The English Football Thread

Steve

Michy Batshuayi 30 goals over last 2 seasons (only nine this year), and only 3 assists, BUT 9 of those goals were in his only good spell since we have bought him (his short stint at Dortmund) and only 7 goals in the EPL (would have been only FOUR if he had not bagged three total in the last 2 games for Palace against pure shit teams), plus a huge FAIL on a decent Valencia team that should have been tailor-made for him
Most of his non Dortmund goals have been garbage slop, going back to when we bought him
He is terrible at hold-up play, he is just a lucky poacher (especially 3 years ago)
c5bd1a88d3fd499d457ac867e6a460f0.pngb96b6613f201a56f01b479cf565633dd.png
Gabriel Jesus
38 goals, 11 assist in only a little over a full seasons minutes over the past two years, 20 EPL goals included in only around 2/3rds of a ONE full EPL season's total minutes included
6e12bef2251ba5a8cc0197056a5ccc2c.png5cdd0a9938c94dbcf983119c3d0e3382.png

Bats is better than Giroud or Higs, but then again so is 35yo Glen Murray atm (52 goals the past 3 years, including 25 goals in EPL league games over 2 part-time (minutes-wise) seasons) on a HORRID Brighton team where he is stranded up top utterly alone most of the time
Last two seasons where he's rarely had a run of games or had stability. I believe he would easily score 20+ goals if he was a regular for us, but it doesn't seem like he'll ever get the chance.

With that mind, get rid of such individuals for everyone's sake.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Last two seasons where he's rarely had a run of games or had stability. I believe he would easily score 20+ goals if he was a regular for us, but it doesn't seem like he'll ever get the chance.

With that mind, get rid of such individuals for everyone's sake.

Do not get me wrong, I could totally be oki with Bats, Morata (by far the most controversial of the 3 and he does not want to come back, plus with Griezmann leaving, AM will deffo buy him I am sure)and Tammy as our strikers (due to the bans)

My only disagreement was in comparing him (Bats) to Jesus who I think is going to end up being a superb striker, whether at Shitty or elsewhere.

I have a horrible feeling in my gut that we are going to renew Higs (what a fucking waste of over £44m over 18 months) and keep Giroud, and maybe just call up Tammy.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Do not get me wrong, I could totally be oki with Bats, Morata (by far the most controversial of the 3 and he does not want to come back, plus with Griezmann leaving, AM will deffo buy him I am sure)and Tammy as our strikers (due to the bans)

My only disagreement was in comparing him (Bats) to Jesus who I think is going to end up being a superb striker, whether at Shitty or elsewhere.

I have a horrible feeling in my gut that we are going to renew Higs (what a fucking waste of over £44m over 18 months) and keep Giroud, and maybe just call up Tammy.

Unfortunately Vesper... the situation we are in is extremely real. With no direction accompanied by footballing sense.... we are making the most basic of errors with our recruitment and squad management. It's making me feel soo depressed to watch us extend Girouds contract and renew Higuains. Blunder after blunder.

I was stating my preference & what I believe team needs more in terms of a CF.

On your second point, it seems likely one of those two scenarios will happen. I'm just shocked the club are backing the manager in a sense, but that isn't saying too much when no one wants the player.

Being repeat offenders is the only thing that could stop the ban being postponed.

Zinedine Zidane admits Gareth Bale no longer fits in his Real Madrid plans: 'Even if I had a fourth sub I would not have brought him on'

Thats ruthless, but I like it. Zidane would fuck our team up, he wouldnt stand for the likes of Willy. A good manager must be ruthless when the time comes, one reason why Fergie was  good.

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Being repeat offenders is the only thing that could stop the ban being postponed.

If you look at the legal basis for why FIFA said no deferral, then you will see why I have been so pessimistic from the beginning, before the bans themselves were even officially announced. Barca and RM got deferrals because the laws were new, but now they are not. That is exactly what FIFA has now stated twice, that we knew the rules, that they were in place for years now, and we still chose to break them. 

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If you look at the legal basis for why FIFA said no deferral, then you will see why I have been so pessimistic from the beginning, before the bans themselves were even officially announced. Barca and RM got deferrals becuase the laws were new, but now they are not. That is exactly what FIFA has now stated twice, that we knew the rules, that they were in place for years now, and we still chose to break them. 

Heads have to roll for this.....if indeed we are guilty. But dont Count on it though, RA's famous was axe has long been replaced by his puppets.

9 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Heads have to roll for this.....if indeed we are guilty. But dont Count on it though, RA's famous was axe has long been replaced by his puppets.

as OhForAGreavsie correctly pointed out months ago, we technically were not even repeat offenders, BUT now, post bans, new shit is coming out via Der Spiegel and Football Leaks, and I am sorely afraid that CAS my end up INCREASING the bans if we push too hard (they have a history of increasing punishments)

If you look at the legal basis for why FIFA said no deferral, then you will see why I have been so pessimistic from the beginning, before the bans themselves were even officially announced. Barca and RM got deferrals becuase the laws were new, but now they are not. That is exactly what FIFA has now stated twice, that we knew the rules, that they were in place for years now, and we still chose to break them. 

