John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England captain John Terry was involved in a bust-up in the tunnel after Chelsea’s controversial defeat at QPR.

The Blues skipper and two team-mates clashed with Rangers players as they returned to the dressing room at the end of the game, which QPR won 1-0.

And police have revealed they are ­investigating an allegation that Terry hurled racist abuse at Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand. Police became involved when a member of the public complained.

Scotland Yard said: “We can confirm police have been notified of an incident on Sunday October 23 involving alleged racial abuse. This is currently being assessed by officers from Hammersmith and Fulham.”

Fans accused England skipper Terry of calling Ferdinand a “f****** black c***”.

Terry categorically denies doing so and insisted he was trying to clarify to Ferdinand he had not used those words.

QPR officials will meet Ferdinand on Tuesday before deciding whether to make a formal complaint to the Football Association.

Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole were understood to have confronted Rangers players including midfielder Shaun Derry and keeper Paddy Kenny as tempers boiled over.

The tunnel fracas followed a fiery encounter which saw ­Chelsea’s Jose Bosingwa and Didier Drogba sent off and the visitors shown seven yellow cards.

It was unclear whether referee Chris Foy was aware of the incident and whether he will be including it in his report.

In a statement on Sunday night, Terry claimed: “He (Ferdinand) has not accused me of any wrongful remark.”

starting to get on old already people who have seen the video know he never said that.,

i can see us getting a fine for all the bookings Avb getting a fine for his post match Terry getting a fine for nothing thats the Fa for ya and maybe Lamps and Ash if this story is true

only good thing about the end of the game is that Torres is back now for us

The press appear to be having a field day with a storm created by disgruntled internet warriors (probably Liverpool or Manchester United fans in a move to take the heat of their own clubs). Looks like it's going to be open season on Terry again. The media really are utter scum! Hope he sues whoever's responsible till the pips squeak.

heard that turd Steve (can I lick your arse please Sir Alex) Curry on Talk sports ... had to swich off or I would have smashed my radio...

He was about to list all the things JT had done wrong ,,,,,guess 6 1 is hurting the manure fans real bad

Knew that would happen..its a load of crap.If guitly then yeah slate and all until then shut the fuck up! Yes he's done things in the past but he aint the only one!

I guess they have a moment on vid to look at rather then 'he said this' sorta thing happening with the other incicent but even then its hard to tell watching it!And thats not from a bias view thats from a normal view....funny how nout was mentioned till the vid came around but surley if it was said it'd been reported sooner..I duno..

So if Terry is going to be hung and quartered where is the uproar over the chipmunk up the road wearing red? Both are cases of he said/he said and yet the media have already found Terry guilty while the Evra/Suarez issue seems to be swept under the rug.

My daughter has watched football since she was little. Before she really knew any better her favorite NT was and still is England even though we're Americans. Whenever she watches/hears Terry getting boo'ed she always asks "he plays for England, why do they hate him so much?" I really don't get it either.

Terry may have some monogamy issues but I've never ever heard a comment or inkling that he's a racist. He's played with Ashley Cole, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Mikel, Ramires, and how many others for how long? Chelsea may be one of the most racially diverse PL teams out there. Wouldn't the media in their previous witchhunts of Terry have found that before?

Who knew the QPR game would be so damn dramatic on and off the pitch.

So if Terry is going to be hung and quartered where is the uproar over the chipmunk up the road wearing red? Both are cases of he said/he said and yet the media have already found Terry guilty while the Evra/Suarez issue seems to be swept under the rug.

My daughter has watched football since she was little. Before she really knew any better her favorite NT was and still is England even though we're Americans. Whenever she watches/hears Terry getting boo'ed she always asks "he plays for England, why do they hate him so much?" I really don't get it either.

Terry may have some monogamy issues but I've never ever heard a comment or inkling that he's a racist. He's played with Ashley Cole, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Mikel, Ramires, and how many others for how long? Chelsea may be one of the most racially diverse PL teams out there. Wouldn't the media in their previous witchhunts of Terry have found that before?

Who knew the QPR game would be so damn dramatic on and off the pitch.

And why hasnt Anton said anything?JT has come out and defended himself but it isnt like a statements been made by Anton himself stating what happened mean with the Suraez do dah you had both sides..this time however its all QPR talk....something doesnt fit and agree his team mates from diff cultures for christ sake......but guess that isnt being looked at all is being focused on is the vid and the fact he's England Captain and should get that taken yada yada..and that was before any furthur development had happened

What a load of utter crap....

So what happens to Luis Suarez? In that incident Evra has officially complained, and yet nothing happens,everything goes under the carpet..Here, the clowns all jump on the word of some armchair lipreaders...

Well, Terry and AVB claimed the issue was over because Terry and Ferdinand had a chat after the match. That doesn't jibe with the fact that the FA has opened an investigation with QPR's request. Either Ferdinand didn't agree about the chat and requested an inquiry OR QPR and/or the FA are going ahead with the investigation despite Ferdinand's non-cooperation.

This is serious stuff. I'd like to think Terry would not racially abuse someone. Obviously because I wouldn't want to support a player of questionable racial sensitivity. But even if he and I disagreed on the subject matter, I'd like to think he's not stupid enough to spout racial nonsense in a PL match under white hot glare. Please tell me players nowadays know better?

In any case aside from the thorny morality issues, this is going to hang over the club until a resolution is reached. Fail to get a result against Arsenal and it will be a very slippery slope.