Chelsea 3-0 West Ham

BlueLion.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coulda been two assists if Anelka had slotted his chance in as well.

Wonderful ball to Torres from Anelka. That's exactly what you want to see all through the game. Slide it in, Torres will run onto and do his job. It doesn't always work but do it a few times a game and he'll convert enough of them.

Here's a comment I found on a Romanian shitty website that copy/pastes articles from goal.com:

I remember when Zidane went to Madrid. His first season there was awful, and the media was mocking him permanently. In the second season the journalists started to excuse themselves, specially after that amazing goal against Bayer Leverkusen in the UCL final. That might happen with Torres too. You can't say a football player is awful after he played so many years really weel for Liverpool and Atletico. If next season he scores 30 goals, will you have the power to say "We're sorry, Fernando!"?

So, fuck the media.

That cross by Cole for Lampard's goal - world class stuff there.

Amen to that!

I could add that I'm relieved that I saw Nando and Malouda hugging after the French-man's goal. I was keep living with the sensation that Florend doesn't like Torres.

Moving on from the Torres excitement..

We've still got a lot of work to do in midfield. We could've been really punished today if West Ham had taken their chances. We're becoming more & more prone to counter-attack threats than we've ever had. When Terry & co go up for set pieces they need to get back quicker otherwise stronger teams will find that weakness within us. With Essien picking up an injury tonight (hopefully not a serious one) it'll mean more time for Mikel (hopefully) so that'll keep the balance. If Essien is out for the foreseeable future then I'd suggest our midfield were:

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

However, rotation between Ramires/Benayoun should also be taken into consideration as both come with their benefits and drawbacks. I prefer Ramires to Benayoun when starting games because Ramires gives our midfield stability and he's got the ability to hold the ball. His attack instincts are not as sharp as Benyoun's so if we're deadlocked in the 70th minute mark, then Benayoun should be brought on for Ramires.