Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Some people here thinking Mikel was good in this game,,but for me he still show up and down performance,,against stoke he is really good but in this game he just sitting too deeply and less preasure and tackle but it help with ramires,,i can't imagine if it was lampard and mikel,,i think it will really hard for us to get a point from this game,,But the fact we win it,,,time to get into next game Nordsjaelland and norwich ,,i hope RDM will make some rotation because some player like romeu marin azpi moses and sturridge need more time on the pitch so they can be more integrated with other player just like what he did with oscar and hazard who begin settled down with the team

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we really need to work on our counter attacks

the way we do them now is we give to ball to torres from the start, but it would be better if we give it to Hazard or Mata or any one of the wide players and they could set Torres up for the final ball

Torres just doesn't have the pace at all to start a counter attack

with better counter attacks we would have destroyed Arsenal

Guys go on the Le Arse forum (Arsenal Mania). Brilliant read. Great entertainment and plenty of LOL's. So much butthurt and denial on there. They are using the deluded excuse "We let them win" as a coping mechanism :D

Furthermore they are dismissing our title challenge and saying things like "its far too early to judge", just a week after jizzing and saying they can win the title after a DRAW against an OUT OF FORM Citeh side. Says it all really, doesn't it?.

We on the other hand just outplayed an in form and confident Le Arse, for very, very large portions of the game beat them at their own game and above all won and got all 3 points at their own home ground. No big deal right? Ohhhhhh Arsenal fans, you utter jokes :lol:

Can't quite understand the stick Giroud is getting. He has shown great movement upfront and offers a decent physical presence upfront. Only problem with him right now is his finishing and composure in front of goal. He will start to bang in the goals but may take awhile more for that to happen.

As people are so quick to point on on here regarding Torres, good movement and good work-rate counts for nothing if you dont put the ball in the back of the net, Giroud was bought in to try to replace RVP so the stick he gets is completely understandable.

As people are so quick to point on on here regarding Torres, good movement and good work-rate counts for nothing if you dont put the ball in the back of the net, Giroud was bought in to try to replace RVP so the stick he gets is completely understandable.

Yes but strikers like Drogba didn't exactly hit the ground running immediately either when he arrived in England despite banging in a few goals here and there.

Yes but strikers like Drogba didn't exactly hit the ground running immediately either when he arrived in England despite banging in a few goals here and there.

I personally think Drogba's first two season's where his 3rd and 4th best season's for us. His best display in a Chelsea shirt came in his 2nd campaign when we won 4-1 at Anfield.

I personally think Drogba's first two season's where his 3rd and 4th best season's for us. His best display in a Chelsea shirt came in his 2nd campaign when we won 4-1 at Anfield.

I have always said that Drogba had more of an impact on the team in his first 2 seasons. He opened so much space with his back to goal for the likes of Robben, Duff and Lampard to almost casually walk into and score. He sacrificed himself for the team and it worked brilliantly, when he played more for himself in the 3rd season he got an avalanche of goals but we won nothing which says a lot. Chelsea fans that say he was poor in his first 2 seasons were probably not Chelsea fans back then because if they were they would of noticed that his battling ram style was integral to our performances and yes that 4-1 at Anfield was probably his best display in a Chelsea shirt.

@Badboy,

Very true, i thought he (overall) declined after the third season (with the exception of the double season), yes he scored all the cup final goals but his consistency imo waned after Jose left (apart from the double wining season ofcourse).

@Badboy,

Very true, i thought he (overall) declined after the third season (with the exception of the double season), yes he scored all the cup final goals but his consistency imo waned after Jose left (apart from the double wining season ofcourse).

The thing is I think that the club in general wasn't consistent. We were juggling through clowns of managers with the exception of Ancelotti, who looked to be a permanent manager. With established coaches and some club stability he delivered the goods fairly consistently.

The thing is I think that the club in general wasn't consistent. We were juggling through clowns of managers with the exception of Ancelotti, who looked to be a permanent manager. With established coaches and some club stability he delivered the goods fairly consistently.

That is a fair point actually, i never looked at it from that angle.

It's looking good but now this is where we have to focus. Norwich drew 3-3 at Arsenal last season and beat the yids at WHL. Beating Arsenal is completely pointless if we fail to beat Norwich at home. Also this will be a Norwich team who played pretty well here last season and they will be hurting from what's been going on with them this season. They're still yet to win a game, we have to concentrate and win the game. Very big game now before the the double of Tottenham away and Man Utd at home.

It's looking good but now this is where we have to focus. Norwich drew 3-3 at Arsenal last season and beat the yids at WHL. Beating Arsenal is completely pointless if we fail to beat Norwich at home. Also this will be a Norwich team who played pretty well here last season and they will be hurting from what's been going on with them this season. They're still yet to win a game, we have to concentrate and win the game. Very big game now before the the double of Tottenham away and Man Utd at home.

There's one slight difference between the Norwich of last season and the one this season. Paul Lambert. Under him, they pretty much took the game to every opposition with his cavalier approach. Chris Hughton's Norwich is slightly the opposite. Not so much of a defensive team but less attack minded than back then. But I do agree you. The win against Arsenal will count for nothing if we don't beat Norwich here. It will be tough regardless of their poor form so far and I'm sure, just like in the case of every lesser sides do after getting thrashed the week before, Norwich will look to keep things tight and make life very difficult for us.

It's hard to complain when you win a derby away from home, but I will say I thought it wasn't our best performance this season. The Oscar, Mata, Hazard combination may have worked yesterday (in terms of the result at least) but our lack of width was alarming.

Cole was MOTM for me for an absolutely flawless performance. Pete saved our 3 points with two top shelf saves. Mata brilliant again, Hazard marked out of the match again (that's maybe a bit harsh to say that he was out of the game, but his influence was hugely reduced; he needs to take on players more often imho). Oscar was crucial for the balance of the team, his defensive work was excellent ( I stand corrected about his defensive abilities). Mata continued his stunning form and Torres had a great game (bar that one-on-one with the keeper) especially in terms of his hold-up play; his best match in blue.

On a side note, we really need to stop diving, it's getting fucking embarrassing!

It's hard to complain when you win a derby away from home, but I will say I thought it wasn't our best performance this season. The Oscar, Mata, Hazard combination may have worked yesterday (in terms of the result at least) but our lack of width was alarming.

Espically our first in 8 tries..bit crazy! But yeah the diving is pathetic is is gana lead to issues with refs if we carry on.Hard to shake that reputation once you have it really

Drogba great player no arguing that but when he was having a meh day you could tell!

Hopfully Torres will carry on from him.Never gana be the player he was but anything better we have seen so far bonus at the moment