Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Yep he threw that all away by betraying us. Think of a superhero like Superman that we all once loved. Just because he helped us in the past protecting us, doesn't mean we should respect Superman for turning against us now and destroying our city.

And don't act like Lampard was the main reason we won those trophies. Drogba, Terry, Cech, Cole (ya know, the real legends?) Ramires, Cahill, Oscar, Ivanovic, Luiz and more...even freaking Fernando Torres contributed towards those trophies.

Lampard showed us no respect by going to City.

Did Torres show lil'pool respect by signing for Chelsea? Did Ronaldo loose his figure at united by knocking them out of the champions league? Mark Hughes? Peter schmiechel? I love Dortmund but doesn't change my feeling towards goetze and lewa cos they don Bayern Jersey now....all am saying is while it hurts from the fan perspective, its football and you gotta appreciate that he gave the best part of his career to Chelsea...

How many of those names were seen as actual club legends? None of those are at the same level that Lampard is (or better, was) with Chelsea. You really can't compare.

Schmiechel was and he played for our noisy neighbours! He still is my fav keeper after VDS.

The only reason why his contract has been extended is because he's done extremely well for them in the short period of time. This only proves that we made a mistake of letting him go because clearly he's still top class and is content with a squad player role.

Schmiechel was and he played for our noisy neighbours! He still is my fav keeper after VDS.

Right, but despite the rivalry between you guys and City, back then they weren't title contenders by any means. Big Pete wasn't going to help take the PL title away from you. And he didn"t join them right after leaving United.

PS: he's also a bit of a legend over here at Sporting, the dane. ;)

Thirteen seasons of service, three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups, Chelsea's first ever Champions League, Chelsea's top goalscorer of all time and apparently this guy is not a legend any more. I'm done.

For the last time, he is still a legend to over 95% of people here, but he has significantly fallen down the pecking order. Before this, he had the perfect image; I didn't think anyone could be more 'proper Chels' than Frank Lampard - how wrong I was.

We are not confusing being a legend of a footballer with being a lying, attention-seeking, money-grabbing cunt of a person. :)

The only reason why his contract has been extended is because he's done extremely well for them in the short period of time. This only proves that we made a mistake of letting him go because clearly he's still top class and is content with a squad player role.

Yeah doubt they thought he'd have such a impact.Could've easily been a Torres situation and just forget how to play but nope

Those fans who brought season tickets etc...cant say he'll get the welcome he would've done should he go back to New York when the seasons over

Spot on Post really. I had this bad feeling towards Lamps since the days when reports broke out of his and AVBs rift and what he did. Then he came out and said in his pre CL-Final Interview on youtube, answering to the question of "What do you like the most about your manager", with a big grin in his face "He plays me, not like that oter fella". And that was it, I thought of him as a selfish person, who exactly knows what his power is at any time, what his value is and how he can get the best out of it for himself.

But he is a superb actor, cause Mou belived in him and trusted him, you can see how disappointed he was after he plays for city "I don't talk about players from other clubs", is his only response for a persone he a few months before would refer to as "best player and chelsea through and through, legend, and always welcomed back to the bridge"...

Thank you SFL for your services, great achivements, but not a legend, not to me...

Hear Hear! "Frank Lampard is a Man City player, I don't believe in stories of passion and heart, maybe I am too pragmatic in football. When he decided to go to a direct competitor to Chelsea then love stories are over. He did his job as a professional." - Mourinho

That was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. There were even some fans saying Lampard did the right thing at the time as if Drogba wasn't arguably the world's greatest striker at that time - they spoke as if Drogba would not only have missed but that he'd miss so badly the game would be fortified as a result and that we'd lose the title to Man Utd. Lampard's faux-seriousness as he denied Drogba the penalty as if he was saving a dying child was a complete and utter farce.

I remember speaking to Peace (how do you mention somebody so they see the post?!) about Lampard's inherent selfishness a few times. Honestly, this is why my favourite players of the Roman era are Cech and Drogba - they're the real MVPs; they represent everything I want our club to be about.

Sacrilege! You forgot Terry.