The English Football Thread

Steve

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged to strip Harry Maguire of captaincy and hand armband to Paul Pogba

https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/2020-06-13-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-urged-to-strip-harry-maguire-of-captaincy-and-hand-armband-to-paul-p/

Tim Sherwood has bizarrely suggested that Manchester United should take the captain's armband from Harry Maguire and give it to Paul Pogba instead.

Speaking to Premier League Productions, the former Tottenham manager said: "In my opinion, I think these players like Pogba are very hard to come by in the world of football.

"I would keep him and I would give him the armband straight away hoping that he could gain some responsibility from having the armband at the football club and want to stay there.

"Maguire is happy he's at Man United. This boy [Pogba] could play at any club in the world. Pogba is a top footballer and could play for anyone. I'm giving him the armband then making him stay at the football club.

"I will go all out to keep him at the football club, I would try everything possible, talk to him and say, 'I'll give you the armband, you'll be the leader'. Added responsibility and hopefully that’ll mature this boy into a top player."

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

it's a marvel how Leicester with such an average team are sitting comfortably 3rd in the league. We have a far superior squad and yet they have been so much more consistent. really have to ask ourself that question. Rodgers has developed greatly as a coach. His back 4 is extremely well organised.

And Vardy is still looking so sharp for his age. Not playing top level football for some time really elongates your career it seems. His face looks 40 but his legs no older than 29.

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The exact same thing Söyüncü did there on Sarr got Pogba a penalty  yesterday. Double standards whereever you look

Nothing new in the Prem. The level of officiating is abysmal and has been for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sarr absolutely burned Chilwell for pace there. Otherwise he has looked solid but he really should not be eaten that easily especially if his pace his one of his strengths.

For 80 bloody million Chilwell has looked average. 

I stand by what I've said from the beginning. He's only a slightly better version of Emerosn. 

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Michael Oliver overall (even though I bitch about him) is pretty decent

not much after him

any ref I mention I will get flamed, but I think Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg were decent

All bent and you know it sister.....MC? are you serious mate? The battle of the Bridge wasny enough proof how bent he is? HW gesus christ.....that guy single handidly helped fergie to multiple titles. BTW isnt it weird that cunt bruno can dive in every game and he gets no punishment or shame....

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For 80 bloody million Chilwell has looked average. 

I stand by what I've said from the beginning. He's only a slightly better version of Emerosn. 

He got done by Sarr a couple of times by Watford's most dangerous player but going forward he has looked really good going forward.

Chilwell definitely looks vulnerable when a direct, extremely fast winger runs at him. Very tidy on the ball and dangerous when he's surging forward, though.

He's nowhere near an £80m player but I'd take him for sure if he's £40-50m. Let's see if he's really intent on leaving or not.