Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Frank isn't the best defender, isn't able to dribble past 50 players Messi-style or complete tiki-taka passing at 69 mph. But what he can do... is win matches. 11 goals for his club this season, as well as a world class strike for England to win the game vs Brazil. It's simple, Frank is a match-winner and in the league, he is our joint top scorer alongside Mata. When our strikers have been unable to score, we can rely on Lamps. And surely we can let him stay at least one more yet just for old times sake? He's a legend, and not only could he break the club's top scorer of all time record with one more year, but he can guide the likes of McEachran into the first team.

Aside from literally a couple of misplaced passes, Lamp's distribution today was absolutely world class - as was that gorgeous finish.

Yet another overwhelming display of evidence that proves anyone's ignorant claims of lacking the passing range to play in a deeper midfield role entirely invalid. It's not like this is the first game he's been able to control possession like that this season either.

I'm sorry but this isn't your average aging 34-year-old has-been running out of steam & legs as some of those posting on here have suggested.

This is the unstoppable immortal legend that is Frank fucking Lampard.

You've really got to be in perplexingly misguided denial if you don't believe he is indisputable first team quality - & still one of the finest midfielders around today.

How can you possibly not only stomach, but actually go so far as to support the idea of getting rid of our one & only goal-scoring match-winning talisman, when our rivals & every other top team in Europe are all salivating at the tantalising thought of being able to capture a player of such class & calibre in the summer - for absolutely nothing?

If you really have this club's very best interests at heart - it simply cannot be anything other than painfully obvious that letting Frank go is not conducive to those ambitions whatsoever.

Great finish today and a good performance. Maybe this is his level now, coming in against the Stokes and Wigans of the world who will give him time in midfield and fail to pick up his late runs in and around the box.

But do I think we can win the league with him as one of our midfield two? Probably not. And he should be paid accordingly, but it's great to see him banging them in still.

Great finish today and a good performance. Maybe this is his level now, coming in against the Stokes and Wigans of the world who will give him time in midfield and fail to pick up his late runs in and around the box.

But do I think we can win the league with him as one of our midfield two? Probably not. And he should be paid accordingly, but it's great to see him banging them in still.

Not picking on you here but do you mind explaining what has changed your opinion about keeping Lampard so drastically? Curious!!

Not picking on you here but do you mind explaining what has changed your opinion about keeping Lampard so drastically? Curious!!

He's played reasonably well in recent weeks, there's an increasing possibility that we'll get Mourinho and McEachran is almost certainly another year away from being ready for us. I don't think he's good enough to be a first-teamer every week but he'd be great coming off the bench if we're chasing a goal.

I don't think many who wanted Lampard to stay necessarily wanted him to stay and be a starter week in week out. If I'm not incorrect, most want Lampard to stay because he's obviously an inspirational character, and is definitely good enough still to be involved with first team action here as he's been proving the last couple of weeks. I don't think anyone wants us to hand Frank a £150k a week contract which obviously states he's a key player - Frank knows himself that he won't start 50+ games a season anymore.

Frank's still good enough for around 30 games a season IMO, and would be a brilliant replacement if lets say one of our new starting midfielders (if we got one) were to be injured. He can still be a very important squad player for us for a season or two, easily.

He's played reasonably well in recent weeks, there's an increasing possibility that we'll get Mourinho and McEachran is almost certainly another year away from being ready for us. I don't think he's good enough to be a first-teamer every week but he'd be great coming off the bench if we're chasing a goal.

Pretty much what I said previously.

So much for the debate then... :lol:

Pretty much what I said previously.

So much for the debate then... :lol:

Things have changed. There's no reason to keep believing in something if it's no longer 'true'.

I don't think many who wanted Lampard to stay necessarily wanted him to stay and be a starter week in week out. If I'm not incorrect, most want Lampard to stay because he's obviously an inspirational character, and is definitely good enough still to be involved with first team action here as he's been proving the last couple of weeks. I don't think anyone wants us to hand Frank a £150k a week contract which obviously states he's a key player - Frank knows himself that he won't start 50+ games a season anymore.

Frank's still good enough for around 30 games a season IMO, and would be a brilliant replacement if lets say one of our new starting midfielders (if we got one) were to be injured. He can still be a very important squad player for us for a season or two, easily.

I think we can use him for one more season as a bench option in the big games and a guy who can take the strain off others for 60 minutes in matches like today. Plus we're one year out from the World Cup and he'll need to be playing competitive football next season which means there's more pressure to stay in the Premier League. I really don't want him going elsewhere.

This is all based on us getting a big manager in (ideally Mourinho) who can handle big personalities.