Tomáš Kalas

James

Kalas wasted a whole year and got ONE game.... you can see the Emperors New Clothes

wasted? playing, learning and training with the likes of JT, i would not call it wasted!!!! if kalas was deemed good enough by jose to start games ahead of a MASSIVELY successful partnership between JT_GC (which even DL could not get thru), i am sure he would have started. its not like a 21 year old salah dint start, or a 21 year old oscar was not made the pinnacle of our system, or he dint trust a 20 year old lukaku with taking the final penalty kick in the super cup. but ya, keep on bashing for the smallest of the reasons available. i mean it was not like we had a striker problem and our most important strength was our defensive solidity.

who am i debating with!!! these same people going on about "youth" would have been the first people on jose's throat if that had backfired (just like they are at the moment).

wasted? playing, learning and training with the likes of JT, i would not call it wasted!!!! if kalas was deemed good enough by jose to start games ahead of a MASSIVELY successful partnership between JT_GC (which even DL could not get thru), i am sure he would have started. its not like a 21 year old salah dint start, or a 21 year old oscar was not made the pinnacle of our system, or he dint trust a 20 year old lukaku with taking the final penalty kick in the super cup. but ya, keep on bashing for the smallest of the reasons available. i mean it was not like we had a striker problem and our most important strength was our defensive solidity.

who am i debating with!!! these same people going on about "youth" would have been the first people on jose's throat if that had backfired (just like they are at the moment).

IF you say "dint " once more I will SCREAM ..... Please put me on ignore

^another dig at our manger who gave him his full debut at anfield. talk about being OBSESSED and GROWING UP.

talk about someone having BALLS.

You can't really make that point when that debut came in May while the boy was explicitly promised 10-15 starts in August. If that debut showed anything, it's that he could and should have been trusted more throughout the season.

The team, led by Jose, has made some significant leaps in several departments this season, IMO, but youth integration is, unfortunately, not one of them.

You can't really make that point when that debut came in May while the boy was explicitly promised 10-15 starts in August. If that debut showed anything, it's that he could and should have been trusted more throughout the season.

The team, led by Jose, has made some significant leaps in several departments this season, IMO, but youth integration is, unfortunately, not one of them.

THANKS ...the only young player who has come through since JT is Matic ,,, and we tried to get rid of him :fainthv9:

Mate at his age, yeah it is good learning from the likes of Terry etc but the most important thing is games. Playing regular top flight football is is the key to a players development. Training, playing and learning helps but the most important aspect as young players will tell you is playing.

dint.

Don't take this offensively or anything as it is intended with humour but there are countless posts of yours that have spelling mistakes so that is quite hypocritical :D in fact very laughingsmiley001.gif

Mate at his age, yeah it is good learning from the likes of Terry etc but the most important thing is games. Playing regular top flight football is is the key to a players development. Training, playing and learning helps but the most important aspect as young players will tell you is playing.

the 10-15 starts were promised thinking we would get falcao/cavani/rooney. not getting a good striker pegged us back MASSIVELY. specially the rooney saga. rooney or some of those strikers would have directly made us into title favourites but not having them made it into a transitional season. that was the difference. jose needed to instill a system in the teamand get a top 4 spot (which as he said plenty of times, was our main objective and then we were in a title race). but the instill the system part became the most important part. also, the cup competitions (where u would have thought kalas to get his major oppurtunities) became massively important cos he knew that our best shot at silverware was those competitions.

also, how do u INTEGRATE youth into a system that is non existent. to integrate youth u need to have a team that is well balanced, well oiled. a team like barca cos they have that system. this was NOT a season for "youth" integration. it was a season of finding our own feet, getting our own identity.

also, if i remember correctly, we had a HUGE squad to start with. 3 strikers, 6 AMs (that was always going to be overkill), 5 CMs/DMs, 3 well established CBs and 4 fullbacks, where were the youth supposed to get a chance. the first half of the season was to test those existing playerss. u cant expect him to give players like baker or rlc starts ahead of essien and mikel or give swift a start ahead of kdb. as for kalas, jose likes a consistent and solid defence. he does not like to tinker much with his back 4 since his whole system is depended upon defensive solidity. hence, i simply dont get the need to imply that our manager has no balls like zolayes did.

Don't take this offensively or anything as it is intended with humour but there are countless posts of yours that have spelling mistakes so that is quite hypocritical :D in fact very laughingsmiley001.gif

??? i dont get the hypocritical part, infact i really dont get that part.!!! as for spellings and grammar, i try to do my best. what comes off it is well....

You can't really make that point when that debut came in May while the boy was explicitly promised 10-15 starts in August.

Blame Adidas. Their socks unfortunately aren't big enough to fit the cast that he was wearing.

Maybe if we had Nike kits their voluminous footwear would've allowed him to make more starts....or maybe there was some other issue surrounding his broken bone that hindered him starting.

Blame Adidas. Their socks unfortunately aren't big enough to fit the cast that he was wearing.

Maybe if we had Nike kits their voluminous footwear would've allowed him to make more starts....or maybe there was some other issue surrounding his broken bone that hindered him starting.

he had an injury in the first few weeks ,, It didn't last long

He was fully fit in September..

he had an injury in the first few weeks ,, It didn't last long

It's all very well asking for Kalas to have been given more games, but when? Our defence was integral to EVERYTHING we did last season and we spent the first few months constructing it.

David Luiz couldn't get a game in defence when we were looking to win things, so why would Kalas?

Actually not a bad idea IMO to loan him out for two years to the same team. He's not likely to get many games at Chelsea next season with Terry and Cahill still very much the preferred pairing and Ivanovic to cover for them once Azpilicueta rightfully takes his place in the RB position so I think it's better to get Zouma as fourth choice for next season to get him familiar with his new surroundings and new team mates. Kalas already had that last season and he's at a point in his career where he really needs to play regular first team football to maximize his development and while he would ideally get that at Chelsea, it's not looking very likely for him when he has to compete with the best CB pairing in the Premier League.

If he succeeds in making a name for himself at Köln he could then come back in 2016 and really claim his place in the Chelsea squad as a proven top division level player, like for example Courtois is now about to do, instead of sticking around playing a bit-part role. In two years from now Terry will be 36, Ivanovic 32 and Cahill 31 so there will definitely be a few openings in the team and hopefully players like Zouma and Kalas will be ready to take over by then.

Got a feeling the story of Kalas at Chelsea isn't over even if he now gets shipped out on loan.