Grant Equals Mourinho Record

BlueLion.

As has been said theres been countless threads on this. Same old ground. Theres a vast proportion of Chelsea that'll never support him, and I'm in that camp.

You're right he wouldn't turn down the job, he wangled and positioned himself to get it. Hes a useless lump, imo, and Ten Cates and Clarke are doing a sterling job. If Grant dropped dead tomorrow (please!!) , it would not affect Chelsea Football Club one iota. But we would get someone in , anyone, who would be better.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said theres been countless threads on this. Same old ground. Theres a vast proportion of Chelsea that'll never support him, and I'm in that camp.

You're right he wouldn't turn down the job, he wangled and positioned himself to get it. Hes a useless lump, imo, and Ten Cates and Clarke are doing a sterling job. If Grant dropped dead tomorrow (please!!) , it would not affect Chelsea Football Club one iota. But we would get someone in , anyone, who would be better.

There is no doubt that it is the collective work of Grant, Ten Cate and Clarke that has been responsible for the excellant results. However Grant does have to take some credit for that as does Clarke and Ten Cate.

At the end of the day the general feeling towards Grant is cooling, which considering where we are is no big suprise. People may not accept him outright and support him in the way Jose did. However should we be successful and winning trophys i would imagine that most the negativity will quickly be forgotten. (Cue countless people telling me they will never accept Grant :D )

Thats pathetic FB.

"He wrangled his way into it"? How? By accepting a job as director of football? Again, he was hardly going to say no was he? No disrespect to Portsmouth, but i'm sure most would rather have that job here than there.

"He's (Grant) a useless lump" and "and Ten Cates and Clarke are doing a sterling job", why is it that way round? Do you see our training sessions every day?

As for your "I hope he drops dead tomorrow" comment, I think thats just pathetic. Your team and your manager need your support, so sort it out.

No one particularly 'likes' Avram, but hes doing a good job, and he deserves credit.

Yes, we all doubted his ability at the start, but he's done very little wrong. He's not a character like Jose was, so what? As much as I loved Jose for that, its kind of nice having the press off our backs a little bit in that respect.

jeez man so harsh, he really is not doing to bad of a job and he is slowly slowly showing more passion for his job like when we scored the goal against everton i saw him smile it made me laugh lol i really dont mind him as for when he first started

No one particularly 'likes' Avram, but hes doing a good job, and he deserves credit.

Yes, we all doubted his ability at the start, but he's done very little wrong. He's not a character like Jose was, so what? As much as I loved Jose for that, its kind of nice having the press off our backs a little bit in that respect.

and i agree with you 100% mate, he has done nothing wrong really maybe just a few stupid subs once and a while, and yes the credit is there for him from my end

Edited by STEV3O

I'm a bit confused about the whole Grant-slating thing.

He was offered the job - he wasn't going to say no was he? Who would?

Yes, he's not Jose, but he's doing a good job. 1 defeat in his last 27 games I think, 4 points off the top, CC Final, qualified from a tough-ish CL group, and still in the FA Cup.

He wasn't the fans ideal replacement, but he was given the job, and theres nothing we can do to change that.

He's done an excellent job up to now, in a difficult time for the club. Alot of people expected us to crumble, but we haven't without upto 8 of his normal first team.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have Jose over him every single time, but thats not going to happen, so just support the manager - please.

Yeah spot on. The entire point of this thread is that we have gone places since Grant has come in, and shows that he isn't doing a bad job at all.

Grant is doing a fair job,all these fine results can't be all ''lucky'' as most of the fans say.He may not be a major name in football but so far he is doing his job gets behind the team and does not talk crap to media as Jose used to do,and by doing that he brought Chelsea to a bad name.

Grant is doing a fair job,all these fine results can't be all ''lucky'' as most of the fans say.He may not be a major name in football but so far he is doing his job gets behind the team and does not talk crap to media as Jose used to do,and by doing that he brought Chelsea to a bad name.

Yes and lots of lovely silverware too, that nasty, nasty, loud mouthed man. :rolleyes:

Every manager has to make their name somewhere. Some have to start low and build up, whilst others get lucky and get a top job, like Grant.

Thanks for the laugh be it intentioned or not.

