test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,840 posts in this topic

Spurs sold Bale for £80 million and replaced him with a load of crap .. liverpool did much the same selling Suarez .. I can see us doing similar

Comparing the succesful transfers of attacking players to the failures is enough to make you cry. We've seen an army of players come and go, Drogba and Hazard were the closest things to superstars in a Chelsea shirt. Just two players. Think about that.

Selling Hazard would be disastrous. I have good faith it won't come to that though.

Peace., zolayes and Amblève. like this

Reus and Isco or Bale> Hazard any day. They are not big game bottlers like the Belgian either and even in a bad season last year Bale still hit nearly 20 goals, he doesn't go 15 matches scoreless streak like Hazard atm.

DYC. likes this

Reus and Isco or Bale> Hazard any day. They are not big game bottlers like the Belgian either and even in a bad season last year Bale still hit nearly 20 goals, he doesn't go 15 matches scoreless streak like Hazard atm.

This season even Moses is better than him.

But Hazard of last season is better than those 3. Big game bottler? Maybe in the CL but in the EPL he scored against United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and killed City in that away game where we won 1-0. And even when he is on scoreless streak, he often is our best player.

Comparing the succesful transfers of attacking players to the failures is enough to make you cry. We've seen an army of players come and go, Drogba and Hazard were the closest things to superstars in a Chelsea shirt. Just two players. Think about that.

Selling Hazard would be disastrous. I have good faith it won't come to that though.

Personally, I prefer a fit Chelsea Arjen Robben to Eden Hazards any day. Always runs at defenders and not sideways, very quick counter attack,... etc

Personally, I prefer a fit Chelsea Arjen Robben to Eden Hazard anyway. Always run at defenders and not sideways, very quick counter attack,... etc

check their ages and if Robben is fit is quite a BIG IF

check their ages and if Robben is fit is quite a BIG IF

True.. I meant when Robben was at Chelsea. They were of comparable age too

Well maybe, just maybe Eden would score that amount of goals as well if Mou actually decided he wants his attacking players to be more concerned about attacking instead of defending

Weckerz likes this

To see Hazard only in terms of goals scored is really simplistic for that matter, he is providing far more than just goals and assists. Us Chelsea fans who see him weekly should know that more than anyone.

Besides, don't you think that Hazard's numbers in a team like Madrid which destroy opponents and often score 4+ goals would be much much higher? Bale is overrated as f***, he can run, he can score, but is near useless when spaces disappear, which is almost always the game plan of our opponents.

The same reasoning applies for belgians comparing KDB and Hazard. Yes KDB is far better at the moment but it's so much easier to perform the way he does in an attacking team that scores so many goals. Too many often forget the context in which a player evolves...

Finally, it's true that Eden is underperforming, but come on, he's been far from the abysses a lot a people here put him in. He should do better of course, because we all know his potential, but he has not been THAT BAD.

He's still one of the best at creating chances this season (http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/19/chelseas-eden-hazard-among-best-in-the-premier-league-at-creating-chances-stats-5447733/), in a appalling Chelsea side, and only lacks goals..

Essien19 likes this

True.. I meant when Robben was at Chelsea. They were of comparable age too

well if we travelling back in time ..i will have Charlie Cooke ,, Osgood ,, and Zola :blue scalf:

As if Reus would want to come here seeing Hazard leave to pursue attacking football

Quite shocked at the number of people turning their back on a player who's been instrumental for 3 years after a 2 month blip in form.

I'm not turning back on him - but Varane is what we need and Reus is nearly as good as Hazard. If he wants to leave all I'm saying is that it won't be the end of the world.

I'm not turning back on him - but Varane is what we need and Reus is nearly as good as Hazard

Varane+Reus for Hazard would be a great deal, I don't see it happening

edit: I don't think he'll leave fwiw

Varane+Reus for Hazard would be a great deal, I don't see it happening

edit: I don't think he'll leave fwiw350m

Well if we got Varane + £30m for Hazard (I make that circa £120m is overall) and then spend £50m and bag Reus I'd say overall it is a massive improvement to our total squad. If we then sold Fabregas and got, say, Gundogan or Isco or whoever, and replaced Ivanovic if Baba does not make the jump, I'd make us favourites for a treble season.

Hazard >>>>>>>> Robben at Chelsea

True, and that's because he isn't always injured. I remember a game against Newcastle. Robben dribbled everyone from our own half and went on to score. Hazard wouldn't even do that. He would have gone sideways you know, and get fouled in a non-dangerous area of the pitch.

A fit Robben was any day better IMO

Personally, I prefer a fit Chelsea Arjen Robben to Eden Hazards any day. Always runs at defenders and not sideways, very quick counter attack,... etc

Robben was good but he wasn't great imo. Massive potential but inconsistent. Didn't score or assist much. But he was fun to watch because of his lightning pace and mazy dribbles.

I don't understand how you could possibly prefer him over Hazard. His terrible fitness back then alone is enough to prefer Hazard.

Amblève. likes this

Well if we got Varane + £30m for Hazard (I make that circa £120m is overall) and then spend £50m and bag Reus I'd say overall it is a massive improvement to our total squad. If we then sold Fabregas and got, say, Gundogan or Isco or whoever, and replaced Ivanovic if Baba does not make the jump, I'd make us favourites for a treble season.

Well yea obviously, but I'm not living in a dreamworld. We're a great club and grew alot in stature but I don't get why so many think we can just snap our fingers and sign a couple of world class talents like Bale, Reus or Isco.

Add the mediacircus that would be circling Chelsea should Eden leave to a club/manager with an attacking philosophy.. not the ideal circumstance to attract quality attacking players.

DYC. likes this

True, and that's because he isn't always injured. I remember a game against Newcastle. Robben dribbled everyone from our own half and went on to score. Hazard wouldn't even do that. He would have gone sideways you know, and get fouled in a non-dangerous area of the pitch.

A fit Robben was any day better IMO

I remember once that Robben got a hard tackle, broke his shoulder or something like that. He seemed to be afraid after that when he came back. Jumping out and stopping the attack instead of riding the challenge - I partly blame it for the reason he chose to leave the premier league for the less aggressive Spanish league.

Well yea obviously, but I'm not living in a dreamworld. We're a great club and grew alot in stature but I don't get why so many think we can just snap our fingers and sign a couple of world class talents like Bale, Reus or Isco.

Add the mediacircus that would be circling Chelsea should Eden leave to a club/manager with an attacking philosophy.. not the ideal circumstance to attract quality attacking players.

Maybe. But when have we ever given a fuck about what the media say about us?

The best situation would be Reus being in form for us while Hazard struggles at RM, the fans turn on him and then we buy him back a year later for £50m :D

In all seriousness though, maybe we could use that to work in our favour. With Hazard out, maybe Reus would like the idea of being THE man at Chelsea, who makes it tick in midfield, etc etc

But if our team in 16/17 is

Courtois

Azpi Varane Zouma Baba

Kenedy Matic RLC Reus

Solanke Costa

(and all players like to their potential)

with a bench including players like Oscar, Willian, Terry (player/coach) etc etc then we will win many, many things