Oscar

themightyblue

And that's why I've tried to differentiate between Oscar being a fundamentally bad player and playing in the wrong position.

So we essentially paid £19m for a player that can only flourish when the conditions are comfortable and perfect for him i.e no one breathing down is neck and applying pressure when he's on the ball. he's not a good value for money. that's for sure.

He can, just needs to be pushed further back in the midfield like folks on here are saying.

IDK, playing under Mourinho is a whole different thing...

Ozil struggled a lot even in a less physical league with Mourinho's tactics. So, Mourinho put him on the right side towards the end of his tenure, so Ozil wouldn't have to press that much and Mourinho wouldn't go Hazard on him. However, Mourinho started to bench Ozil quite a bit as well towards the end...

So we essentially paid £19m for a player that can only flourish when the conditions are comfortable and perfect for him i.e no one breathing down is neck and applying pressure when he's on the ball. he's not a good value for money. that's for sure.

better than the 37m for Juan Mata!

To be fair, these are legit criticisms of Oscar. I'm not going to pretend that I don't cringe sometimes when he makes errors on the ball that he really shouldn't be making.

The criticisms all stem on Mata being replaced.

People are thinking about how Mata played under Rafa, not how Mata played under Mourinho... TWO HUGE different situations....

I agree with the notion OScar hasn't been playing well for a while, but for some reason he has become the scapegoat to everything now, even when he was benched, the blame goes to Oscar..

better than the 37m for Juan Mata!

What's the relevance. I know what you are implying and I will spell it out to you. Mata has had a bad season and he's not been a resounding success at Utd however atleast he's proven beyond reasonable doubt that he can flourish as an "attacking midfielder" in this league. the same cannot be said for Oscar.

You think I'm one of those that let's bias or sentiment cloud their judgement. if a player that I admire isn't playing well or perfoming below par, I will say so like I'm doing with mata. So you can shut the fuck up already about the mata bias and agenda against oscar that you cooked up in your head.

I call it how I see it.

What's the relevance. I know what you are implying and I will spell it out to you. Mata has had a bad season and he's not been a resounding success at Utd however atleast he's proven beyond reasonable doubt that he can flourish as an "attacking midfielder" in this league. the same cannot be said for Oscar.

You think I'm one of those that let's bias or sentiment cloud their judgement. if a player that I admire isn't playing well, I will say it how I see it like I'm doing with mata. So you can shut the fuck up already about my mata bias and agenda against oscar.

I call it how I see it.

So did Torres...Mata excelled when he had no defensive responsibility and was in charge of all the dead ball situations... When Van Gaal goes to United and Mata gets benched, what will you say than?

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board knows you have an agenda against Oscar and have a Mata bias.....

I wonder why I don't have such agenda against the likes of Cech, Azpilicueta,Hazard,JT,Cahill,Ivanovic, Matic, Eto'o,Schurrle and Willian (to an extent with the latter 2). could it have something to do with their fairly consistent performances and the fact that they are not overrated as fuck. I wonder.

See, in your mind, your beloved Mata was sold because of Oscar...

Therefore, Oscar must feel the wrath..

Parreira: “Oscar told us he’s not very happy with his position/role at Chelsea. He opened the topic to us. Here, we play him how he likes.”

Here we go.

"we play him how he likes"

in case of torres he would just lay down in the grass for 90 minutes