Eden Hazard

the wes

Can't believe I actually just saw this from an Arsenal fan on twitter:

Torres

Mata Hazard Hulk

Thats a lot of money and I still think that our front 4 is better.

Fucking LOL

He apparently wants that number, so I wouldn't be surprised. Impossible boots to fill, though.

I believe it was Jose who said 'judge him once he's left the club' about Drogba when he was getting criticism for being an expensive signing that wasn't doing so well at the time.

I think we should do the same with this kid, and I guarantee a lot of you who haven't watched him at all outside of youtube will be pleasantly surprised. This kid is scary good.

Torres

Mata Hazard Hulk

Fucking LOL

LMAOOOOOOOOO Arse fans, so Deluded. They're front 4 is shit compared to our new one

Torres

Mata Hazard Hulk

Fucking LOL

Who is in their front 4? Seriously? Does anyone even play for them outside of Van Persie? Isn't he leaving anyway? lol...

Who is in their front 4? Seriously? Does anyone even play for them outside of Van Persie? Isn't he leaving anyway? lol...

EXACTLY. Arse will be struggling 4th spot next season lol. RVP on his way out. Who do they have then? Podolski? Lol mediocre players

C'mon, silly!

They have the mighty Theo Walnut on the wing!

Good post! Exactly what I've been trying to do with all my posts in this thread... convincing everyone that the media made a very bad image(wrong!!) of him.

As you said indeed... Just take a look at the video... + the video of his last game against Nancy ( http://dai.ly/K4ogIK ). It's literally EVERYONE is saying goodbye and wishing him all the best for the future (opponents as well). It's actually a shame to say, but where in modern football does it happens that a player leaves and get a standing ovation or a clear thank you message from the fans? Unfortunately most of the time players who are leaving are booed off by the same fans that were thinking the world of them 2 weeks before!!

I'm afraid this is the modern day football fan + the fact that you don't have that many typical Club Icons anymore (like there used to be a lot in the '90). The money have ruined a lot!

But honestly I cannot think of a player that was recently given the say thank you and farewell exit than Hazard got at Lille in his final game. That simply tells he must have been in the heart of all of these fans! And in a few months time... maybe he can reach the same with us Chelsea fans!

He's very special... trust me! You will enjoy his game a lot... He's the kinda guy that makes you wanna see the game live... He's the guy that get's you out of your couch on a lazy football afternoon by doing amazing things on the pitch!

He has a lot to bring... and I'm very sure he will deliver it very shortly!!

Only think I hope... (with all this bullsh*t in the media last weeks) is that England fans will not Booe him off the pitch on saturday. I can imagine the City + United fans not really want to cheer him now.... But remember he's only 21 years old and a shy Belgian guy. When he gets yelled at by a packed stadium of 90.000 fans... this can have a serious impact on his progression in the first months. On the other hand... IF he will be cheered at... he will play like with wings... and the magic can already start this saturday!!

What about his on-pitch behavior?

He may or may not be the prick he's painted to be but he seemed to behave pretty well considering how awfully often he was fouled in the compilations I've seen. Would you describe him as a diver (Ashley Young), a drowner (Drogba), a diva (Ronaldo) or a baiter (Suarez)?

What about his on-pitch behavior?

He may or may not be the prick he's painted to be but he seemed to behave pretty well considering how awfully often he was fouled in the compilations I've seen. Would you describe him as a diver (Ashley Young), a drowner (Drogba), a diva (Ronaldo) or a baiter (Suarez)?

From what I've seen, he's seems really honest. Tries to stay on his feet when getting fouled. Cept in the penalty box of course.

Diver? Baiter? Diva... No no no... None of them all! He's a guy that gives his 110% every single second his on the pitch. And like I've posted before in this topic considering diving:

Let's put it this way... Eden will probably be lame and suffering a broken back because 28% of his game time he's running really fast with his face straight to the ground, his back in a 90° position... and his feet giving everything in order for him not to fall!

Like this: article-0-134CA0A5000005DC-550_468x340.jpg

Unless he is in the box though. He likes to smell the grass there B)

As it comes to his on pitch behaviour (also already in this topic):

The thing I like the most about him and that also tells a lot about his character on the pitch:

Hazard has 160 offical appearances so far in which he only took 16 yellow cards!! Knowing he's been Europe's most fauled on player... this tells a lot about his mentality and composure on the pitch! Nothing like 90 minutes of complaining every time you get of push or something doesn't go well like CR7... but keeping his cool and continuing his own game and let the opposition take the cards... reminds you of someone? That's right... Lionel Messi :)!!

Just a reacton that specific video. I could be wrong and I hope I am but once again that specific video, which one poster was very impressed by, didn't show much of this supposed world class player. Players like Sessengon who are decent players put in similar performances week in week out and I wouldn't pay 32m for him or close to it.

Let's compare Sessegnon's career to Hazard's shall we.

Sessegnon made his debut for US Créteil( a Ligue 2 team) at the age of 20. Sessegnon left 2 years later to go to Le Mans UC (a ligue 1 mid table team) 22 at that time. Stayed there for 2 years then left to go to Paris Saint Germain (a ligue 1 top team). 24 y old. Stayed there for 2,5 years then left to go to Sunderland. 26 y old. So far he has played 1,5 years for Sunderland. 27y old soon to be 28.

Hazard made his debut for Lille (a subtop Ligue 1 club) at the age of 16. In the 2008-2009 season he was made a starter for Lille (17y old at that time). That season he was voted best young player of the year(18 y old) . In the 2009-2010 season he was again a starter and won the best young player of the year award again (19y old).(first player to win it twice) In the 2010-2011 he became champions and cup winners with Lille and was voted best player of the year (20y old).(youngest player to ever win it) In the 2011-2012 season a lot of players from Lille's champion team left(Cabaye, Gervinho, Rami, Sow). Hazard stayed and practically on his own (20 goals, 15 assists -> 50% of all Lille goals) put Lille on a third spot granting them CL football and won the player of the year award for the second time.

To even put Sessegnon and Hazard in the same sentence is ridiculous.

The only thing i tried to show with that compilation was his bursts of pace, a couple of nice runs and the fact that he's already used to being fouled a lot.

EXACTLY. Arse will be struggling 4th spot next season lol. RVP on his way out. Who do they have then? Podolski? Lol mediocre players

Podolski is world class imo still reckon he will end up moving from Arsenal in 2 or 3 seasons.. probably to City...

*snipped*

Cheers for that!

I'm glad he's likely to be as honest as he is talented but I will naturally hold some reservations until I see him since gifted dribblers who do not embarrass anyone watching football are a rare compliment to the sport and mostly to the clubs that brought them up (Royal Stade Brainois, Tubize, Lille).

As his being a proper man on the pitch being discussed before, you'll have to pardon my missing that but I only started seriously reading the thread after the signs that he was joining us became clear, I have hardly enough time for the threads concerning the clubs future so I generally skip the transfer topics altogether.

The statistic concerning his yellow cards is very interesting but while your point on composure does seem correct it (the stat) still is open to numerous different interpretations. The obvious one and harder to argue would be that his fouling is generally clean. Some more advanced depend on how Lille played and the instructions he was given by the coach. For example in the case of pressing football and/or counter attacks he may have been required to commit cynical fouls or fouls higher up the pitch and a possible failure of doing so may make a cunt like Suarez preferable for that specific scenario.

Podolski is world class imo still reckon he will end up moving from Arsenal in 2 or 3 seasons.. probably to City...

Hasn't proved himself at club level. Had a decent season last season, that was it. Couldn't hack it at Bayern Munich either.