Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's not an opinion though. It's a fact that he is a good dribbler. If you would have watched him enough you would know that as a FACT that he is a good dribbler. Just like how one would say Hazard is a good dribbler. I'm not saying he is a Hazard level dribbler but as strikers go, he is one of the better ones in all of Europe.

Arrogancy at its best! :clap:

No. Did i say something different?

Which striker can you name that can be consistent next year? Cavano, Falcao without Epl experience .... They will show inconsistency too.

Inconsistency will happen inevitably. The real question is how we - as a team - can put a 'whole' together that copes with that.

Lukaku could be very much a part of it. We will have to see what José thinks :-)

Which striker can you name that can be consistent next year? Cavano, Falcao without Epl experience .... They will show inconsistency too.

Inconsistency will happen inevitably. The real question is how we - as a team - can put a 'whole' together that copes with that.

Lukaku could be very much a part of it. We will have to see what José thinks :-)

mhmm... good point, I also remember RvP having a barren spell this season. But I do not see any of our strikers, Including Lukaku being able to cope with the pressure esp in the CL, whilst Cavani etc will have no problem with well known European territory.

Arrogancy at its best! :clap:

lol ok, do you want to tell me why you think he's a bad dribbler? I can understand if we're discussing a player's overall quality but dribbling is probably the easiest thing to judge with a player so the argument over opinions almost never enters the discussion when talking about dribbling

that's like saying Lukaku isn't fast, that's not a different opinion, that's just wrong

i don't mean to put you down, but i just couldn't understand why one would say he is a bad dribbler, hence why i said you may not have seen much of him because he's impressed with his dribbling time and time again

So many people on here who judge solely MOTD highlights and hype rather than actually analyzing the player.

These are the same posters who'll turn on the player when he doesn't live up to expectations.

Lukaku is the best player ever obviously. No weaknesses and has nothing to learn.

Lukaku is the best player ever obviously. No weaknesses and has nothing to learn.

I don't think anyone (or at least most people) are saying that. I think we all know he is still very rough and far from a finished product. He definitely has a lot to work on, but I think a lot of what he has to improve on is coachable (while his athleticism one can only be born with) But 17 goals speaks for itself a lot, especially in as few minutes as he's done it. If he improves half as much next season as he did this season, I think he'd be fine to lead the Chelsea attack.

That said, there is a lot of risk choosing him to be our main striker, and I'm honestly very much less than sure that he could handle UCL football at the highest level.

I think we all understand it would be a huge risk to make him our main striker, but a lot think it would be worth it, and a lot think it wouldn't, but I can certainly see both sides.

Romelu Lukaku's Characteristics

+ Strengths

Headed attempts

Strong

Dribbling

Strong

Finishing

Strong

- Weaknesses

Offside awareness

Very Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Romelu Lukaku's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble

Likes to play short passes

Counter attack threat

Does not dive into tackles

+ Strengths
Headed attempts
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Finishing
Strong
- Weaknesses
Offside awareness
Very Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak
  • Likes to dribble
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Counter attack threat
  • Does not dive into tackles

you were in a coma this year.werent you??

+ Strengths
Headed attempts
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Finishing
Strong
- Weaknesses
Offside awareness
Very Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak
  • Likes to dribble
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Counter attack threat
  • Does not dive into tackles

you were in a coma this year.werent you??

So wait, you're lambasting people for getting excited about the potential Lukaku is showing? Who in here is saying he's the perfect player? You're being too bitter about it. No one's saying that Lukaku doesn't have his weaknesses (or that he still has quite a far way to fulfil his potential) but there's nothing wrong about getting excited over a 20 year old who's scored 17 goals in his first proper season in the PL.

I don't understand the cynicism in here sometimes. Are we now not allowed to praise our players who are obviously showing some frightening potential? Even United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham fans etc. are excited over his potential. Are you going to go shoot them down too?

20120607035837_auto.gif