David Luiz

the wes

If it was a Chelsea player that would have kicked a United player and the United player fell down because of it and laughed because it was a stupid foul (like what happened today). I would be angry at the Chelsea player for doing that, not the United player for laughing at the stupidity

For me it's not mutually exclusive - Rafael's foul doesn't dignify what Luiz did or vice versa.

No need to take sides, I would be angry with both of them.

Seems to be people don't mind if he goes down and pretends to be hurt, but laughing at the fans who are barracking him is wrong?

Did he break the suspension of disbelief? Do we need him to commit more to the role of 'injured player' when he playacts?

Players milk bad tackles all the time. They feign injury in order to draw attention to things that would otherwise have been missed. His actions in this case didn't actually have any effect in my opinion because Rafael kicked him right in front of the assistant ref.

All he's done is make Chelsea fans love him even more and given opposing fans a spurious reason to dislike him. Big fucking deal.

What's the big fuss all about? It's football, we 'support' and 'follow' faraway situated millionaires' playthings and pretend that other millionaires kicking a bag of air around for 90 minutes actually matters enough for us to continue shelling out good money on watching them do that. In the course of that we build up rivalries with other misguided fools and get involved in the whole 'my dick is bigger than yours' debate. It's tribalism, we're all hypocrites; we choose to become that when we choose to follow a franchisee. Chill out, none of it really matters. Plus, it was fucking funny.

Love you geezer.

There was absolutely no need for that, so immature and unnecessary, IMHO.

And for those who defend him: can you do a simple mental exercise and pretend for a minute it was a Man United player who went down and then started laughing? Would you still think it was OK?

And if that doesn't help pretend it was a Liverpool player :-)

I'm not saying there shouldn't have been a red card, that's a different issue altogether.

FACT 1: Luiz's blatant smirk - to me- was the highlight in an otherwise bloodless game (besides the goal that is). Come on, you just got to love Man U get f***ed in their own stadium.

Loved the sideshow-Bob analogy btw, it's been on repeat since yesterday :D

FACT2: Modern day football players get payed to a) go down and B) inflict cards on their opponents by exaggerating the gravity of the opponent's faul. This is called manipulating

the face of a game with intelligence and personality and is an aspect of the game that shouldn't be underestimated or criticised! Overacting is embedded in the game; hell,

everyone does it without fans even realizing it. So excuse me, but blaming Luiz for this flash of honesty (in losing his mask) is having the wrong priorities, dude. There are no ethics when it comes

to toying with your opponents. We should be proud of him, if anything, to know that he's talented and skilled enough to pull something off like this. The faul was made and was a 100%

red card. It has happened to us as well.

FACT 3: Being a Chelsea fan you should stick with your team through thick and through thin. HE didn't take red, right? :blue scalf:

Seems to be people don't mind if he goes down and pretends to be hurt, but laughing at the fans who are barracking him is wrong?

Did he break the suspension of disbelief? Do we need him to commit more to the role of 'injured player' when he playacts?

Players milk bad tackles all the time. They feign injury in order to draw attention to things that would otherwise have been missed. His actions in this case didn't actually have any effect in my opinion because Rafael kicked him right in front of the assistant ref.

All he's done is make Chelsea fans love him even more and given opposing fans a spurious reason to dislike him. Big fucking deal.

Or how about both of them are removed entirely?

When it happened in game I was laughing along with him. As I see all the video clips and memes (especially those with Sideshow bob) I'm still laughing, longer and harder. I saw nothing wrong with him laughing. As usual others would see a mountain instead of a mole hill - that's life :rolleyes: .Raphael should not have kicked him in the first place but Luiz obviously got to him. Also, other players have been doing this sort of thing whole season (not even going to mention the habits of other teams) with all the not so secret winks and high fives. Luiz is always used as a scapegoat (justified or not) for this club so he should be accustomed to the media "outrage" and I wouldn't be surprised if he apologies for it.

Luiz had a good game driving Chelsea from the back but he did have one bad moment with Rafael - not the corner flag incident everyone's talking about - but the moment when Rafael cut inside and Luiz went walk-about leaving Ivanovic alone in defence. thankfully, Rafael's cross was deflected behind. Ivanovic was pissed off at that point but that's one area where Luiz can work on - Positioning

rxKoIN1.png

If our new manager is Mourinho, he'll definitely make Luiz a more solid defender.

I'm just glad Luiz is starting to prove his critics wrong with some solid and consistent displays. He does have the occasional brain fail...but all in all, he should be a key player for Chelsea over the next decade.

