Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

Haha the Barcelona fans are so funny. They're saying that Guardiola gave it up on purpose because he knew that Real are going to win the league anyway, so he focused on the game against Chelsea. :D I wonder what's next. Maybe the aliens will be responsible if they don't get through.

Another thing: we need to be more careful with the freekicks we're going to get on Tuesday. They are really bad when it comes to defending in this kind of situations.

Barca fans may have had a point, IF Guardiola actually started second team players today. He did not, he went with his regular starters that we saw in the first leg against us, and that we will see in the second leg. These players will have played ~190 minutes of football within the last 6 days prior to the second leg.

RDM meanwhile DID "go easy" in our match vs Arsenal (and still got the draw!). He rested 8 out of our 10 outfield players who are expected to go in the second leg.

That is a HUGE advantage to our players, easily levelling the home turf advantage in my view.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamford Bridge field dimensions :

103 x 67 metres (112.6 x 73.3 yards)

Camp Nou field dimensions:

105 × 68 m (115 × 74 yards)

Yes it's not much bigger is it, the Bernabeu is a big pitch, Camp Nou just a touch bigger than what we're used to.

I don't know, I just have a feeling that we're going to leave this game thinking "Again the ref fucks us over", but then I have another feeling that will say "We fucking did it".

Team picks itself I think, It should be

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Cole

Lampard - Mikel - Raul - Rambo

Mata

Drogba

Barca will push forward more, So Mata will be more in this game. Even if we go 2-0 down, which is unlikely, We just have to score 1 to go back ahead in the tie.

COME ON CHELSEA

-------------Cech-----------

Iva-----Cahill---Terry-----Cole

Mata-Raul-Mikel-Lamps-Ram

-------------------------------

--------------------------------

------------Drogba-----------

:Goober:

I would go for Bertrand instead of Meireles (LM) with Ramires on the Right and Mata down the middle. He can cover Daniel Alves' forward runs so that there isn't a 2v1 on the left side and also the way he played yesterday i think he can run up and down the left flank all week. Otherwise, pretty much the same 11

Barca struggled big time today against a Real side that played the same way we did. Possession was like our game, 70-30 ish and yeah, Barca created some chances but never really looked comfortable. I don't know if this is in our favour or not tho as Barca won't want to slip up in 3 consecutive games but we'll certainly get a boost if Robbie and the lads sit down and watch that game. We need to play the exact same way and do the same job Real did today then we might sense some very unlikely glory.

I guess we created a blue print one how to play them.

Stamford Bridge Pitch: 103 X 67 meters

Camp Nou Pitch: 105 X 68 meters.

Yeah thats ALOT!!!

Too much is being made of the pitch size. It doesnt matter how big it is, what matters is how you use it. :ph34r:

It is significant because you will give more space for the ball to go through.

Imo In order for us to go through two things must happen, barca must be as wasteful as they did against us and Madrid and we must take our chances.

So Glad Madrid beat Farca! Thank god. Mourinho deserved that win. Also sorry to go a bit off topic but I find it amusing that CR7 scored the winner and no one is making a big deal but If Messi scored everyone would talk about how he's the best...Typical. Anyway after the loss hopefully they are tired and deflated. We are nice and rested. Let's do this. Predciting us to pull of a major upset, 2-1

I would go for Bertrand instead of Meireles (LM) with Ramires on the Right and Mata down the middle. He can cover Daniel Alves' forward runs so that there isn't a 2v1 on the left side and also the way he played yesterday i think he can run up and down the left flank all week. Otherwise, pretty much the same 11

I would stick with the same players we had in the first leg, as they played the entire match as a cohesive unit. That said, Bertrand was so stellar against Arsenal that it would be hard to exclude him from the squad. Tough choice for RDM no doubt, but in the end it is better to have options than not.

Barcelona FC has issued a worrying statement about their talisman Lionel Messi, as he wasn't present at training or El Classico against Real Madrid. Various reports state that Messi was last seen in West London alongside, what eye witnesses state to be a a man from South Yorkshire.

Barcelona FC has issued a worrying statement about their talisman Lionel Messi, as he wasn't present at training or El Classico against Real Madrid. Various reports state that Messi was last seen in West London alongside, what eye witnesses state to be a a man from South Yorkshire.

I'd wait till the end of the second leg to start cracking the Messi jokes

I would stick with the same players we had in the first leg, as they played the entire match as a cohesive unit. That said, Bertrand was so stellar against Arsenal that it would be hard to exclude him from the squad. Tough choice for RDM no doubt, but in the end it is better to have options than not.

I am sure Bertrand will be sent on if Dani Alves is getting space on the right. This is better. more flexibility in case of tiredness and tactical changes

I'd wait till the end of the second leg to start cracking the Messi jokes

Fuck that. He didn't show up against Chelsea and did worse against Real Madrid. People on TC always get stuck into Chelsea players after one bad game, so why the hell can't I make fun of Messi after two bad games?

Fuck that. He didn't show up against Chelsea and did worse against Real Madrid. People on TC always get stuck into Chelsea players after one bad game, so why the hell can't I make fun of Messi after two bad games?

Because it wouldn't be a suprise if he scored a hattrick on Tuesday.

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Mikel-Lampard

Ramires-Kalou-Bosingwa

Drogba.

That'll do them. Bosingwa to be used like how Chivu was by Inter in 2010.

Chivu is actually decent defensivly though, and Rambo did an excellent job in that role on Wednesday. Also I don't hate Kalou, like the majority of people on here, But I'd still rather Mata.

For some reason I hav this feeling we have clinched it but sadly no. Barca will score only hope we can too, and hopin that the stat of

11v11= chelsea win/draw. No reds please guys!!

Chech

Iva-Cahill-JT-Cole

Bertrand-Mikel lamps-Rambo

Mata

Drogba

Chivu is actually decent defensivly though, and Rambo did an excellent job in that role on Wednesday. Also I don't hate Kalou, like the majority of people on here, But I'd still rather Mata.

To what end? We're not looking to attack. This is about sending out the most defensive side possible, right? Also Mata can't create much when we have 25% possession...

Alternatively to Bosingwa, we could try Bertrand on the left wing. But Bertrand would never have played in an occasion like this, in front of 90,000 passionate Barcelona fans. I think he'd be a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights.

To what end? We're not looking to attack. This is about sending out the most defensive side possible, right? Also Mata can't create much when we have 25% possession...

Alternatively to Bosingwa, we could try Bertrand on the left wing. But Bertrand would never have played in an occasion like this, in front of 90,000 passionate Barcelona fans. I think he'd be a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights.

It's more like 10,000. The Camp Nou is incredible but some of the fans can be like Manchester United's. Most nights it can sound rather dead. Far too much focus on the prawn sandwhiches.