Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

• 2 weeks later...

Comes to show, you can have all the ability and potential in the world and yet you can't get anywhere without proper attitude.

I have seen this so often with young promising golfers...but what you say is true in all sports and indeed in education and life in general

Chelsea midfielder Gael Kakuta is in hot water at loan club Vitesse after turning up late for the third time this season.

The 21-year-old joined the Dutch side on a season-long loan on transfer deadline day but is yet to make his debut in Holland.

He was in line for his Vitesse bow at the weekend, when they travelled to NAC Breda for an Eredivisie clash, because of an injury to Renato Ibarra.

But manager Fred Rutten was forced to dump Kakuta from his squad after the Frenchman, who has already turned up late for training twice this season, failed to report at the correct departure time for Breda.

"Normally I'm OK about these things and would just warn him again," Rutten told De Telegraaf.

"But this was his third time already. That is not smart of him. I've warned him before and this time I left him at home."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting to have less sympathy now after things like this. Previously thought he was unlucky with injuries and poor management, but only so many excuses. If he put the effort in and grounded his talent he could still quite easily be in this Chelsea squad in the coming seasons. Still reckon he'll be quality some time in the future, but not for Chelsea.

Say what you want about Ballotelli, but when he puts his mind to it and has the right attitude on the pitch, he's a world-class striker.

I was expecting an answer like that. But fact remains, Balotelli doesnt have a good attitude, and still it got him to where he is. Zlatan is another example, just not as extreme. I just reacted to what you said about not having the "right" attitude wont get u anywhere. Its just not true.

I was expecting an answer like that. But fact remains, Balotelli doesnt have a good attitude, and still it got him to where he is. Zlatan is another example, just not as extreme. I just reacted to what you said about not having the "right" attitude wont get u anywhere. Its just not true.

Well that depends on what you mean by 'right'. When I said right attitude, I didn't mean he should be a good person or a nice guy. Both obviously have the dedication and discipline at least in training or they won't be at this level. Being a football professional take hours of hard training every day for years as well as special diets and a very difficult life style. More over Zlatan always (and Ballotelli sometimes) put 100% on the pitch.

What a waste. Shit attitude. Look at what Oscar has done with his talent, or someone like Cristiano Ronaldo. One of them is the best player in the world (arguably) and the other has the potential to be an absolute superstar, because of their incredible mindsets. Kakuta, on the other hand, is so laissez-faire its incredible. What an absolute waste of potential.

and we were told it was all Yossi's fault

How do u explain Balotelli?

So Balotelli doesn't work hard? Just because he has a couple personal attitude problems doesn't mean he he doesn't work hard when it comes to his professional footballing life, something Gael clearly didn't do. I agree. What a waste.

Chelsea midfielder Gael Kakuta is in hot water at loan club Vitesse after turning up late for the third time this season.

The 21-year-old joined the Dutch side on a season-long loan on transfer deadline day but is yet to make his debut in Holland.

He was in line for his Vitesse bow at the weekend, when they travelled to NAC Breda for an Eredivisie clash, because of an injury to Renato Ibarra.

But manager Fred Rutten was forced to dump Kakuta from his squad after the Frenchman, who has already turned up late for training twice this season, failed to report at the correct departure time for Breda.

"Normally I'm OK about these things and would just warn him again," Rutten told De Telegraaf.

"But this was his third time already. That is not smart of him. I've warned him before and this time I left him at home."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting to have less sympathy now after things like this. Previously thought he was unlucky with injuries and poor management, but only so many excuses. If he put the effort in and grounded his talent he could still quite easily be in this Chelsea squad in the coming seasons. Still reckon he'll be quality some time in the future, but not for Chelsea.

Basically confirms what Seb was saying all along regarding his attitude..

What a waste. Shit attitude. Look at what Oscar has done with his talent

TBF Oscar was playing first team ball for both Sao Paulo & Internacional. Kakuta didn't get as many chances as Oscar did to mature at an early age. He said something like this in his time w/ Dijon. I counted 29 first team appearances in three years, w/ Oscar getting 47. There is a big difference there.

TBF Oscar was playing first team ball for both Sao Paulo & Internacional. Kakuta didn't get as many chances as Oscar did to mature at an early age. He said something like this in his time w/ Dijon. I counted 29 first team appearances in three years, w/ Oscar getting 47. There is a big difference there.

why do you think a number of managers wouldnt use him?? Attitude ??