West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

He said youth won't be involved so the standard..

Oh well *sigh*...

Then my team :

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel

Essien - Benayoun

Kalou - Drogba - Zhirkov

I would start Drogba. He has proved that he is the best option we have in attack, and one of our best players, if not the best, since the start of the month. I would like to play Benayoun behind him in the 4-4-2 shape, but Ramires is injured so Benayoun has to step back to replace him in the midfield. Therefore, the 4-3-3 appeares to me as the best formation... My winger would be Zhirkov and Kalou. Yeah I know Kalou isn't good when he's playing in that position, but Malouda and Anelka shouldn't be any near of the pitch (everyone know why) and Benayoun is already in the midfield.

About Torres, I would just give him 30-35 minutes in the second half. At the moment he is nothing but a waste of space.

Lampard has to be benched, he has yet to play a good game (= he doesn't deserve to play) plus he can't play week in week out, otherwise at this rate he will soon have to end up his career. On the contrary, Mikel has to start. If he can't start with an off form Lampard and an injured Ramires, then he will never play (oh, I said the same thing about Sturridge). The place remaining is to Essien. Even if he has been in a bad form lately, he is still more usefull than Lampard (for instance he has provide the assist tuesday night, on Drogba's goal).

The defense isn't a problem, so the same back four as usual will do. There's just one thing I would like to see : Ivanovic and Luiz switch their place during the game (like they did at Fulham).

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are banking our future on Torres and we know we cant win the league then what is the point of starting with Drogba and Anelka up front? Two players who could be on their way out in the Summer, what Torres needs are games to continue to develop his relationship with his new team mates and maybe in games like this where there is less pressure on the team as a whole he is more likely to score that vital first goal. Would also love to see Yossi get a start.

This makes sense but if it's true Ancelotti is on his way out, next season isn't his concern. And he doesn't have to care about incorporating Torres into Chelsea's future, he will only worry about results for the rest of this season.

-----------------Cech-------------------

--Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

-----------------Essien------------------

---------Lampard -Benayoun-----

-----Drogba--Torres--Malouda------

Put Mikel instead of Essien, Essien in Lampard's place and we're fine.

We need Drogba upfront, Torres benched. Drogba needs to keep fighting.

I refer you to this

If we are banking our future on Torres and we know we cant win the league then what is the point of starting with Drogba and Anelka up front? Two players who could be on their way out in the Summer, what Torres needs are games to continue to develop his relationship with his new team mates and maybe in games like this where there is less pressure on the team as a whole he is more likely to score that vital first goal. Would also love to see Yossi get a start.

I refer you to this

Points are needed, Drogba has way more of a chance to score than Torres, he's more effective, plus i think he deserves it for the other night. The future can wait.

We've got nothing to win this season..finishing 3rd/2nd least be a small consalation.Not gana be easy seeing West Brom typically on a good run but hopfully...can start to make up for the two shite performances against Man U! Time to start looking like the team we once were and pass to the right players...run around! Chase the ball not sit back and watch it go up the other end.And none of this 'I want to try to score' bollocks.If someones free pass for christ sake!!

Dont make this week even shitter Chels! We loose our game in hand advantage really this weekend seeing we play it on Weds and god knows when City get there done with

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Torres must start every game 'till the end of the season. He hasn't scored yet, granted. But, like a previous poster said, he needs to keep playing to gel with the team, to get that first goal. I would also like to see some of the youths get some game time, but only some more substitute appearances considering there still is 3rd place to play for.

Although I said Torres would be a proper signing once the new campaing begins, it would not be logic to not play him, as he needs to get into the team properly. He has to understand the new system and although there will be time in the summer, the sooner he gets used to the team, the better for EVERYBODY.

Although I said Torres would be a proper signing once the new campaing begins, it would not be logic to not play him, as he needs to get into the team properly. He has to understand the new system and although there will be time in the summer, the sooner he gets used to the team, the better for EVERYBODY.

Fair point, but how would the other players feel if they had to adapt into a team to suit one other player. It might be tough for the other players to adapt to the new system, while they have been so used to the system they've used week in week out. That's the object of chemistry in a starting eleven. They need to be used to the set-up they're played in every week so they can gel as a unit and score loads of goals. I reckon our 1-0 home defeat to Liverpool was a prime example of that. Ancelotti took a gamble and he used Torres up front with Drogba. I think he picked the wrong game to gamble.

Fair point, but how would the other players feel if they had to adapt into a team to suit one other player. It might be tough for the other players to adapt to the new system, while they have been so used to the system they've used week in week out. That's the object of chemistry in a starting eleven. They need to be used to the set-up they're played in every week so they can gel as a unit and score loads of goals. I reckon our 1-0 home defeat to Liverpool was a prime example of that. Ancelotti took a gamble and he used Torres up front with Drogba. I think he picked the wrong game to gamble.

Fair point as well. Torres is a star up front and all the players know that and are aware of the fact that they can profit from it. The change can't be made during one night and everything is up to the manager how he can handle the whole situation. So far, it hasn't been so great but hard work will make it happen, no doubt. It is never easy to change something that used to work quite well though. Again, down to the players' mentality and manager's ability.

With Benayoun recovered and with the whole team playing decent I believe Torres can score. He really needs a goal. I'm getting tired of all these jokes and media horseshit.

But please, no 4-4-2...

Shame that we can't play at least one match with whole squad healthy...