Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Well, if he's on the bench tomorrow we'll know for sure. I find it hard to believe it myself.

The story about the medical has been confirmed by Liverpool Echo and John Aldridge, an ex Liverpool player so it's very likely to be true. Also, Danny was absent from the match against Leeds as well even though Benitez declared him fit to play. Those mysterious injuries have seemed somewhat dodgy all along...

The story about the medical has been confirmed by Liverpool Echo and John Aldridge, an ex Liverpool player so it's very likely to be true. Also, Danny was absent from the match against Leeds as well even though Benitez declared him fit to play. Those mysterious injuries have seemed somewhat dodgy all along...

Funny the I read that the deal was not done & Rodgers said he was still looking @ PSG's striker Kevin Gameiro

Funny the I read said the deal was not done & Rodgers said he was still looking @ PSG's striker Kevin Gameiro

Your link ain't working mate, here's what they are reporting now:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/22/daniel-sturridge-to-have-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-12m-transfer-100252-32482239/

Here it says there were issues earlier this week but everything is now sorted and they can go forward with the medical tomorrow. Initially he was supposed to undergo the medical at the same time as Chelsea were playing Leeds on Wednesday but there was a slight delay in the negotiations and it had to be postponed for a few days. It also says that Rodgers was planning to go after Gameiro if things didn't work out with this Sturridge deal but now the deal is all done, pending a medical.

Just had a peek at RAWK to see what they think about Sturridge. To my surprise there were quite a lot of them deluded scousers who are not happy with this signing and some of them even went as far as say that Danny is no more than a mid table signing. Remind me again, isn't mid table exactly what Liverpool are these days?

Are Glen Johnson, Joe Cole and Daniel Sturridge the only Liverpool players with PL titles under their belts?

Borini too, although I'm not sure if he qualifies because he only played four league matches in 2009/2010 season.

Sturridge will thrive at Liverpool, but if he ever returns to a Big Club, he will flop again.

He is a typical player that was too good to be on the bench and not good enough to lead a UCL Champion.

It was good for both parts, considering the circunstances...

He's a good player, i think he'll score plenty of goals for Liverpool, but if we want to be up their with the likes of United and City (in terms of strike force) we need world class strikers, admittedly,Torres and Sturridge (at least for now) are not that.

12 million is a good deal, hopefully now we can buy a world class striker.

I'm sure he'll be leaving, the timing of this medical just seems a bit odd, that's all. Still, it's £12M or so towards the amortised transfer fee of a new striker to comply with FFP so it's a good deal for us as far as i'm concerned.

Your link ain't working mate, here's what they are reporting now:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/22/daniel-sturridge-to-have-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-12m-transfer-100252-32482239/

Here it says there were issues earlier this week but everything is now sorted and they can go forward with the medical tomorrow. Initially he was supposed to undergo the medical at the same time as Chelsea were playing Leeds on Wednesday but there was a slight delay in the negotiations and it had to be postponed for a few days. It also says that Rodgers was planning to go after Gameiro if things didn't work out with this Sturridge deal but now the deal is all done, pending a medical.

Just had a peek at RAWK to see what they think about Sturridge. To my surprise there were quite a lot of them deluded scousers who are not happy with this signing and some of them even went as far as say that Danny is no more than a mid table signing. Remind me again, isn't mid table exactly what Liverpool are these days?

Thanks for backing me up on that thumbup.gif

I really don't feel all that bothered by him leaving. I've seen us let plenty of players go and some have upset me but this one strikes me as a bit of good business.

The idea of Danny Sturridge is a lot more appealing than the reality and he seems to have become a world-beater in his time on the sidelines.