Chelsea 3-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our last games with Birmingham suggest this will be a low-scoring game. get ready for some frustration!

Drogba needs to start this! Benayoun could help too, he's very creative eyebrows.gif

Haha yeah I remember that one - they nicked one off a mistake by us on a long ball (Bowyer I think) and then defended for 80 minutes with us having 15 or 20 shots.

I agree about Benayoun too, but I doubt Carlo will change a winning team, and if he does, how will he fit him into our 4-3-3.

If Arsenal draw with Tottenham at White Hart Lane and we win, we'll be going 2nd even if we win 1:0. We're level on goal difference at the moment.

All very true. Let's hope we don't screw it up then!

..Who am I kidding, of course we will :lol:

It will be a case of picking a team that will either try to use physical force to break their defence down (Drogba, Essien, Lampard) or using creative passing and running of defenders to try and unlock thier defensive lines (Benayoun, Ramires, Torres), so take your pick.

Bear in mind last time we tried to use more physical tactics and were unlucky not to get something out of a stern rock solid Birmingham line.

Bear in mind last time we tried to use more physical tactics and were unlucky not to get something out of a stern rock solid Birmingham line.

It's interesting that you say that because after I made my last post about not changing a winning team, I thought about the exact same thing you did and I wondered if playing Torres from the start wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. They get a lot of men behind the ball and 3 out of their first choice back 4 are centre halves (Ridgewell is played at left back) so physicality would something right up their alley, but maybe pace in behind isn't.

I think Ancelotti should start Torres, after all he did score on Saturday (OK OK, I know it was ruled offside), but I think it will give him the motivation to score more :whistling: Don't think he should play for the full 90 minutes, but just enough to score a hatrick :D

All very true. Let's hope we don't screw it up then!

..Who am I kidding, of course we will :lol:

If I'm honest with you, I've got a feeling that we will win against Birmingham. Let's face it, Foster had the game of his career and we must have had the worst game. We had so many shots on target, few super saves, few bad misses, posts, bars, crossbars - we saw everything in that game, so that makes me believe we can do it this time, and we will be playing at the Bridge. What I'm not confident about though is that Tottenham might roll over and Arsenal pick up 3 points, now that would be typical wouldn't it? Let's hope all that "derby talk" and Arsenal's woes have gotten to them!

What I'm not confident about though is that Tottenham might roll over and Arsenal pick up 3 points, now that would be typical wouldn't it? Let's hope all that "derby talk" and Arsenal's woes have gotten to them!

Why would Spurs roll over?