Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Things have changed. There's no reason to keep believing in something if it's no longer 'true'.

I think we can use him for one more season as a bench option in the big games and a guy who can take the strain off others for 60 minutes in matches like today. Plus we're one year out from the World Cup and he'll need to be playing competitive football next season which means there's more pressure to stay in the Premier League. I really don't want him going elsewhere.

This is all based on us getting a big manager in (ideally Mourinho) who can handle big personalities.

Or we could still start him in big games. He's clearly good enough to perform in those. Giggs and Scholes don't play every game at United but they do start big games because of their experience and obvious class etc. Lampard can clearly do the same for us.

He manages to show individual brilliance in every of his matches lately, including the one for England against Brazil! Scoring decisive goals and being inspirational character and leader! 4 more goals until the record is equaled.

My biggest wish is to return in 2005. Lamps was 26 back then and I would love to see his brilliance over all those years once again...

Lamps and Didi are two players Im realy glad to live in their footballing years and watch them play for Cfc.

Just give him a contract.... Stop being stubborn about it... Offer him a fair deal... By fair I mean a 1 year deal with the option for an extra year depending on performance for 80k or so a week. If lamps wants to stay he can and if he wants to go elsewhere then he can decide to turn it down. But not offering him one and letting him go on a free is pure madness....

You know how many clubs wanted Beckham.... Well think of that number and times it by 10...With the exception of barca and real etc I cant think of any clubs who wouldn't want him tbh.

Ha Ha, I got into that conversation w/ my lady today. She asked me if I loved Frankie. I just smile :D She was a lil' perturbed w/ that response, but at least she knows I don't have another woman in my life.

LOL

Maybe to love another man is more embarassing for her!

I was watching the game in a hotel bar (only place I could find it) and she was like "are you going to watch this?" and then I said "you cant compete with Lamps baby". :lol:

Just think we will go through this roller coaster of "will he stay or go" next season with J.T. as Roman finishes up getting rid of the powerful influences in the dressing room that forced him to fire most of these managers, except for Hiddink, Jose and RDM. Sad how the icons are going out though.

Lamps should be allowed to stay another year. He is a vital part of our midfield, able to score the goals that win games. Better teams like Man Shitty might be able to track Lamps' runs but he can at least score plenty of goals against the smaller teams. Lamps is a model professional and never causes us any problems unlike some of the other players we have - he can only be good for us as he guides the next wave of youngsters like McEachran through.

Frank Lampard is facing an agonising decision over his future.

Chelsea are ­considering making Lampard a new one-year contract offer – but will not match the terms LA Galaxy, AC Milan or Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to give him.

The 34-year-old is likely to have to accept a deal ­heavily based on appearances to stay at Stamford Bridge.

He earns £160,000-a-week, but ­Chelsea would want to cut his basic salary by as much as half and offer bonuses based on the number of games he plays.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-must-decide-whether-1647306