test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,684 posts in this topic

I still don't know why people are upset over his leaving I mean yes it stings but then we are in a capital society. Everyone leaves their current job if they get a better job don't they? Courtois did the same thing!

Yes it is sad that we live such a world where loyalty doesn't mean a thing to a employer or the employee.

Terry wanted to stay with us did we let him??? Its a two way street and we have to accept it. The era of having players stay in a club and commit to it is slowly but definitely diminishing!

I am excited for the new person who is going to take on his shoes

10 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I hope you understand that being closer to my kids was considerable in my decision.

Untitled.png

Well my hate for him has subsided a bit after that. Just wish he showed a little more professionalism during these last few days.

kellzfresh and mccg like this

42 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It'll be interesting how Real fans take to him having spent 3 years at Atletico. I can't see Atletico fans being too pleased either to see him joining Real. And there won't be many Chelsea fans who like him.

He's shaping up to be the player version of Mourinho!

Or Gallas.

25 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

I hope you understand that being closer to my kids was considerable in my decision.

Untitled.png

Removed

25 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Untitled.png

Family bollox!

He isn't getting away with that easily in my book. I won't forget how he openly disrespected us over the past few sesons and especially how he tried to take Eden with him.

Fernando, mccg and Johnnyeye like this

28 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Untitled.png

Can't find this post on Facebook. I was going to unlike his page, but thought I want to see this post first before unliking it. It's not there. Either this is fake or Courtois removed it.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Can't find this post on Facebook. I was going to unlike his page, but thought I want to see this post first before unliking it. It's not there. Either this is fake or Courtois removed it.

His dad probably did it!

Chelsea transfer news: Thibaut Courtois DELETES statement on Real Madrid deal

CHELSEA goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has deleted a statement his issued after agreeing to join Real Madrid.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1000908/Chelsea-transfer-news-Thibaut-Courtois-DELETES-Real-Madrid-statement

55 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I still don't know why people are upset over his leaving I mean yes it stings but then we are in a capital society. Everyone leaves their current job if they get a better job don't they? Courtois did the same thing!

Yes it is sad that we live such a world where loyalty doesn't mean a thing to a employer or the employee.

Terry wanted to stay with us did we let him??? Its a two way street and we have to accept it. The era of having players stay in a club and commit to it is slowly but definitely diminishing!

I am excited for the new person who is going to take on his shoes

Because he didnt behave professional. I understand we are smaller than Madrid. But his bitching every week to go to Madrid one day was DISRESPECT. We signed him at 19 when he was ''nothing'', we gave him first spot by removing Cech and he kept talking about Madrid left and right. Besides most players move one day and they take families with them. Not sure how he didnt manage to convince his family to go to London. Even 4 years separated like this is weird tbh and I wouldnt want to be without my wife and kids like that.

Eden was on verge of leaving too, but no one would blame him. No one. I would be super sad, but grateful for all. Because he acts like a champ and shows us respect. Its all about that.

You see players move to another club with respect and players move to another club with no respect. First are not hated and later are. Courtois belongs to later.

P.S.: and please dont compare this to regular people and their jobs. When you are on 200k a week, knowing you can be on that for next 8 years with GUARANTEED pay rise very soon, money cant be the motivator. You have enough of it. Reasons are not on capital level here or at least shouldnt be. If they are, then Tibo is plain and simply a greedy prick, valuing cash over club that gave him all. De Gea eventualy decided to stay in his club, so did Silva, Aguero etc.

Johnnyeye likes this

To be fair. From the beginning fans called him the cunt that put Cech on the bench and chased away club legend Cech. When he played extraordinary over the past years, he got like 2 positive comments. And when he did something that was average, bad or debatable, he got like 100 negative comments.

I hope that Kepa gets a better treatment from the beginning. Let's all get behind our new number one and support him when he makes a mistake.

Thank you for the good times, your contribution for 2 PL titles. And good luck in your personal life with your children and for the rest of your football career!

34 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

To be fair. From the beginning fans called him the cunt that put Cech on the bench and chased away club legend Cech.

I don't remember that at all. Everyone was rooting for him to take over that season, but were sad to see Cech go to Arsenal of all places.

I myself wanted the change since it was a generational change where we had a young goalkeeper of great class and potential instead of one that was beginning to show his age a little bit.

Also, Courtois was always supported here (even when he said some shit). Everyone rated him as one of the best in the world and we were proud to have him. I remember when we had a 2 legged league cup semi final where this forum went crazy with praises for him for weeks!

termninja and DDA like this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The ironic thing is, if we ditched him in favour of a declining Cech, how many of the "we let a legend go for this cunt" crew would be screaming "OMG we let Courtois go just like we did KDB and Salah we never give youth a chance". 

Regardless of how this has ended, the decision to draft Tibo in back in 2014 has been more than justified.

End of the day, we have made the most of Courtois time here.

2 PL titles, 1 league cup and 1 FA cup.

Not bad for 4 seasons of utility.

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

7 hours ago, Mana said:

Removed, I saw the post.