Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Yeah he is not very experienced but he is only 3rd choice. And if something long term happened to Cech we would probably recall courtois. So It would save us having to but a GK. And would help with the homegrown numbers.

What about Mark Schwartzer. from Fulham available on a free and wants to stay in London not a bad goalkeeper worth a 1 year contract :yes:

I don't think we have to worry about loosing Courtois permanently to Athletico. Just think of it this way. Let's say he wasn't our player but was actually owned by Athletico for these past 2 years and next summer we came calling for him to be our new number 1. You think he would turn us down? He'd look at it as a step-up.

Now if we promise him the number 1 shirt next year and then delay it and teams like Real and Barca come knocking then I can see that as a problem, but otherwise he'll be fine either with us or Athletico again since they are in Tier 2 in the club football.

Real - Don't need a goalie for a while, Casillas still has plenty years.

Barca - They need a goalie, but they'll address it this year so they should be out of the hunt for a while too.

United - De Gea, young.

Bayern - Neur, young.

Who else would come knocking that really would be a considerable step up from Athletico? I don't see anyone. I dare say we can even wait 2 years and he'll still be fine with it.

http://www.football-espana.net/31682/%E2%80%98mourinho-wanted-me-back-chelsea%E2%80%99

Thibaut Courtois has revealed that he had to convince Jose Mourinho against keeping him at Chelsea for next season.

The Belgian indicated over the weekend that Atletico Madrid will have him for a third consecutive year on loan from the London side.

Whilst no official announcement has come, the 21-year-old has reflected further on the deal and revealed his discussion with former Real Madrid and now returned Chelsea boss Mourinho.

“If it were up to him, he would have had me already for next season,” Courtois told Nieuwsblad today.

“I told him that this is a very important year for me. I want to remain as the first choice ‘keeper for Belgium in a year where we can go to the World Cup in Brazil.

“To do this I have to keep playing in a team at a high level because the competition for the national team is very hard.

“Chelsea have Petr Cech, who is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Mourinho would prefer to have all of his best goalkeepers with him.

“He would have liked that Petr and I were under his command next season at Chelsea and it is logical, but he has also understood my position.

“During the season we will see where my future is after this year, but that is still far away.

“Someday I would like to work with Mourinho, it was my desire when I signed for Chelsea a few years ago.”