test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,585 posts in this topic

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

Nah Draxler isn't much better (if any).

Kroos probably isn't available + not sure he's what we need.

Isco is a player I'd really like to see because I really think he has that special something to be one of the best. The thought of him and Hazard linking up..

Real wont sell him though and I'm not sure he fits Mou's plans. Oscar does..

This is really strange to me. A young TALENTED player who was performed great in the first half season and dropped in form in the second half SO WHAT? It happens to the most mature players in the world. This is no excuse to THINK of selling him even for 40 mil. Man if managers would sell players for dropping in form , no player would remain in a club for a full season. Be patient he is still developing and with the World Cup he will definitely improve and get more experience.

I think some of you don't really get my point.

You make it look as if I said "Oscar hasn't been performing lately and therefore we should definately sell him ASAP !"

That's really not the case. I love oscar.. I think he'll be a great player. But for me, if someone offered 40m I'd have to atleast consider it.

Anyways that report (of the 40m offer) is probably BS and Chelsea aren't gonna sell Oscar so.. no point in this.

The Skipper likes this

List of players to replace Oscar:

Draxler

Kroos

Isco( he will want to leave if Madrid keep benching him)

and more...

None of those is better than Oscar apart from Kroos who wouldn't fit Mou's system. I'd rather have Meyer than Draxler btw.

Mufassir08 likes this

I have a little concern about our player from Brazil.

It looks to me that they play better for the NT than the club. Half hearted performances from Oscar and Luiz recently. They should not forget that the team is always more important. If you dont give everything for your team in a teamsport you wont go far with your career. (opinion, not fact)

BUT

I take Oscar over any other young talented '10' player.

It looks to me that they play better for the NT than the club. Half hearted performances from Oscar and Luiz recently. They should not forget that the team is always more important. If you dont give everything for your team in a teamsport you wont go far with your career. (opinion, not fact)

BUT

Because they compliment each others in that team and have world class LB & RB to help them in attack.

Look Azpi's heat map of yesterday game, how on hell the danger could come from the left flank? So Eden is always 1 vs 2. If he gives the ball to Oscar, one of them can roam to help Oscar's defender and that limits Oscar's ability to create something we are making their bus.

article-2576655-1C24E7C000000578-694_634

BUT

I had this discussion a few days here. Again it's only my opinion, not a fact either.

Brazilian players are light - in the style and physically by default. Hulks aren't easily found here except for defenders and from time to time a CF. Our wingers, midfielders and strikers are normally very light, used to a lot of space, with slow football and way less physical. When they go to a league like English it's a shock of reality. Why do you think Ramires took two years to really be able to cope? He said for a few months he felt like a truck ran over him after he finished the matches. When they play for the NT they normally play Brazilian style. Also the same reason they more often than not play better in Europe. The style of many countries is less demanding physically, they have big pitches and the teams are slower than what they face in England. Other South American countries are more physical, or faster or other characteristics more similar to Europe although in general South American football is about flair, talent and time to think style, while European is faster, more physical and more tactical. Tactically we're years behind Europe (generally speaking). That's the reason why. David Luiz may have had half-heartened presentations for us. Ramires, Oscar and Willian never had one. They give their all every single match, even if they suck that particular day and have dips of forms now and then

Roquila and Rmpr like this

Just because Oscar and Luiz play better for Brazil, it doesnt mean they are not giving their all at Chelsea or that club football isnt their focus!

The thing is Brazil is a team with excellent chemistry and very well coached (by two WC champions, btw). It is not only our players that play better for Brazil than for their clubs, it's almost everyone: Julio Cezar, Daniel Alves, Paulinho, Neymar, Fred, etc. Everybody has upped their game when playing for Brazil lately.

Now, with Mourinho and a little more experience, Oscar will certainty improve. I predict he not only will start playing in the same level for Chelsea as he does for Brazil, but he will become even better. It is what he does with us that will ultimately define him, not Brazil!

Dont worry, he will come good...

I hope you're right with your last sentence. I really don't want Oscar to become another Adriano, playing good for a year or two and then disappear completely.

