Chelsea 3-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

Takes some balls not to play Abramovich's new pet.

Naah , if he had balls he would have done that against man utd , or played bruma against sunderland , or played sturridge when Drogba had malaria , or given more chances to mceacehran ......

he must have read some newspaper and found out how much he is blamed for starting torres in the UCL instead of Drogba , and he thought i will play Drogba to avoid all the blame .

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I'm happy with the lineup (since the debut of our 'bad moment' I mean). In the last game we have finaly seen a team which play what we can call football. So I'm happy to see the same team.

The thing is, the 4-3-3 formation is the best formation for our team so there's only room for one striker. It's only logical you pick the in-form Drogba over the out of form Torres.

i would have agreed with you if this game had any importance but the truth is we are out of title race and doesn't really matter if we are 2nd or 3rd .

so in that case we , we should prepare for the next season which torres will be vital in . so this is a perfect opportunity to let him get back on the right track with out piles of pressure on his shoulder .

Takes some balls not to play Abramovich's new pet.

Agree, he got really BIG balls now, or maybe he has come to a point saying, i do it my way, and you can give me

the highway, i don`t care anymore?. So let`s see how long he waits before he brings Torres?.

8 minutes last Saturday.

If the same happens today and against West Ham...I think that pretty much answers our question on whether or not Ancelotti is going to be around next season. I can't imagine Ancelotti being here next season and yet not bothering to integrate Torres better now and making sure he's not at rock bottom confidence in the summer. I understand trying to win the league or placing 2nd...but playing Torres 10 minutes here and there, is not good man management.

I think with Mikel in our midfield, we'll be a lot more solid in the middle! We might not have Ramires' pace, but we'll have the reliability in Mikel to get in and amongst the tackles in the middle of the park.

I just hope he doesn't get booked early :whistling:

Oh god, Czech fans can't get over Ferreira being in the XI and are insulting him. Fuck them, they know fuck all.

If he was up against quality I'd be worried. But tonight i'm not too fussed.

The thing is, the 4-3-3 formation is the best formation for our team so there's only room for one striker. It's only logical you pick the in-form Drogba over the out of form Torres.

But how is he going to get into form if he doesn;t get games? Ordinarily Id agree that the in form striker should start but this situation is a different in that we are banking our future on Torres, not Drogba, so Torres should be our priority.

i would have agreed with you if this game had any importance but the truth is we are out of title race and doesn't really matter if we are 2nd or 3rd .

so in that case we , we should prepare for the next season which torres will be vital in . so this is a perfect opportunity to let him get back on the right track with out piles of pressure on his shoulder .

I get what you mean but you just can't bench Drogba when he's in this form.

But how is he going to get into form if he doesn;t get games? Ordinarily Id agree that the in form striker should start but this situation is a different in that we are banking our future on Torres, not Drogba, so Torres should be our priority.

Nah I don't agree with all that Torres is our future talk. Torres will (probably) be part of our future but he won't win us anything without a great team behind him. And if he doesn't deliver the goods, Abramovich will just bring in someone else.

And btw, Torres being in good/great form now doesn't guaranteee anything for next season.

I get what you mean but you just can't bench Drogba when he's in this form.

Drogba is a superb CF and when in form he is a real beast , but the question now is which one is more important for the future ?

and what will we do if Drogba is on form and torres is on form next season , if we played both it will never work .

let's face it torres is here now , and our beloved Drogba will have to make way for him whether we like it or not , it is for the future benefit of the team.

Nah I don't agree with all that Torres is our future talk. Torres will (probably) be part of our future but he won't win us anything without a great team behind him. And if he doesn't deliver the goods, Abramovich will just bring in someone else.

And btw, Torres being in good/great form now doesn't guaranteee anything for next season.

Torres is or future and our here and now so needs to be starting,he's barely had a full game.

Nah I don't agree with all that Torres is our future talk. Torres will (probably) be part of our future but he won't win us anything with a great team behind him. And if he doesn't deliver the goods, Abramovich will just bring in someone else.

I doubt Abramovich has spent 50 million pound on Torres for a laugh, he is banking on him to be the main man at Chelsea for years to come (just as Drogba has been Chelsea's main man for years), its vital that he performs but instead of playing him in a game like tonight where there isn't as much pressure on him as there would have been in a Champions League quater final at Old Trafford, he is stuck on the bench. It just doesn't make sense, the only explination seems to be that Ancelotti is on his way out in the Summer anyway and for the new few weeks he will do it his way (which is with Drogba)

Drogba is a superb CF and when in form he is a real beast , but the question now is which one is more important for the future ?

and what will we do if Drogba is on form and torres is on form next season , if we played both it will never work .

let's face it torres is here now , and our beloved Drogba will have to make way for him whether we like it or not , it is for the future benefit of the team.

No I'm talking about how he'll react, everybody knows how influential he is within the squad.