The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Yeah we should just ignore ManUnited, they are definitely going ahead of us. Leicester and Wolves are the teams we are fighting.

Leicester have Arsenal, Spurs and Man U still. If they finish above us, then I will be very surprised and they will deserve to.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, DDA said:

That is true. Hopefully Odoi can kick on from his injur and in 3 or 4 years time, we start seeing a player producing with the same quality as Rashford.

Just relax with CHO, he is very good. But he is still very young, he will go up and down. He just need to stay healthy first 

I wonder if they are thinking about saying fuck it with Sancho

and adding KK or Skriniar, a LB, and a WC DMF (Matic is soon 32yo) like Thomas Partey (they have been linked with Ruben Neves for ages as well) and a new GK (De Gea is shit and I am not sold on Henderson, although he is so young and probably will improve a lot)

that is a huge call, as you do want to drop £120m if the end result is you stagnate off Greenwood

Personally haven't seen much of this Borja. So i can't judge but when we let Boga go, I was fuming. His potential was painfully obvious.
I rate Broja highly and it pains me to see that Giroud and Tammy play in front of him. At least give him a chance. Can't do worse than them.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Just relax with CHO, he is very good. But he is still very young, he will go up and down. He just need to stay healthy first 

CHO has never remotely shown the quality of what Greenwood is exhibiting atm 

not saying he cannot, but he has not shown it on the pitch

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Its about the money not the progress.

Plus i think we are more likely to leapfrog leicester than prevent being overtaken by manure

True but we nice to actually have a chance in it rather then get to the same point each time and go out. Recent years turned into Arsenal.

Hopefully..if we drop points today however who knows. Can't forget Wolves either still got as good a chance as we do. Only 2 behind.

Its the goal difference that seems mad to..Leicester 31..Man U 23..and us on little 13! Didnt help we started the season first game -4. Have struggled building it up since really.

I'm a lot less angry and worried about our future since we've already sewn up 2 fantastic, world class attacking players that will improve us substantially. If we hadn't done so I'd be extremely nervous about whether we'd be able to compete next year.

Think we may need to accelerate any other big signings soon, though, just in case we finish outside the CL places. Like, go get Havertz ASAP in case we fail and he decides he doesn't fancy us.

Greenwood is better overall. I have seen CHO in our youth set up and he was very good, but Greenwood is another level.
Question is if Greenwood is also a great left winger. Because CHO is a left winger or a second striker, who can also play right winger. But he prefers the left side. But overall Greenwood is still better. Maybe one day that may change because CHO is young

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm a lot less angry and worried about our future since we've already sewn up 2 fantastic, world class attacking players that will improve us substantially. If we hadn't done so I'd be extremely nervous about whether we'd be able to compete next year.

Think we may need to accelerate any other big signings soon, though, just in case we finish outside the CL places. Like, go get Havertz ASAP in case we fail and he decides he doesn't fancy us.

Hats off to our board for singing two of the Worlds hottest players before garunteeing CL football. That is pretty impressive and shows players respect Lampard and what he is trying to acheive here. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Spot on coupled with the fact that we dont have transfer for 2 windows though a bit disappointing but am very excited for the future and am sure we will definitely compete...

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

CHO will not score as many as Greenwood. Greenwood is natural striker with excellent finishing skill

Ligue 1    PSG and the rest are on again off again pretenders

Budesliga     Bayern is miles better than the rest, only year over year true threats will be RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund

Serie A    You have Juve and then a chasing pack of Inter,(only team I can see potentially catching Juve next season) then Lazio (they played so far above their level this year), Napoli , Atalanta (can they maintain?) and further back AC Milan, Roma

La Liga, perma Big 3

the EPL.... You have TEN teams who would be fighting for CL in the other leagues if they were moved to them, especially IF Spuds and Arse start to straighten themselves out and Sheffield United can maintain (hard)

lololol

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Cho seems like he is just another talented sportsman without self-discipline. His talent might be good enough for top level, his character is definitely not.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just need to sort our defence..and work on corners!

Yeah definitely! Know if we hadnt started getting signings in no doubt be same story. Still surprised we've done it tbh..not like us!

11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

True but we nice to actually have a chance in it rather then get to the same point each time and go out. Recent years turned into Arsenal.

Hopefully..if we drop points today however who knows. Can't forget Wolves either still got as good a chance as we do. Only 2 behind.

Its the goal difference that seems mad to..Leicester 31..Man U 23..and us on little 13! Didnt help we started the season first game -4. Have struggled building it up since really.

out of all the teams competing against us for 4th and possibly 5th, Leicester is the most likely to drop out altogether. Wolves have an easy fixture list as well. but i think we will finish either 5th or 6th depending on how leicester does bc I can see us slipping at least twice more.

4 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Cho seems like he is just another talented sportsman without self-discipline. His talent might be good enough for top level, his character is definitely not.

still too soon to completely confirm this IMHO