Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard better make runs next year, because Cesc and Costa are not the friendly kids around the block and definitely very vocal.

hopefully in a 433 he'll play the free role. Willian/Shurller and Costa can make the runs, even Oscar

You guys are unbelievable. Yes, he flopped at this world cup, but he had awesome season with Chelsea. Ronaldo had a shit world cup; does that make him a shit player then?

Neymar was bad for Barcelona, but turned up for brazil and everyone is wanking all over him. Cut him some slack

nothing was said in this thread other than: Hazard has had an awful World Cup.

He knows his talents. He tried and couldn't do it. Hazard has played similar to this in his chelsea career too. He is passive 90% of the time until he gets a chance and goes past a defender. We need to stop overrating Hazard's talents. He's not a Messi/Robben/Neymar type player; Hazard is similar to Iniesta and Gotze

He has the ability to be unplayable just like the three you named and has proven it at times with us.

Wish José would just hammer it in his head to try to play similar to Robben. Constantly run at your marker and keep him on edge. Play at a high tempo more consistently and take the game to the opponent rather than waiting for something got open up.

I'd worry more about Oscar and the other underperformring 'stars'. Chelsea's attack was all Hazard last season. Fickle much or just not that bright?

Oscar didn't really underperform for Brazil and was chelsea best player before jose changed the tactics in the beginning of January.

Hazard doesnt run, which has been existent since forever. With the acquisition of Cesc and Costa, hazard nor oscar will not have the leeway of getting put in their place. Chelsea attackers are all young, now with 2 veterans, this crap won't be tolerate from the midfield players., whether its oscar or hazard.....

the amount of stick lukaku and costa got for their performances, should not hazard be judged on the same thing!!!

Lukaku got a stick for being too full of himself, saying he is a complete striker and whatnot. I don't think Hazard or Costa said something similar so they imo should not get hammered.

Belgium's biggest problem was they simply could not get him involved because Argentina were defending with 10 men all game after than quick goal. Their midfield was poor with Witsel and Fellaini. You guys keep talking about runs but there were numerous times where he got into good positions but they could not pass it to him leaving him visibly frustrated !!!!

the amount of stick lukaku and costa got for their performances, should not hazard be judged on the same thing!!!

People in future should give Lukaku a chance based on how he performs for the club rather than how poor he was for 2 WC games. But yeah some fans are bloody fickle nowadays. Hazard had a bad world cup but I guarantee that Hazard will still tear apart the PL next season and should we give Lukaku a role here he will prove his point.

He has the ability to be unplayable just like the three you named and has proven it at times with us.

Wish José would just hammer it in his head to try to play similar to Robben. Constantly run at your marker and keep him on edge. Play at a high tempo more consistently and take the game to the opponent rather than waiting for something got open up.

Top post. he's one of the most passive players around.If he had even a quarter of Robben's killer instinct and aggressiveness/directness he would be talked about as one of the best players in the world legitimately. given his natural ability, he just couldn't be bothered to maximize his talent and content with letting games pass him by.

Until he develops the "losing is not an option" mentality and really doing everything necessary to win, I doubt he will ever reach the height people have predicted for him.

He did have a very poor game though but I am not overly concerned. We have at Chelsea the players available to utilize his genius. We'll have Luis bombing down the left hand side to overlap and aid Hazard where Belgium played the Center Back Vertonghen ! We have Fabregas picking out his runs where they have the oaf Fellaini, who even the United fans hate ! We have Matic to link the defense to the attack. We are miles ahead and it is no wonder you see a different Hazard with us, even though he also has poor games with us.

Sure, blame Hazard. He only needed 1 moment, still had 15 mins. We always pressure the oppnent in the last 10 mins. Absolute madness to bring that shit from Spurs

Blame him??? Im following him since age of 16 and i expected alot of him in this wc, truth is he never was there just like the 40+ games before this wc .

Dont get me wrong, im one of his biggest fans but he fails each time for belgium

Most of these player threads end up with the whole 'what have you done for me lately' approach. Hazard had a fantastic season with Chelsea, sure he didn't play to his ability at all during this WC but a LOT of players haven't either. Signing or even basing opinions on players based on a World Cup is dangerous and I think the media have a lot to do with it with their: 'if they don't do it in the WC or Champions League then they are not world class'. Regardless of the last few weeks of football I fully expect Eden Hazard to be dazzling at the Bridge and making full-backs fall on their arses.

I got my degree In a Belgian University that is top 100 in the world and in my field top 10. I teached University of California, Santa Barbara who is no 1 in the field evilutionary psychology. My field . Not that i need to tell you. Who are you now, mister big balls?

Did you realise you quoted yourself lol

Blame him??? Im following him since age of 16 and i expected alot of him in this wc, truth is he never was there just like the 40+ games before this wc .

Dont get me wrong, im one of his biggest fans but he fails each time for belgium

Without him we wouldn't have made it through the group. That's the point, he might "fail" as you call it for Belgium but he still delivers the assist or decisive dribble leading to a goal more often than not. Chadli is well, Chadli.