What's the big fuss all about? It's football, we 'support' and 'follow' faraway situated millionaires' playthings and pretend that other millionaires kicking a bag of air around for 90 minutes actually matters enough for us to continue shelling out good money on watching them do that. In the course of that we build up rivalries with other misguided fools and get involved in the whole 'my dick is bigger than yours' debate. It's tribalism, we're all hypocrites; we choose to become that when we choose to follow a franchisee. Chill out, none of it really matters. Plus, it was fucking funny.

Love you geezer.

This Meme and Troll business are taking things too far. Few years ago, nobody would ridicule a player for fluffing a penalty but poor Sergio Ramos last year was the butt of a ridiculous number of jokes.

The media will milk any small incident because for the first 75-80 mins the game was dead and this one incident is suddenly elevated to "big-controversy" status

FACT 1: Luiz's blatant smirk - to me- was the highlight in an otherwise bloodless game (besides the goal that is). Come on, you just got to love Man U get f***ed in their own stadium.

FACT2: Modern day football players get payed to a) go down and B) inflict cards on their opponents by exaggerating the gravity of the opponent's faul. This is called manipulating

the face of a game with intelligence and personality and is an aspect of the game that shouldn't be underestimated or criticised! Overacting is embedded in the game; hell,

everyone does it without fans even realizing it. So excuse me, but blaming Luiz for this flash of honesty (in losing his mask) is having the wrong priorities, dude. There are no ethics when it comes

to toying with your opponents. We should be proud of him, if anything, to know that he's talented and skilled enough to pull something off like this. The faul was made and was a 100%

FACT 3: Being a Chelsea fan you should stick with your team through thick and through thin. HE didn't take red, right? :blue scalf:

There is no need to get personal when someone's opinion differs from yours.

So please don't call me "dude" and don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do as Chelsea fan.

The rest is your opinion which I respect but won't waste my time responding to.

great... since we have come to the point where "there are no ethics when it comes to toying with your oppnent" from the next match all chelsea players should dive, playact and whatmore if they feel like it, just have a bite or 2 of the other team

There is no need to get personal when someone's opinion differs from yours.

So please don't call me "dude" and don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do as Chelsea fan.

The rest is your opinion which I respect but won't waste my time responding to.

In re-reading my reply I realise how it must have come across: apologies, didn't mean to 'get personal' or to tell you what you should do. Didn't mean to sound pedantic.

Cheerio,

Luiz had a good game driving Chelsea from the back but he did have one bad moment with Rafael - not the corner flag incident everyone's talking about - but the moment when Rafael cut inside and Luiz went walk-about leaving Ivanovic alone in defence. thankfully, Rafael's cross was deflected behind. Ivanovic was pissed off at that point but that's one area where Luiz can work on - Positioning

Pretty good point. His "Positioning" skills aren't the best. The other thing that i noticed was that if a player beats him, lets say in the middle of the park, there is no urgency by him to get back and fill up the hole left by him. I remember an incident where he was left hanging by some player yesterday while he was on a run with the ball. He lost the ball but was pretty casual about it. I expected him to rush back but he wasn't. Moses had to fill in the spot and i was shitting myself that this will lead to goal. Somehow, Utd fluffed their chance and we were safe but these are the minor things that i hope he works on and he will on par with the likes of Thiago Silva and we will have ourselves a beast of a CB.

To me, the moment david luiz screamed at webb changed the game in our favor. Next thing webb started making the proper descisions and rooneys claim for a foul is ignored and we score and rafael gets rightly sent off.

Reminded me of drogba's spirit :clap:

In re-reading my reply I realise how it must have come across: apologies, didn't mean to 'get personal' or to tell you what you should do. Didn't mean to sound pedantic.

Cheerio,

No worries :-). And thanks for your apology, I appreciate it.

I made my opinion about the Luiz-Rafael incident clear in the match thread, but a few points about somethings people are using to defend Luiz:

- Luiz's reaction has nothing to whether or not it was a red card. The red card is besides the point.

- I don't care if other players do it, we don't want to see our players 'acting' because it's unsportsmanlike and because the club really does not need the bad publicity.

- For those saying that he was not simulating, it's not about the smile, it's about holding his ankle when he clearly isn't hurt and staying on the floor to get Rafael sent off (which he deserved anyway).

It's really a shame that we have to discuss such incident after a very good win and a massive 3 points..

On his actual football performance, I think David is a little tired because he started the game a little on the wrong foot and had a couple of dodgy moments in the first 20 mins but he got better as the game went on and had an excellent second half.