The English Football Thread

Steve

Guardiola is so overrated, can't win without spending shit loads of money, for ex: his record without Messi and UEFAlona in Champions League is atrocious, didn't manage to reach any final with loaded squads, both with Bayern and City.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

Guardiola is so overrated, can't win without spending shit loads of money, for ex: his record without Messi and UEFAelona in Champions League is atrocious, didn't manage to reach any final with loaded squads, both with Bayern and City.

He is a quality manager, but the quality dont show itself unless he gets to spend shit ton man.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

He is a quality manager, but the quality dont show itself unless he gets to spend shit ton man.

Mou may have his flaws, but at least he managed to win with Porto and Inter, i want to see Guardiola manage that.

2020-21 English Premier League

Southampton                  376.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Sheffield United              398.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2020/premier-league-southampton-vs-sheffield-united-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/southampton/

14e2e222e93d7294df863b51aa567aa8.pngba5d71d62e25a24a43d8adae536645a2.png

2020-21 English Premier League

Crystal Palace              384.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Tottenham Hotspur      367.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/sports/2020/premier-league-crystal-palace-vs-tottenham-hotspur-s1/

https://www.totalsportek.com/arsenal-streams/

c30fb4b9b1cddf30500eaa9f2eda8c38.png04f22b9fcf2ed7dd4104b7fb98f36bb6.png

Spurs definitely at this rate are title contenders perhaps even favourites.

I know its 0-0 but they are playing excellently, recovering second balls and getting the ball out wide. Palace have that threat on the break but Spurs quality in their play and getting the fullbacks up the pitch gives them so much. 

Hojbjerg has been an good buy for 15m. Value for money

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Mourinho always wins at least one trophy with every club he's managed. Usually performs best on his second season. I'm getting a bit scared now that he could win the PL with Spuds.

He "always" won the league until he went United.

Records are their to be broken.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wonder how will people view Mourinho's legacy here if he ends up winning the Premier League with Spurs...

I remember a certain a Term-X screaming here - 'Burn down the museum, burn down his name!' :lol: when Mou was rumoured to go to United.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Wonder how will people view Mourinho's legacy here if he ends up winning the Premier League with Spurs...

Hes pretty much done the damage already with his comments and general lack of respect towards us. 

Compare the way he talks about us and compare it to the way Ancelotti does, night and day!

How is it acceptable that Spurs have made much more of a progression under Mou with less talent and much lower investment in the market? We signed much better players and Lampard had more time than Mourinho.

It's unacceptable in my opinion, Spurs finishing above us at the end of the season is a sackable offense.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Hes pretty much done the damage already with his comments and general lack of respect towards us. 

Compare the way he talks about us and compare it to the way Ancelotti does, night and day!

But is that the case with every Chelsea fan?

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

How is it acceptable that Spurs have made much more of a progression under Mou with less talent and much lower investment in the market? We signed much better players and Lampard had more time than Mourinho.

It's unacceptable in my opinion, Spurs finishing above us at the end of the season is a sackable offense.

We should he judged on our own metrics.

My target from the start this season was 75-80 points with clear encouragement we can challenge next season, that would constitute a good season all things considered regardless of who won the league.

Just now, Jason said:

But is that the case with every Chelsea fan?

I reckon if Ancelotti went to Arsenal and won the league they'll be no ill feeling towards him. 

We been quite lenient on our players/managers going to rivals down the years, all we ask for in return is the respect is maintained.

11 minutes ago, Azul said:

1. Spurs already had the core of the team built by Pochettino.

2. Spurs' team overall are arguably slightly more experienced.

3. Kane and Son are in their prime.

4. Of the first team players, only Reguilon was bought from abroad. Others were bought from the Premier League, meaning less time needed for adapting etc.

5. Mourinho is also the more experienced manager.