I hope you're right with your last sentence. I really don't want Oscar to become another Adriano, playing good for a year or two and then disappear completely.

Oscar is not Adriano, trust me!

Adriano only had a couple of fantastic seasons because he was never able to stay sober. He is an alcoholic who has fought depression throughout his whole life. It was never his football that was the problem, but his mental and physical health due to all his off the pitch problems!

Definitely nothing similar to our Oscar...

babu and Barbara like this

Oscar is not Adriano, trust me!

Adriano only had a couple of fantastic seasons because he was never able to stay sober. He is an alcoholic who has fought depression throughout his whole life. It was never his football that was the problem, but his mental and physical health due to all his off the pitch problems!

Definitely nothing similar to our Oscar...

My point was that i don't want him to disappear after some years like most talents do. Adriano was just the first that came in my mind.

But overall my point still stand, if we get 50m euros for him and we sign Kroos for 20-25m then I would happily take that considering Kroos is just as good if not BETTER PLAYER. 25m for striker or new CDM or whoever, just too good to miss.

Your point is well taken but not accepted! Try something else & good luck.

The team isn't complete, I think everyone agrees with this. We need a proper striker to divide the pressure put on Hazard, Oscar. When we get the last pieces of the puzzle completed then we will see full backs bombing forward, attacking players having more room to work their magic and so on. Good stuff will happen but it wont happen in a blink of an eye. Rome was not built in a day.

Also agree what Barbara and Rmpr said about the different styles of Brazilian league and European leagues. I think Oscar has done well so far, if he keeps his head down and works hard, he will become even better, more complete player for us and the national side.

Rmpr and Barbara like this

In recent days, I keep reading about Oscar & PSG intentions of signing him.

The way I see it. Either it´s a slow day at some newspaper office or these Frenchies are watching some sci-fi movies, lately.

I am certain, Jose would never let Oscar go to PSG now or in the near future.

To me, Oscar is a vital part of Chelsea´s team. This kid moves the team & his play is almost as important as Hazard´s.

Therefore, I would not attribute too much weight into these idiotic rumors.

Oscar is tactically far better than most no. 10's around his age and that's what endears mourinho and fans like me to him despite his age to improve. We all saw in the spurs game that he played little football but his tactical response to the need of the team was second to none. Players like kroos are technically better than oscar in terms of quality on the ball but nowhere near what oscar can produce tactically for a team and his technicality isn't bad either its just not his greatest strength, tactical acumen is his greatest strength which is quite rare in his position, to prove my point mata was a victim due to less adaptability to tactics despite being technically excellent mata>>>kroos.

Barbara likes this

The fact that this has been discussed so much over the past few days is hilarious. Only months ago, we were all debating about why Oscar is preferred by Mourinho as opposed to Mata because the former is more of an all rounder that fits totally into Mourinho's system and what he wants of his No.10. Now because of a supposedly huge bid from PSG coming, some have had their heads turned thinking it's just so easy to sell him and just a simple case of replacing one AM with another, when that's not even the case. Mourinho likes Oscar because of his tactical discipline, his dynamism, workrate and that ability to link the midfield and attack as well as arguably acting as a 3rd CM when defending in our 4-2-3-1 system (so that we don't get outnumbered etc). Sure, Oscar can still definitely improve offensively in terms of producing better end product in the final third and doing so more consistently but does the supposed replacements that were mentioned - Kroos, Isco or Draxler - have that attributes like Oscar mentioned in the last sentence? No. Those 3 might have a better end product than Oscar now but they are not an all rounder like him and in the current system and demands of Mourinho, they would probably just be another case of Mata.

Barbara and GeeMon like this

The problem is that certain Chelsea fans are spoiled and want everyone to be a hat trick hero every game, instead of looking at the big picture and seeing what the players use is in the future or even over a season. I bet when he scored that cracker against Juve, they all were happy to say he was going to be one of the best. Now he has a slight slump in goal scoring form he needs to be replaced, very fickle.

Land and Barbara like this