Stamford Bridge Thread

Not looking to leave. We suppose. The oligarchs are being rained in, hence the case with Berezovsky. Life takes mad turns a lot of the time -again fanciful -but guaranteed theres enough people who'd like to put bullet in Abramovich -and who'd have thought MHs' helicopter would crash.?

I think RA getting full control of SB as an insurance policy. If hes not, then make all the CPO shares transferable to the new groiund . Simples.

True. Very true points.

It's going to be hard for Gourlay & Buck to convince the CPO. Both parties have legitimate cases.. It does make sense for Roman to want full control, it also makes sense for CPO to want their own Plan B should RA call it quits.

Will be an interesting month, that's for sure.

Can some one explain me the situation?

This CPO has 12000 members and they will vote on October 27 for or aginst this move?

Why campaigners are urging supporters to vote No at a special meeting of the CPO on October 27???

In parallel: AVB urges Chelsea fans to back stadium move.

http://www.chelseafc...2480874,00.html

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle811529.html

1.Why campaigners are urging supporters to vote No at a special meeting of the CPO on October 27???

2. IF Roman will complete this move.he will be the owner of the SB??and then we will cn sell him and buy a new one?

True. Very true points.

It's going to be hard for Gourlay & Buck to convince the CPO. Both parties have legitimate cases.. It does make sense for Roman to want full control, it also makes sense for CPO to want their own Plan B should RA call it quits.

Will be an interesting month, that's for sure.

The majority of CPO's want a say in the running of new Stadium ie restoring Osgood's ashes,(which will be on the consent of his widow) and restoring the Matthew Harding stand.

The club want to disslolve the CPO.They have absolutely no regard for the Chelsea fans pre Abramovich.

if i understand right,the CPO members afraid that the fans will not involved in the process of building the new stadium?

yes partly that.

They also dont want the club to move to an area far away from where we are at the moment, which would result in us losing our identity as Chelsea. We have played at Stamford Bridge for 106 years too (since we were formed) so many people see it as wrong for us to move away from our ground

We can't move yet! We have just ordered a new TV screen for above the Matthew Harding Stand!!!!! ;)

The fact is we will not be moving anytime before 2020.A site may already of been found,but construction would not begin overnight.It's not rocket science!

I smell a nasty rat,and it's got Buck and Gourlay written all over it.

Those who favour a move to the London Borough of Brent.Enjoy your new ground!

The fact is we will not be moving anytime before 2020.A site may already of been found,but construction would not begin overnight.It's not rocket science!

I smell a nasty rat,and it's got Buck and Gourlay written all over it.

Those who favour a move to the London Borough of Brent.Enjoy your new ground!

I think RA controls those two puppets though. At the end of the day hes only doing what all the American Premiership Club owners are doing. In fact not as bad, its not 100% profit hes after, -but he does want it to be all his in case Putin demands the Russian peoples money back.

The club has to understand we can't just give up CPO on a loose promise of someone possibly doing something good a few years from now, maybe. I am not someone who says he would never consider a move away from SB, I would, I would consider any serious proposal, but at the moment we have nothing tangible except a "Trust us" and them wheeling out JT in a very transparent act of cheap PR.

So Roman need to Publish Concrete plans of the new stadium to convince the fans.

even if he did many people would still not want to move. It would convince a few people though I'm sure because they would know what they would actually be voting for or against

even if he did many people would still not want to move. It would convince a few people though I'm sure because they would know what they would actually be voting for or against

So it's just a matter of principle?

yes partly that.

They also dont want the club to move to an area far away from where we are at the moment, which would result in us losing our identity as Chelsea. We have played at Stamford Bridge for 106 years too (since we were formed) so many people see it as wrong for us to move away from our ground.

The identity we never had? Because SB isn't located in Chelsea.

And it's just a concrete and metal. Without players and games it wouldn't mean that much, memories are important.

Its mainly the latter. The underhand way its being done, and we're supposed to swallow that these club employees are speaking of their own accord. Funny how it went from a small part of the original statement that actually mentioned the possibility of moving, to - two weeks later - our club captain talking about how great it will be at our big, new stadium. That sort of underhandedness is central to what has caused so many supporters to campaign to vote 'No'.

So that's now Terry, Cundy, Minto and Harris who have all spoken in favour of the move. One thing they all have in common, other than being ex-players: they are all currently employed by Chelsea Football Club. All of them have been quoted on the official website too. Would love an ex-player to have the balls to come out and say, they'd vote 'No' - wonder if that would be top story on the website?

Imo this is so wrong.