why we must keep Jack Cork

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cork in next season's squad?

Apart from Sturridge, Jack Cork is the loanee that should be kept at all costs the most, we would be mad to let him go and here are my reasons as to why his inclusion in next year's squad is a MUST.

1. Versatile

He can play anywhere across the back and in centre midfield, versatility is key to any squad and Cork has always impressed in all positions out on loan. I honestly cannot see how he can't do the same for us.

2. Experienced

For a 21 year old he has got tons of experience, 168 career games (11 of them in the premier) aswell as 12 caps for the under 21's, during his brief spell in the premier league last season he impressed, he set up Burnley's 2 goals on his debut at Villa Park and got rave reviews by the Clarets despite losing 5-2, he also showed signs of promise at the Emirates despite Burnley being on the losing side again but his stand out game came against Spurs when he dominated there midfield and helped Burnley to a impressive 4-2 win and Burnley fans have nothing but rave reviews when it comes to Cork.

3. Consistent

He will rarely blow us away with a 9/10 rating but will almost always get a 7 every match, he looks comfortable and never looks like making silly mistakes (which is more than can be said for our loanee at Wolves rolleyes.gif). He could cover numerous positions if we get injuries and will hardly ever let us down if at-all.

4. Home grown and Chelsea through and through

He's been in the Chelsea set up since the age of 9, came through all our levels from then on and proved a very reliable player on loan moves elsewhere and is also homegrown and our homegrown list needs boosting as we only named 4 last August, common sense suggest Cork should be in our squad next season.

Agree?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a very talented young player, but the problem lies in the fact that if he wanted to stay with us, he would have to be content with being on the bench (if that) week-in, week-out. He has been playing regularly for Burnley this season, the fans love him and he has settled in.

Is he going to get regular football at Chelsea? Unlikely. As much as i'd like for him to stay at the club, it seems that it would be better for his career if he were to move permanently.

He wants to play for Burnley.

i think it`s more a case of his true love has treated him badly and hasn`t shown signs of wanting him, so he`s settling for a munter ..if his true love opened the door for him in the next few months he`ll drop the munter like a hot rock..but if not he`ll settle for the munter for now until something better comes along..

Apart from Sturridge, Jack Cork is the loanee that should be kept at all costs the most, we would be mad to let him go and here are my reasons as to why his inclusion in next year's squad is a MUST.

Why not Michael Mancienne? He has played in first team and he was good whenever he played. Unfortunately for him, Guus had to leave and Carlo sent him on loan. This season he has been injured for lengthy periods. Last season he was good for Wolves. He could be our Beletti only that he is 11 years younger to Beletti.

1. Versatile

He can play anywhere across the back and in centre midfield, versatility is key to any squad and Cork has always impressed in all positions out on loan. I honestly cannot see how he can't do the same for us.

More than Cork, Mancienne is much capable playing across the back and as a DM. Another advantage he has is he has already played in first team and has done well.

2. Experienced

For a 21 year old he has got tons of experience, 168 career games (11 of them in the premier) aswell as 12 caps for the under 21's, during his brief spell in the premier league last season he impressed, he set up Burnley's 2 goals on his debut at Villa Park and got rave reviews by the Clarets despite losing 5-2, he also showed signs of promise at the Emirates despite Burnley being on the losing side again but his stand out game came against Spurs when he dominated there midfield and helped Burnley to a impressive 4-2 win and Burnley fans have nothing but rave reviews when it comes to Cork.

Mancienne is 23 and has more experience compared to Cork in the Premier League and overall (if im not wrong). Taking none away from Cork, He is a better midfielder than a defender and we are packed in the midfield except for a creative midfielder which Cork is not. He is more of a box to box.

3. Consistent

He will rarely blow us away with a 9/10 rating but will almost always get a 7 every match, he looks comfortable and never looks like making silly mistakes (which is more than can be said for our loanee at Wolves rolleyes.gif). He could cover numerous positions if we get injuries and will hardly ever let us down if at-all.

As I said, Mancienne put in a 7-8 on 10 performances whenever he played for us under Guss and he has been fantastic as a DM for Wolves last season.

