Eden Hazard

the wes

Most of his best work came through the middle. Brilliant pass in the first half that Vertongen wasted and he started off some decent moves.

6.5-7'ish out of 10 performance.

Yea, he couldn't do any impact from the wings till he stayed more central in extratime and swapped with KDB then he started impacting the game more.

Turning up for 20 mins out of the three games. He should be playing at his full potential the majority of the time!

Ffs, Belgium got into its second QF ever and they're bitching about Hazard. He didn't do bad at all. What do you want him to do? Score every goal himself? He's not the only guy with talent in this team, he just needs to be solid, which he was up till now.

I think he had a good match - same way I thought Kevin had even before ET started.

It's just because Hazard didn't dribble half-team to an assist or a goal some may be dismissing his display.

As I said by the end of the first half - or maybe even earlier - in the match thread, Belgium was playing much better this time, and Hazard was one of the many players that turned up.

Just because he didn't do some out-of-this-world sequence of dribbles, it doesn't mean he didn't play well. He does seem a little too quiet though. Not quiet as not taking part of the match, but keeping his head down, he doesn't seem to be smiling as much, I can't explain, he seems maybe a bit overwhelmed emotionally? It doesn't look he's having fun... if that's the case I feel for him.

Ffs, Belgium got into its second QF ever and they're bitching about Hazard. He didn't do bad at all. What do you want him to do? Score every goal himself? He's not the only guy with talent in this team, he just needs to be solid, which he was up till now.

I don't think that at all, but he should be the stand out player. He hasn't been in my book. I never said he has had a bad WC, but he hasn't lived up to his reputation.

I don't think that at all, but he should be the stand out player. He hasn't been in my book. I never said he has had a bad WC, but he hasn't lived up to his reputation.

He doesn't have to be THE stand out player. He has to keep winning. You know who wants to be the best player? Ronaldo. Hazard actually has teammates (as in, he sees that they're on the pitch).

He doesn't have to be THE stand out player. He has to keep winning. You know who wants to be the best player? Ronaldo. Hazard actually has teammates.

That isn't the story all the time with hin. Watch the second leg against AM?

I think if we stop looking at him as a future balon dor winner, we'd be much happier with his performances. He's great, but not on Neymar (for Brazil) level. Maybe he'll be as good as Robben some day but I think we should reduce or expectations of him.

I think if we stop looking at him as a future balon dor winner, we'd be much happier with his performances. He's great, but not on Neymar (for Brazil) level.

Neymar is not Hazard (for Chelsea) level and that's all that matters for us as Chelsea fans. His performances have been greatly overstated anyway, a couple of goals against a disspirited Cameroon, one of the worst teams in the tournament, but average against Chile and running into brick walls against Mexico. Unfortunately, he is pumped up to look better than he actually is thanks to the enormous marketing campaigns his camp does and his huge "political entourage" (to use a Mourinho term) that is bigger than even those of Ronaldo and Messi. Surely, the quality of players is measured mostly by what they do for their clubs, not how many goals they score in friendlies in the Brazil World Tour against teams like China and Panama.

The World Cup, at least the way I see it should be a crowning jewel for players who are looking to cement their legacy (Ronaldo de Lima / Messi) or players enhancing their reputation (James Rodriguez / Ozil and Muller in 2010).

Can Hazard win ballon d'or? Why not. He is already better than Zizou, Kaka and Ronaldinho were at his age when they won that award later in their careers. I'm not sure why you're discounting him from winning that award.

The question is whether he can win it at Chelsea, an English club. They didn't even give it Henry when he was clearly the best player in the world in his prime.

Neymar is not Hazard (for Chelsea) level and that's all that matters for us as Chelsea fans. His performances have been greatly overstated anyway, a couple of goals against a disspirited Cameroon, one of the worst teams in the tournament, but average against Chile and running into brick walls against Mexico. Unfortunately, he is pumped up to look better than he actually is thanks to the enormous marketing campaigns his camp does and his huge "political entourage" (to use a Mourinho term) that is bigger than even those of Ronaldo and Messi. Surely, the quality of players is measured mostly by what they do for their clubs, not how many goals they score in friendlies in the Brazil World Tour against teams like China and Panama.

The World Cup, at least the way I see it should be a crowning jewel for players who are looking to cement their legacy (Ronaldo de Lima / Messi) or players enhancing their reputation (James Rodriguez / Ozil and Muller in 2010).

Can Hazard win ballon d'or? Why not. He is already better than Zizou, Kaka and Ronaldinho were at his age when they won that award later in their careers. I'm not sure why you're discounting him from winning that award.

The question is whether he can win it at Chelsea, an English club. They didn't even give it Henry when he was clearly the best player in the world in his prime.

We'll cross the Balon Dor road when it comes. But Neymar has faced tougher opposition this World cup than Hazard. But Hazard should be in the 'enhance reputation' class right now.

Its pretty simple.

The tactics dont favor hazard and he is not their n1 option. Which is why kdb looks like belgium best player every game. At chelsea, the tactics favor him and allow him to be n1 option.

Wow, he's a totally different player in that Belgium squad. No speed, 1on1-challenging and other things which make him so great at Chelsea. Even though he hasn't had a great World Cup individually, I have no doubts that he will be back to himself as the season in England starts!