test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Frank Lampard

Started by DavidEU,

8,946 posts in this topic

Actions > words and all that.

13 years worth of actions > 1 mistake?

I hated what happened as much as the next guy but he gets too much hate now considering that he was one of the most important players in our history.

James and Blue Armour like this

Not mistake but choice. Coupled with some outright lying, and not only to Chelsea fans.

I honestly believe that he did not think it would damage his Chelsea reputation.

Each to their own opinion, though.

Blue Armour and darrus like this

I honestly believe that he did not think it would damage his Chelsea reputation.

Each to their own opinion, though.

Liked for the second sentence.

But disagree with first. If he thought it's ok to move to title rival he could have just announced it outright - and I'm sure there would've been less resentment than now. It's lyng and piling one cover story upon the other that makes the whole story so ugly. At least as I see it.

Just done his greatest #1to11 on Fantasy Football Club.

GK Cech

RB Ivanovic

LB Cole

CB Terry

CB Ferdinand

DM Makelele

CM Gerrard

RM Silva

LM Hazard

ST Aguero

ST Drogba

Can't really begrudge him having Aguero and Silva in his team as they are by miles the best two players at Man City. He did give an honorary mention to Zola too but he only played with him at the end of his career.

Also made a comment about the dressing room saying Ivanovic's arse being so big and solid you could balance your pint on it!

Yeah. Explicitly confirmed too that CFC is his club love...Personally I think people should give him some slack.

Aye the bloke only left us to join our direct title rivals 2 years after becoming the top goal scorer at the club, if you want a lesson in how to lose a bit of respect well that and the whole no loan with New York thing is a prime example of how to do so, I was seeing screen captures of their forums and some fans were saying they weren't keen on him going after the whole thing.

stroey and darrus like this

Yes, "consequences" like not getting the welcome others like Drogba got when he turned up at the Bridge with City. Got treated as any other opposition player during the game, followed by applause at the end. Compare and contrast with the famous singing from our travelling support at City, when the extent and design of his lies were not known.

But does it REALLY matter? I don't think so. Sure, some fans won't like him, but most will and he's still the best Chelsea player ever. Not really a big deal tbh.

But does it REALLY matter? I don't think so. Sure, some fans won't like him, but most will and he's still the best Chelsea player ever. Not really a big deal tbh.

I think so, yes. You can even see the effect it's had on people like Mourinho. It'll take me a lot of time to get over it.

darrus and MichaelDance like this