4. Home grown and Chelsea through and through

He's been in the Chelsea set up since the age of 9, came through all our levels from then on and proved a very reliable player on loan moves elsewhere and is also homegrown and our homegrown list needs boosting as we only named 4 last August, common sense suggest Cork should be in our squad next season.

Same as Mancienne.

Agree?

I disagree. Mancienne could be a much better Utility Player for us considering he has played for us before at RB and DM and has done well and has more PL experience than Cork. Cork although a better box to box MF is not a better defender compared to Mancienne. We need an Oshea type player and Mancienne suits the bill.

No disrespect to Jack Cork but he is hardly Kaka.

at present for sure..maybe Cork will never be as good as Kaka is now, let alone was..but moving ahead in the future i`d say Cork would offer us more and save us 20mill or so..Kaka i don`t think has much left in the tank..Brazilian candles burn brightly but they don`t burn for long...is not many who have still been great after 30..only really Romario who was still world class after 30,Cafu and Roberto Carlos that i can think of..

so by that way of thinking..as mad as it may initially sound..i think wanting to keep Cork rather than signing another "won it all before,only here to get my final big payday" types,makes sense.

Why not Michael Mancienne? He has played in first team and he was good whenever he played. Unfortunately for him, Guus had to leave and Carlo sent him on loan. This season he has been injured for lengthy periods. Last season he was good for Wolves. He could be our Beletti only that he is 11 years younger to Beletti.

More than Cork, Mancienne is much capable playing across the back and as a DM. Another advantage he has is he has already played in first team and has done well.

Mancienne is 23 and has more experience compared to Cork in the Premier League and overall (if im not wrong). Taking none away from Cork, He is a better midfielder than a defender and we are packed in the midfield except for a creative midfielder which Cork is not. He is more of a box to box.

As I said, Mancienne put in a 7-8 on 10 performances whenever he played for us under Guss and he has been fantastic as a DM for Wolves last season.

Same as Mancienne.

I disagree. Mancienne could be a much better Utility Player for us considering he has played for us before at RB and DM and has done well and has more PL experience than Cork. Cork although a better box to box MF is not a better defender compared to Mancienne. We need an Oshea type player and Mancienne suits the bill.

[/quote

excellent analysis ,,would love to here your veiws on Sinclair ,,,Scott not Frank

excellent analysis ,,would love to here your veiws on Sinclair ,,,Scott not Frank

All I can say about Sinclair is he like Mancienne fell victim to the managerial merry go round. Sinclair was preferred by Mou in 06-07 and he put in decent performances. The one that stands out was at Arsenal when we were down to 10 men, that was Sinclari's best game for us. Unfortunately, Mou was fired, Avram tried Sinclair and sent him on loan and then Avram was Fired and Scolari, then Guss, then Ancelotti. It is difficult for a youngster to make on impression on so many people. The one who preferred him had gone.

He would have never started for us but could have been our impact player, our own Theo Walcott. The guy had pace which could have been put to use in the final quarter of the game. Mou liked him, so did I and it pains me to see him banging them in at Swansea.

I vote no. He is at Burnley and is happy. We should let him stay for another year or so. Then maybe he can play in our squad.

He has had enough of loan spells. And I am sure he will leave us this summer. Feel sad for him as he is a good player but we have enough box to box MF in Lamps, Essien and Ramirez. We are longing for a creative MF.

All I can say about Sinclair is he like Mancienne fell victim to the managerial merry go round. Sinclair was preferred by Mou in 06-07 and he put in decent performances. The one that stands out was at Arsenal when we were down to 10 men, that was Sinclari's best game for us. Unfortunately, Mou was fired, Avram tried Sinclair and sent him on loan and then Avram was Fired and Scolari, then Guss, then Ancelotti. It is difficult for a youngster to make on impression on so many people. The one who preferred him had gone.

He would have never started for us but could have been our impact player, our own Theo Walcott. The guy had pace which could have been put to use in the final quarter of the game. Mou liked him, so did I and it pains me to see him banging them in at Swansea.

you have echoed many of my long held views . He was a genuine talent we failed to help develop. Only time will tell how much we will live to regret it.