As far as I know, we can freeze the ban whilst the CAS appealing is happening. I don't know whether CAS can just throw our appeal out off the grounds you mentioned or whether FIFA can do something to prevent that themselves.

I guess the reports of us delaying our appealing are for good reason.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If you look at the legal basis for why FIFA said no deferral, then you will see why I have been so pessimistic from the beginning, before the bans themselves were even officially announced. Barca and RM got deferrals because the laws were new, but now they are not. That is exactly what FIFA has now stated twice, that we knew the rules, that they were in place for years now, and we still chose to break them. 

Excuse my ignorance but one quick question.  I was under the impression that the infractions that we have been banned for occurred several years back.  It's all fine and good saying that the laws have been in place for years now, but if they were new when the infractions incurred, what's the difference?  Maybe I'm misinformed on the situation.

22 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

As far as I know, we can freeze the ban whilst the CAS appealing is happening. I don't know whether CAS can just throw our appeal out off the grounds you mentioned or whether FIFA can do something to prevent that themselves.

I guess the reports of us delaying our appealing are for good reason.

I think we might just take our medicine now and not try and push it. I see zero reason why CAS would overturn the bans, and it is not automatic they freeze it during appeals, especially after FIFA has twice said no deferral. The club may also be think that even if CAS does freeze it, it might leave so little time to do much this summer, and then we are basically fucked until summer 2021.

1 minute ago, kc_blue said:

Excuse my ignorance but one quick question.  I was under the impression that the infractions that we have been banned for occurred several years back.  It's all fine and good saying that the laws have been in place for years now, but if they were new when the infractions incurred, what's the difference?  Maybe I'm misinformed on the situation.

They happened years after the Barca and RM ones. The rules were already in place.

I think we might just take our medicine now and not try and push it. I see zero reason why CAS would overturn the bans, and it is not automatic they freeze it during appeals, especially after FIFA has twice said no deferral. The club may also be think that even if CAS does freeze it, it might leave so little time to do much this summer, and then we are basically fucked until summer 2021.
The fact we have such a large group out on loan might actually be a plus for once.

In that case it looks like it's time to pay the piper.  It's unfortunate that this has happened at a time when we aren't really in a position to handle it, but that's at the foot of the board and their policies over the past several years.

Just now, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The fact we have such a large group out on loan might actually be a plus for once.

yes, we have a tonne of POTENTIALLY good players out on loan (or proven starters, granted non Chels starters)

the list is long (granted some of these, like Morata are no goes)

bold are my wishes for recall (thsi year or surely next)

England    CB    Jake Clarke-Salter (to Vitesse until 30 June 2019) (turns 22 in September, we need to decide what to do with him, he was great the last 2/3rds of the year at Vitesse)

England    CB    Fikayo Tomori (to Derby County until 30 June 2019)  (turns 22 in December, we need to decide what to do with him as well, I think he really good)

France    CB    Kurt Zouma (to Everton until 30 June 2019)

Czech Republic    CB    Tomáš Kalas (to Bristol City until 30 June 2019) (needs to be sold)

England    LB    Jay Dasilva (to Bristol City until 30 June 2019)

Ghana    LB    Baba Rahman (to Reims until 30 June 2019) (needs to be sold, a bust)

Brazil       LB /LMF   Kenedy (to Newcastle United until 30 June 2019) (needs to be sold)

England    RB    Reece James

Nigeria      RB    Ola Aina (to Torino until 30 June 2019) (Torino wants to buy him perm)

England    RB    Dujon Sterling (to Coventry City until 30 June 2019) (damn shame he is not a LB)

England    DMF    Trevoh Chalobah

France    DMF/CMF   Tiémoué Bakayoko (to Milan until 30 June 2019)

Croatia    CMF   Mario Pašalić (to Atalanta until 30 June 2019)

Netherlands    CMF   Marco van Ginkel (needs to be sold if healthy)

England   AMF    Mason Mount (to Derby County until 30 June 2019) (RLC being gone for probably all of next year means we may have to recall him)

Belgium   AMF/LW    Charly Musonda (to Vitesse until 30 June 2019) (needs to sold, a bust)

Nigeria    RMF/RW    Victor Moses (to Fenerbahçe until 30 June 2020) (may have to be recalled due to lack of winger depth, grrrr)

England    CF    Tammy Abraham (to Aston Villa until 30 June 2019)

Belgium    CF    Michy Batshuayi (to Crystal Palace until 30 June 2019)

Spain    CF    Álvaro Morata (to Atlético Madrid until 30 June 2020) (will surely be sold perm now that Griezmann is leaving AM)

we have some reserve team players with high potential too

CB Marc Guehi

LB Juan Familia-Castillo (more upside than Jay Dasilva), hopefully in a couple years can start to at least be our backup LB

CMF  Billy Gilmour (superb young little MF wizard so far at his level)

CF     Daishawn Redan