Oscar

themightyblue

Well he was anonymous for half the season after a very bright start, where his form prompted Mata to sit on the bench and eventually leave because he couldn't get in the team. Someone who was putting Mata, 2 times player of the year, arguably the best playmaker in the PL since arriving in 2011, only behind Silva perhaps, on the bench you expect much much much better. I am not stupid, you might want to say that but I'm not, the Southampton game where he and Willian came on was the last good game I can remember him playing for a good while but still if you look at how any other number 10 in the top 5 or 6 PL teams played in the last second half of the season you really have to consider how poor he was. Then when he lines up for Brazil and plays an outstanding match it makes me think what could have been.

Don't even bother starting with this fans like you bullshit, you're just being like that for no reason, I am not the only person on this forum who was disappointed with Oscar's season and just because you disagree doesn't mean you're right. In fact by the time Jose Mourinho even said he was disappointed with Oscar towards the end of the season that says something doesn't it?

I'm as disappointed with his form as you are. What I meant is saying things like 5-6 months when it doesn't even make 4 if you count he hasn't play for a couple of weeks because he was injured.

Also it's not the first time you post things like that as if they were facts when they aren't. There's opinion and then there are facts and stats. Don't post your opinion (maybe you felt he played bad for 6 months) as if it was a fact. He had a great first months, dropped a bit and then dropped completely.

I hate the short memory thing. Even I had to admit the other day that Ramires had a good start for us (I posted it opposed to someone who said he had a terrible season from start to end). He was solid in the first months (despite the bad passing, that is always a constant) and was horrid the last few. Oscar was much worse in the last few, but it doesn't nearly come to 5-6 months of sucking. It's as if he wasn't our best player in many matches in the first half of season, even grabbing some MOTM trophies and being picked by fans here in the threads. But do you even acknowledge that? Of course not, for you it's been six months of suckery.

Whatever you say then, boy.

Oscar's performance vs Croatia. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpcuFdRW7U0

And that can safely conclude the debate about past season. Clearly he was thinking about Brazil.

Also in the beginning of that game he was very fragile just like he was on the later games for us, but it seems that when he realized that he had to perform for Brazil no matter what, he instantly became class again. So presented with the right kind of motive just ignited him.

That drives me to think that in his performances for us it wasn't so much about a dip of physical form, but rather a lack of the right mentality (because WC was approaching).

So the question that's raising here is: can he be that much motivated when playing for Chelsea? In essence, will he feel the same kind of (not amount of, that's impossible) love for Chelsea as Brazil? I think he will get there eventually and we will see wonderful stuff happening on the pitch.

He should have been motivated from the start. Fair enough it's his first world cup but that's no excuse to not perform for Chelsea. If he played 'bad' on purpose so that he didn't get picked for fear of injury I will be so pissed. It's a bold claim to make but whatever, it's possible.

I think fabregas coming to take on the creative load will do wonders for his game. Watching him today and it was still clear that he can't provide the creative spark that a traditional 10 will give. It simply isn't a part of his game.

I think fabregas coming to take on the creative load will do wonders for his game. Watching him today and it was still clear that he can't provide the creative spark that a traditional 10 will give. It simply isn't a part of his game.

Spot on. Mourinho should do with him what Simeone did with Koke.

In the first half, most of Brazil attacks originated from Oscar retaining possession, however, he lost the ball quite a bit and was average....

It's ok though, because Brazil is already in the next round.

It might be a little cynical of me, but I find it annoying how he suddenly found some form after spending months doing nothing in the blue shirt. And it happened after some reports he might be saving himself/concentration for the World Cup. Now imagine he has a great tournament and when he returns to London he starts the season the same way he finished the last one. I'd suggest him to retire from club football so he can save his best displays for his national team.