Tomáš Kalas

James

Him getting consistent games is good for him. I don't think it's a good move for Chelsea though. I haven't been keeping up-to-date these days so forgive me if I'm wrong but since we sold DL that means we have Cahill, Terry (solid but getting older), Ake (not going to get much if any chance), Zouma (not PL tested). Azpi as LB/RB, Ivanovic (RB/CB). No Cole. Seems to me we're walking a fine line; injuries, suspensions etc what's going to happen? We should be focusing on beefing up our attacking with a quality striker imo not looking to fix defense issues as well.

we had

CBs - JT, GC, DL, iva

RBs - iva, azpi

LBs - azpi, cole

for the whole of the last season. jose simply does not like to tinker with his back 5 unless absolutely necessary. and the same thing will be done next season. zouma replaces DL, luis/rodriguez replaces coleand we are pretty much done. no need to "beef" up or infact to much with the defence.

Think this loan could be the last we'll see of Kalas at Chelsea. Koln is a strange destination, a club who've just been promoted by the play offs, and considering when he was with Vitesse they were pushing for a Europa League place not sure why he could not have gone for a similarly placed team pushing for Europe.

There is still a problem with us in that when a player proves himself on loan we still fail to integrate them into the squad, and apparently the blame is always circumstantial or that the player isn't good enough. Sturridge, KDB, Kalas, Lukaku, Bertrand. You guys are saying a loan playing regularly will be good for him, he has already had 2 seasons on loan where he's done well. If we bring him back into the squad we have to build up on that development, and I think he's just wasted a year of development.

People saying we couldn't take a risk on him with our defence - he certainly didn't look out of place at Liverpool and even if he was a risk, why was he not loaned? Kalas himself judging by the interviews in around springtime was not happy with his season and I can't blame him. Mourinho/the club HAVE mishandled him and his development last season. Kalas would have asked for a loan himself if someone said to him that you'll only make your first start at the end of the season when there's little to play for, and your other appearances will consist of futile substitutions in the 87th minute. Clearly someone told him different.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not looking good at the moment for Kalas. 3 matches into the season and ZERO goals conceded for Koeln--and Kalas is NOT one of the starting defenders. So, he's waiting for either someone to be injured or something to be go terribly wrong with the current starting XI.

• 1 month later...

still hasnt got a single minute. unacceptable. can we cancel the loan? and if so, maybe we will actually think about his next loan, instead of picking a club at random.

I think he got something like 5 minutes in one of the first matches of the season.

Not arguing against your point, just saying for factual accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

VitesseCFC @VitesseCFC · 1 h hace 1 hora

Tomas Kalas: 'Life is okay, but my football life is not okay. I'm not playing a lot and I am often not even in the Koln squad.'

Tomas Kalas: 'I enjoyed the 2 years in Arnhem, I played every game. Chelsea called me back, but it was a bit disappointing.'

VitesseCFC @VitesseCFC · 1 h Hace 1 hora

Tomas Kalas:' I broke my leg in the start of the season. Afterwards I was playing for the reserves and sometimes on the bench.

Tomas Kalas: 'I played 2 nice matches for Chelsea and I'll never forget them. I don't want to be a sub anymore and I hope to play more games

Tomas Kalas: 'I miss everything here (Vitesse), because I could play every game in one of the best leagues in Europa as a young player.'

VitesseCFC @VitesseCFC · 59 min Hace 59 minutos

Kalas repeats: 'I just left Vitesse because Chelsea called me back. If it was up to me, I would've stayed here longer.'

VitesseCFC @VitesseCFC · 49 min Hace 49 minutos

Defensive problems this season, Kalas not playing at Köln. He's a strong, fast defender, played here before. Why not try to get him back?

You know this really upsets me. Big fan of Kalas, he seems to have a big player thing about him, I don't know why he just seems to show character and desire when he plays. I know he will become world class If we gave him a chance but I can't see it happening, we really should recall him instead of letting them waste him.

Recall him in Jan, send him to Vitesse. I said it last year that it was a mistake calling him back. CBs should never be part of the squad if you won't trust them against the top teams. It's the hardest position to develop in house, especially for a team like Chelsea. All they can hope for is capital one cup games. Even a team like Koln doesn't want to disturb their CB pairing.

Recall him in Jan, send him to Vitesse. I said it last year that it was a mistake calling him back. CBs should never be part of the squad if you won't trust them against the top teams. It's the hardest position to develop in house, especially for a team like Chelsea. All they can hope for is capital one cup games. Even a team like Koln doesn't want to disturb their CB pairing.

I don't think it was that bad last season, he didn't play much but would of learned a lot being in the first team and of course playing that fantastic game against liverpool. But I agree he should of stayed at Vitesse, or been loaned to another team which would have played him. Surely some premier league clubs would have been interest after his performance against Liverpool?

I don't think it was that bad last season, he didn't play much but would of learned a lot being in the first team and of course playing that fantastic game against liverpool. But I agree he should of stayed at Vitesse, or been loaned to another team which would have played him. Surely some premier league clubs would have been interest after his performance against Liverpool?

Yeah I thought he would have got a prem loan at least after his performance against Liverpool. Not sure why he didn't.