Oscar

themightyblue

What worries me about Oscar is the big change in his energy levels nowadays compared to when he first joined. His stamina used to impress me a lot. He used to in constant motion, always running around at a high pace. And that was one of his strengths as he would tire opponents and always provide a passing option for his team mates. He has not been the same for the longest time.

If he would somehow recover that in his game, he'd add another dimension to his game. And he surely needs that.

not to give the same old excuse (some see it like that, I don't) but he's been skipping full summer vacations for a few years in a row, it's sort of expected he has less and less energy until he finally rests properly. It don't happen though... next year he'll have Copa América and let's hope he isn't one of the three senior players Dunga - or whoever is Brazil's manager in 2016 will choose. But there's so long a guy can season after season be either the guy who's played more, or one of them, and not start feeling the physical wearing down. I think he's doing fine, he still has to catch up some (most players do) in the fitness department after his brief vacation, he'll improve some, but I think unless he has a proper summer vacation he won't be the player he was in 2012 - energy wise.

not to give the same old excuse (some see it like that, I don't) but he's been skipping full summer vacations for a few years in a row, it's sort of expected he has less and less energy until he finally rests properly. It don't happen though... next year he'll have Copa América and let's hope he isn't one of the three senior players Dunga - or whoever is Brazil's manager in 2016 will choose. But there's so long a guy can season after season be either the guy who's played more, or one of them, and not start feeling the physical wearing down. I think he's doing fine, he still has to catch up some (most players do) in the fitness department after his brief vacation, he'll improve some, but I think unless he has a proper summer vacation he won't be the player he was in 2012 - energy wise.

Yeah he's played an incredible amount of football for years now and that must surely play a part. But is Oscar the only one? And like you said, there doesn't seem to be a period of rest on the horizon so I really don't know how that will affect him.

I just hope he somehow regains that part of his game. It's not only good for his own game but good for the team as well.

Yeah he's played an incredible amount of football for years now and that must surely play a part. But is Oscar the only one? And like you said, there doesn't seem to be a period of rest on the horizon so I really don't know how that will affect him.

I just hope he somehow regains that part of his game. It's not only good for his own game but good for the team as well.

few players played Confed's Cup as this is a 6 (or is 8?)-team competition that had only Spain and Italy from Europe. So most of our players - and the players in the world - had a full vacation last year. Not only Oscar didn't, but he was arguably the best player for Brazil in the competition, working his arse off even more than he usually does. So I don't think your argument is necessarily fair. We could say the same about the Spaniards, Uruguayans and Italians (who has Italians player these days though - except Italian clubs, ofc).

That's a few years in a row without proper vacation as he played the Olympic Games bullshit too and before that some under-21 championship. Most top players in the world don't play the OG bullshit either (football shouldn't be included in OG).

The only thing Mou didnt expect was Oscar's eventual lack of stamina.

He was top runner for season and half, then he got suddenly very tired after every game. He always had energy to run in attack and defence, now its clear he lacks bit of stamina to truly excel on both ends. But his tactical awarness is probably better than any other #10 or attacker in general. His awarness and discipline to know when to cover DM, CM or even fullbacks is quite outstanding.

But he certainly dropped from #10 role. I rarely see him actualy run around penalty area, he goes much deeper these days with Cesc going forward, or he goes on wing with Hazard moving in the middle. Basicaly he is everywhere and I dont understand how people still "expect" him to rack assists and goals. He already contributes in attack alot, and when he will truly gain some more stamina, I think he will be our key player, someone who is not seen much but still vital to the side.

And thats exactly what Mou is making him to be. Once he was typical playmaker or even second striker, he dropped that just to help team defend and on top of that his brain is superb. Hope he gets his body on same level and then we will get ultimate midfielder. He will never be "strong" ala Toure, but he can give pretty much anything else. Time is all he needs and under Mou, Im sure he will reach the potential (as allround midfielder, not #10).

He makes odd passes here and there, but Motta for example was also decent CM in the beggining, but eventualy got superb passing range and tactical awarness. Think Oscar will do the same.

Anyone have a gif of that skill in the 2nd half where he ghosted past 2 markers like they weren't even there?

couldn't find the gif, but found him vs Swansea - although the guy did put a lot of replays, he didn't put a replay of that specific play, but the music is depressing, lol. Better depressing than that annoying thing most people who make comps choose to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggqcj5muJ1M

also found this old vid - haven't seen it before. At the end of it he says he likes Chelsea a lot and that he wants to play here for many more years, and not just some as officially translated.

couldn't find the gif, but found him vs Swansea - although the guy did put a lot of replays, he didn't put a replay of that specific play, but the music is depressing, lol. Better depressing than that annoying thing most people who make comps choose to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggqcj5muJ1M

also found this old vid - haven't seen it before. At the end of it he says he likes Chelsea a lot and that he wants to play here for many more years, and not just some as officially translated.

I've since seen it since then. Thanks for the video, just subscribed to that channel.

Hope the idiots that were claiming Coutinho is better than Oscar were watching tonight.

Maybe I coincidently catch Liverpool games at the right time but every time I see Coutinho he is absolute dog shit.

The game against us (when Suarez bit Ivan) at Anfield just after he joined, I have never seen someone so out of his depth as he was, and he was taken off at half time, ironically Oscar gave us the lead aswell.

Hope the idiots that were claiming Coutinho is better than Oscar were watching tonight.

Coutinho is someone I like because of his Inter days. I really, really, really like the kid - even if he now plays for Scum.

So those are two players who I have a soft spot for and CURRENTLY whoever says Coutinho is better than Oscar is either crazy or has very limited football knowledge. As usual some kind of fans only cares about flicks and that amazing pass. It doesn't matter if the player is tactically limited, if the player goes periods of time sleeping in the pitch, if the player has even more ups and downs than Oscar, has no awareness of collective positioning, no... all that matters is that he makes a mouth watering pass - even if that happens here and there... so for those kind of fans, Coutinho is much better. I guess they've never seen Oscar doing the same (he does from time to time, but Coutinho is even more inconsistent). Or is just a case of grass, green. Some just don't like Oscar. They'd probably say their dog's shit is better than Oscar, so I don't even bother.