Tomáš Kalas

James

According to jose luiz,terry,kalas and cahill will be our 4 CB's.

If I were Mou i would have Iva CB and Kalas RB. Kalas is faster and better technically than iva, also a far better crosser, whilst iva is stronger, taller and more solid defensively :dunno:

According to jose luiz,terry,kalas and cahill will be our 4 CB's.

"

'I didn't expect it but the coach came to me and said you have some skills to play on the right of defence,' he recalls"
Doesn't it mean Kalas should be RB?

"

'I didn't expect it but the coach came to me and said you have some skills to play on the right of defence,' he recalls"
Doesn't it mean Kalas should be RB?

He's talking about the Vitesse coach asking him to switch to RB last season, not Mourinho.

Not a good Asia tour for him. Maybe we should reconsider his as the 4th choice CB. I believe Omeruo is better. Kalas should get a PL loan I feel.

Bar the own goal (which is something that happens to all players) what else did he do wrong? We weren't tested enough defensively to say he didn't have a good tour. Give the lad some time, he really is great at CB, and obviously Mou has seen that

Bar the own goal (which is something that happens to all players) what else did he do wrong? We weren't tested enough defensively to say he didn't have a good tour. Give the lad some time, he really is great at CB, and obviously Mou has seen that

Nothing wrong with the own goal, but he got raped by the striker before the own goal. His back passes and utter lack of communication with Cech in the first game. Poor positioning for the headed goal conceded last game as well. He's been the poorest defender in Asia. Yes, we weren't tested enough, but whatever test he was faced with he made more than his fair share of mistakes. And, I'm in no way saying he isn't good enough or never will be. I just think he had a poor Asia tour.

Nothing wrong with the own goal, but he got raped by the striker before the own goal. His back passes and utter lack of communication with Cech in the first game. Poor positioning for the headed goal conceded last game as well. He's been the poorest defender in Asia. Yes, we weren't tested enough, but whatever test he was faced with he made more than his fair share of mistakes. And, I'm in no way saying he isn't good enough or never will be. I just think he had a poor Asia tour.

This

I think he's ready.. reminds me of Ivanovic when he first started playing for us, just the experience missing.

Actually as defenders they are the complete opposite of each other

I think Kalas simply should play RB, as i understand Wallace is loaned out anyway. I want to see him against bigger and better oppositions first to judge him as a defender. Most people would not give a shit what an attacker does when you are 8 goals up. Communication and experience will come, but his size worries me. He is sooo small, he will not stand a chance against most EPL strikers physically.

Cahill also got raped a couple times by that striker in the last game and I think he can't be blamed for that headed goal. Had he attempted to get a touch on that, I reckon it could have resulted in an own goal. Also shouldn't forget the good bits he's shown this tour such as proving to be decent aerially with his fantastic leap as well as making his fair share of good tackles . The aim of these games first and foremost was fitness, to make a call saying saying we should reconsider him being 4th CB isn't advisable and unfair. On that basis players like Schurrle, Ba, Moses, Ramires should also have there roles reconsidered

Even though, many of you think Kalas should stay with the team, I am not sure whether he shouldn´t be loaned out for 6 months or so. The way I saw him, several crucial mistakes were made by him. These mistakes may cost the team valuable points during the season. I just wonder, whether Jose is going to play him against lower teams or when Chelsea are leading only.

Right now Kalas' biggest blessing and problem is his athleticism. He's probably the most athletic and mobile defender I've ever seen and he's capable of crazy stuff due to this athleticism. However, he relies too much on these attributes instead of focusing on, for example, positioning.

the goal itself was not the problem, the way in which the striker went past him is the cos of concern.

also i think both the goals we conceded were his mistakes. the first goal (the one from the set-piece in the 2nd match) would have been cleared by any of cahill, JT, DL or iva.

a couple of poor back-passes in the first match to cech.

couple of horrible passes in the last match,

the way he lost a long ball to an indonesian striker when he jumped to early was bad too.

so as i see it, so many mistakes when we were not even tested is a sign to worry.

I didn't bother to tune into any of the friendlies so far,they are just fitness and training sessions to me and if I run the club they would only be in Europe as that's the only environment our players need to learn to play in..I do recall many times in the past tho some players looking shit hot in pre-season then just plain shit when it mattered and vice versa.

I trust in Jose,happy to leave these decisions to him and enjoy the summer relaxing myself.