senior level. Trying to say otherwise is claiming clairvoyance and that's bullshit. Mceachran might have been an intelligent, mature midfielder in youth football but senior football presented another dimension that he couldn't scale up to. No one knows if Musonda will scale up to all the different dimensions of senior football. Chelsea didn't know Kakuta wouldn't be up to it at senior level((whatever/not getting into) the reasons). If they did, they wouldn't have gone through all the hullabaloo of getting him. The idea is to hope that they make it and help them to do so. That's why they are "prospects", "promising prospects".

They were your words trying to make it out as if Kakuta's flamboyance wasn't productive in the youth team. He couldn't scale up his game to the senior level, but it was certainly productive in youth football, much more so than Musonda's. Musonda might scale up his game at senior level and be much better(productively) than Kakuta has been at this level or not; that remains to be seen. That's been the whole point.

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/Musondacjr

Well this is interesting. Looks like he is joining the first-teams preseason tour (they have to report back for training tomorrow). Unless he means joining up with our U21's, although i think they started training a week ago.

Was thinking he would be joining the tour, don't know when Oscar, Willian and Cuadrado will return to the team so i guess Charly will be training with the big guys until their break is over.

Was thinking he would be joining the tour, don't know when Oscar, Willian and Cuadrado will return to the team so i guess Charly will be training with the big guys until their break is over.

Oscar will join the tour. He didn't participate in the Copa America and had a big 2 months rest. Only Willian and Cuadrado won't be back. Seeïng that the full squad is there bar those 2, im curious if he will get some chances to impress. We got some pretty though pre-season fixtures coming up with PSG, Barcelona and Fiorentina.

He was left out to accommodate Moses.

Although he tweeted this :

https://twitter.com/MusondaCJR/status/620943851168116736

Maybe he was promised to come back after Moses, Cuadrado, Salah and co. will be cleared out. What "even bigger season" can mean otherwise ? On loan ?

And by the way, I can't go to his Instagram. Has he deleted his profile ?

He was left out to accommodate Moses.

Although he tweeted this :

https://twitter.com/MusondaCJR/status/620943851168116736

Maybe he was promised to come back after Moses, Cuadrado, Salah and co. will be cleared out. What "even bigger season" can mean otherwise ? On loan ?

And by the way, I can't go to his Instagram. Has he deleted his profile ?

https://instagram.com/charlymusondajr/