why we must keep Jack Cork

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cork in next season's squad?

We should most definately be considering keeping Jack Cork around. As has been mentioned using him as a squad player would be easy to accomodate him and if he progressed further then even better for us. Jack has impressed everywhere he has been much like Ryan Bertrand and has taken each step up in his stride. Unfortunately i can't see it happening and i am not sure why. If young players (and i am including players up to 23) are not content to be squad players and push for regular places then we may as well shut down our academy now, at the same time if we are not willing to give our young players the chance to be squad players, then again what are we doing. Jack Cork has shown he can cut it in the Premier League, we don't need him to come in now and force anyone out the starting 11, we need a player who can be counted on when needed and hopefully continue to grow into a better player. If we do not even give him a chance in our first team then that is a real shame because how could we ever possibly know, it's not like he has not impressed on loan spells.

Michael Mancinne on the other hand though for me i don't think is of a standard for our team, squad player or otherwise and i think moving on now would be best for him. Scott Sinclair was poorly managed and had some loan spells where he was not utilised. I am not at all suprised he is doing as well as he is because he is a quality player and he will play in the Premier League for someone soon.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Esk RE Mancienne. Wolves fans don't even like him either and as he's come back from injury he's back in their side again but his use as a DM last season was down to him not coping at CB imo. He held the club ransom essentially when he was nearly out of contract in 2008. 3 years down the line and he got that contract and didn't break into the side which his confidence and ego deserved by the talk of him.

With Cork, just look at the poll in the thread, we would all like to see him in our team and he should be in our team. I've pretty much given up on our youth set-up though, we could have geniune world class players with us until 25 and they still wouldn't get a shout in our squad. And that's down to the fans, the board and the management.

Guest justin_3d

I wish he would get a chance, but as someone mention, all these change in managers has hurt our youth!

And as this summer comes we may yet again change our manager....unless Chelsea gets a manager that will introduce youth!

It pains me to say it, but Van Basten does gets more youth going then older players. He showed it at the Netherlands team where he took a lot of the older guys and brought in youth.

Are we watching the right Mancienne?

The Mancienne aganist Brimingham made a glaring defensive error which allowed Brimingham to equalise the match... which reduced Wolves' 3 points to 1.

Sorry but Mancienne has never convinced me and the Birmingham error sums him up, he always plays like he has a mistake in him, i wouldn't mind both coming back and being squad players but Cork for me would be 1st choice out of the 2 every time.

Fans have a short memory. They will judge the players by his current season ignoring the fact that he had been injured most season, ignoring the fact that he was fantastic as a DM for wolves last season, was decent as a RB and DM for us under Guus.

Hell the fans are even wondering if Lampard should go cus he has a bad season.

Someone mentioned the wolves fans don't like mancienne anymore, I dun blame them cus we have our fans saying lampard should be sold or benched next season.

Cork is a good player but he has very little premiership experience and once he has a similar lengthy spell to that of manciennes you will see burnley fans calling him shit too.

Ignoring this year Michael mancienne has been a better RB CB and DM with more premiership experience than cork and some decent performances in Chelsea first team