John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

Ferdinand breaks silence, doesn't confirm or deny slur

He didn't deny it, so he probably thinks Terry said it.

He said that he didnt hear anything but after watching the Youtube video he said he was shocked and now thinks may be he was wrong to say he didnt hear anything.

I cant beleive JT would be hanged on the evidence of everyones attempt to lipread what he said. "Black, Blind, Bellend, Back, Bag, Brat," could be any of these....

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely pathetic, talk about scraping the barrel. Anything to try and drag Terry's name through the mud a little more. Wish they would just settle this anyone that's not a Terry fan will try and keep this going as long as possible as it's more bad publicity for him.

Talk about making a moutain out of a mole hill.

I support JT 100%.

I know this may sounds a bit, like I'm not standing my our players.

But if he is found guilty, and I don't believe Anton Ferdinand is trying to purposely take out John Terry because of a person vendetta, then I would expect he gets kicked out the game. It may sound incredibly harsh, but racism has been a hidden issue in football for a long time. Though I hate to say it, and I know he may not have meant it in a racist way, they should use this case to set the standard & follow through with Luis Suarez.

Say No To Racism.

So Ferdidand has come out and said''I'm sitting on the fence''. Brilliant

Thing is with this, some of it will stick even if hes exonerated. Bet you find fucking red supporting journos are promoting the whole fucking thing.

But if he is found guilty, and I don't believe Anton Ferdinand is trying to purposely take out John Terry because of a person vendetta, then I would expect he gets kicked out the game. It may sound incredibly harsh, but racism has been a hidden issue in football for a long time. Though I hate to say it, and I know he may not have meant it in a racist way, they should use this case to set the standard & follow through with Luis Suarez.

Say No To Racism.

Not that I'm supporting racism in anyway because I am totally against but I think that is incredibly harsh. We have sex offenders & violent thugs which is just as bad if not worse than racism, that have served time in jail & have still come back into the game & playing at the top levels.

Say No To Racism.

that is MORE than harsh that is savage...what punishments do you suggest for theft ,,,deportation or hands cut off?

Say No To Racism.

So what happens if someone is called "A queer cunt", do they get kicked out of the game for that to?? or an "ugly cunt" or "hairy cunt", the person receiving the taunt may find that just as offensive...if you kick someone out of the game for saying something then you are setting a precedent...I can't see how that would be legal either....the player could then sue all sorts of organisations if banned for life.....

Not that I'm supporting racism in anyway because I am totally against but I think that is incredibly harsh. We have sex offenders & violent thugs which is just as bad if not worse than racism, that have served time in jail & have still come back into the game & playing at the top levels.

Very true, that in itself is a scary picture. Relates to Barton's quote.. "Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs" (pretty ironic considering who said it.) I believe in 2nd chances and all, but racism is a real problem in football, amongst supporters & players alike. Actions need to speak louder than words. Having the "say no" campaign is all well and good, but actions have to be seen.

Both Suarez & Terry (if proven guilty) must receive equal punishments.

that is MORE than harsh that is savage...what punishments do you suggest for theft ,,,deportation or hands cut off?

Nope. That's a completely different situation, keep it in context.

So what happens if someone is called "A queer cunt", do they get kicked out of the game for that to?? or an "ugly cunt" or "hairy cunt", the person receiving the taunt may find that just as offensive...if you kick someone out of the game for saying something then you are setting a precedent...I can't see how that would be legal either....the player could then sue all sorts of organisations if banned for life.....

Imo, your examples are too diverse.

I simply point out the hidden life of racism in the game, that needs to be dealt with in an example-standard. Though your first example, remember how homophobia almost ruined Le Saux's career? There's some food for thought there.

Very true, that in itself is a scary picture. Relates to Barton's quote.. "Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs" (pretty ironic considering who said it.) I believe in 2nd chances and all, but racism is a real problem in football, amongst supporters & players alike. Actions need to speak louder than words. Having the "say no" campaign is all well and good, but actions have to be seen.

Both Suarez & Terry (if proven guilty) must receive equal punishments.

Exactly, it seems that footballers are above the law, they are given a second chance because they are footballers. That wouldn't happen in the real world.

We will find out just how fair the FA is with the Suarez & Terry cases.

I simply point out the hidden life of racism in the game, that needs to be dealt with in an example-standard. Though your first example, remember how homophobia almost ruined Le Saux's career? There's some food for thought there.

do you really advocate a LIFE BAN for 3 words said in the heat of the moment????

Indeed. Racism does need to be stamped out -but would you equate homophobia ? ie Calling a player a faggot or bender, should they be thrown out the game ?

Not having a go, but it comes to something when not one Premier league, or any league player come to that, is comfortable in coming out and saying he's gay.

I can't see how you will ever 100% eliminate racism or homophobia in football, while it still exists in society. I also do not think that the FA are up to the job of handling it either.......the more I read quotes from Paul Elliott(an ex black Chelsea player), the more I think he should be handed a senior position in the FA on this issue(if he does not have one already)...

Exactly, it seems that footballers are above the law, they are given a second chance because they are footballers. That wouldn't happen in the real world.

We will find out just how fair the FA is with the Suarez & Terry cases.

For sure! There's no way they can be unequal in these cases. If anything the Evra-Suarez one must be more clear, looking at Evra's reaction (when it happened) alone tells us a thousand words of what could've been said. The Terry one only comes from an interpreted video, which is still unclear.

do you really advocate a LIFE BAN for 3 words said in the heat of the moment????

That's true. Perhaps a life-long ban is a lot, in hindsight. A lengthy ban though, must be held.

Indeed. Racism does need to be stamped out -but would you equate homophobia ? ie Calling a player a faggot or bender, should they be thrown out the game ?

Not having a go, but it comes to something when not one Premier league, or any league player come to that, is comfortable in coming out and saying he's gay.

That's a good point too. Football is a very, very, harsh environment. But a homosexual person only needs to take one look at how race is targeted in the game sometimes & it's no wonder they don't feel comfortable.

I can't see how you will ever 100% eliminate racism or homophobia in football, while it still exists in society. I also do not think that the FA are up to the job of handling it either.......the more I read quotes from Paul Elliott(an ex black Chelsea player), the more I think he should be handed a senior position in the FA on this issue(if he does not have one already)...

Too true.

The FA are never impartial. A separate committee, independent of the FA & PFA must be set up for cases like this.

For sure! There's no way they can be unequal in these cases. If anything the Evra-Suarez one must be more clear, looking at Evra's reaction (when it happened) alone tells us a thousand words of what could've been said. The Terry one only comes from an interpreted video, which is still unclear.

That's true. Perhaps a life-long ban is a lot, in hindsight. A lengthy ban though, must be held.

That's a good point too. Football is a very, very, harsh environment. But a homosexual person only needs to take one look at how race is targeted in the game sometimes & it's no wonder they don't feel comfortable.

Too true.

The FA are never impartial. A separate committee, independent of the FA & PFA must be set up for cases like this.

Paul Eliiott should head this up, a real intelligent man who has had terrible first hand experience of racism (Celtic and Italy).....plus he nevers appears bitter, both in his racial abuse and when his career was ended prematurely by that wanker Dean Saunders.......Elliott is the man!!

I'm certainly no racist and don't think very highly of people who are, but suspension? For spoken words? Really?

Cultural difference I guess. I will support a person's right to say something even if I hate the words they say. The step too far would be a threat.

I'm certainly no racist and don't think very highly of people who are, but suspension? For spoken words? Really?

Cultural difference I guess. I will support a person's right to say something even if I hate the words they say. The step too far would be a threat.

What if Terry called him a ni**er? Then would it be a step too far?