Still, lets not get on Avrams case, I don't really rate the guy despite everyone now banging on about the fact he has equalled Jose's record - I should be impressed but hell I'm just not. It will take more than beating the teams he has in the manner he has done generally to get me all cock a hoop.

But he is doing a very good job so far considering his background credentials and the flak he had to endure (created by his boss it has to be said) when Mourinho left.

He still drives me crazy with all this talk of attacking, positive football and constant digs at the previous incumbent but I've learned to deal with that by turning the TV and radio off when he comes on.

I really find that hard to take in :lol:

This guy is the definition of falling in shite and coming up smelling of roses :P

At the end of the day we're in there where it matters. The squads far better prepared this year to cope with injuries etc....so in a way it doesnt really surprise me.

Yes he is, he could win us the champions league this year and I still would find it hard to rate him as a top coach utterly crazy as that sounds, I just look at him, listen to him and think how the f**k did you get this job on merit?

And yes I know what the answer to that is!

He's got more Jam than fucking Hartley's, Personally, I'd rather have my sex organs pickled in vinegar than praise the cunt :readthemessage:

I'm just going down this thread responding here and there and I choked on my tea - you sure have a way with words mate! :D

Yes he is, he could win us the champions league this year and I still would find it hard to rate him as a top coach utterly crazy as that sounds, I just look at him, listen to him and think how the f**k did you get this job on merit?

And yes I know what the answer to that is!

Absolutely agree with that, cant actually see him winning it, but irrespective of whether he wins us anything or not I won't be drawn into believing that a man who can't string a coherent sentence together has actually 'managed' anything more than his bank account during his time at Chelsea.

I'm a bit confused about the whole Grant-slating thing.

He was offered the job - he wasn't going to say no was he? Who would?

Yes, he's not Jose, but he's doing a good job. 1 defeat in his last 27 games I think, 4 points off the top, CC Final, qualified from a tough-ish CL group, and still in the FA Cup.

He wasn't the fans ideal replacement, but he was given the job, and theres nothing we can do to change that.

He's done an excellent job up to now, in a difficult time for the club. Alot of people expected us to crumble, but we haven't without upto 8 of his normal first team.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have Jose over him every single time, but thats not going to happen, so just support the manager - please.

I would have refused the job, if it had been offered to me. Why?, because I aint got not experience, yet I've been trawling round the wee grounds following Chelsea for fuck knows how many years, what qualifications has he got that I haven't? I have one that he aint....Moral fibre, If he was half the man he would have accepted that, in no way was qualified for this position, But he bit and took the wedge, shouldnt be surprised, yid after all.

Esk, I'm starting to worry about you, a person who's glass is always half full. Cant see the wood for the tree's.

Also, has anyone ever bothered to notice that it seems the older guard are against the handbrake, whilst the newer ones are coming round to him? One can only wonder, perhaps they think they know best eh? :lol:

Edited by changingman2000

Thats pathetic FB.

"He wrangled his way into it"? How? By accepting a job as director of football? Again, he was hardly going to say no was he? No disrespect to Portsmouth, but i'm sure most would rather have that job here than there.

"He's (Grant) a useless lump" and "and Ten Cates and Clarke are doing a sterling job", why is it that way round? Do you see our training sessions every day?

As for your "I hope he drops dead tomorrow" comment, I think thats just pathetic. Your team and your manager need your support, so sort it out.

Pathetic? why?, because his point doesnt conspire with yours? Tell me dear boy, what BIG team has he beaten? and please dont bang on about Liverpool in the worthless?, proof's in the pudding

Also, has anyone ever bothered to notice that it seems the oldwer guard are against the handbrake, whilst the newer ones are coming round to him? One can only wonder, perhaps they think they know best eh? :lol:

You don't go to CFCNet, I guess...

Should I?, and your point is? and sorry, but pray tell, just when did Chelsea first tug at your heart strings?

Yes, you should. No offense but the posts there have A LOT more quality than here. If people here says pluto's posts are good, you should check out the posts there, her posts don't hold a candle against several of the members there IMO.

I'm a glory hunter. Happy now? ^_^

Pathetic? why?, because his point doesnt conspire with yours? Tell me dear boy, what BIG team has he beaten? and please dont bang on about Liverpool in the worthless?, proof's in the pudding

What would happen if he beats a big club? for example United,Arsenal etc....would you respect him more? Doubt it -_-