Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Whereas if we sign Lewandowski.....what?? He's had two good seasons in a tough league. There are absolutely no guarantees and anyone suggesting otherwise is a fucking moron.

That's why I use the word 'if' a lot because that's what surrounds any transfer. There are great discussions to be had around Rooney the player fitting into our squad, but most people want to write him off, that he's in a decline and that he's just not good looking enough.

I would like to coach Rooney, as much for his football as for his mentality.

That's what Mourinho said about Rooney in 2010. Mourinho understands mentality is more important than almost any other attribute in football and it's something that certain people on here having got the first fucking clue about.

My personal take on the possibility of Roooney joining us is the general feeling I get from others. It's not that Rooney wouldn't fit our squad because it is a footballing fact that Rooney is a prooven success in the BPL. He would be a success in any team that features in the Premier League and Europe when playing at his best. What stops me from wanting him here is that we are obviously in the process of building our own identity as on the field. We have an identity as a club but weather the fans like it or not, we are peeling our old skin and revieling a new body of players in the mould of flair, pace and creativity. Rooney will alwayys be apart of what United have been doing over the past 7 years plus. We took on a declining Torres who hasn't cut it here and deep in the memories of us all we know the peak of his career was as a Liverpool player not a Chelsea player. I fear if Rooney was to join us and for whatever reason didn't have atleast one successfull 20 plus goalscoring season, then we could be mentally damaged for a long time when regarding future signings. We need a new and exciting face to spearhead our attack, somebody who hasn't played in England before. Yes if we are to buy Lewa or Falcao which is looking unlikely and they flop we will be all raging and ranting that we made a mistake but if we buy Rooney and he doesn't bring the goals and presence that we lack up top then just imagine the mental scar it would leave after buying both a deadwood Torres and a flopping Rooney. I could be wrong and Rooney could be a major success here for the next 4 or 5 seasons considering his talent and prooven success at United but I'd rather not take my chances and see Cavani or someone else with less stigma surrounding him if he were to join.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Sport @BBCSport

Sir Alex Ferguson on Wayne Rooney transfer request: “We have refused it. He should go away and think it over."

Sir Alex Ferguson: "[Rooney] is not happy he has been taken off a few times this season."

Asked by @BBCSport if Wayne Rooney will be at #mufc next season, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It is not my decision now.”

Rooney has won the Champions League and scored in the final. He's also proved himself in the Premier League, again and again.

I like Lewandowski and I think he fits our system better than players like Falcao, but Rooney is (on his day) on another level. He's a leader and a fighter and we need that....we need another Drogba. Not really seen that in Lewandowski up to this point.

Yeah but that was in the past.Lewandowski is the present plus he has a knack of scoring in the big games like drigba.

Chelsea football club ready to submit transfer offer for #Rooney. #MUFC #CFC

Neil Ashton [Dailymail Correspondent]: "As things stand Wayne Rooney wants to be a Chelsea player. Ashley Cole his big mate."

It will be stupid for Rooney to stay. If this was his first TR, then he can stay and say he made a mistake etc, like he did last time and the fans reluctantly forgave him. Not so sure it will be that easy a 2nd time around, and personally i can't support a player who hands in a TR, he simply has to gtfo.

Rooney has won the Champions League and scored in the final. He's also proved himself in the Premier League, again and again.

I like Lewandowski and I think he fits our system better than players like Falcao, but Rooney is (on his day) on another level. He's a leader and a fighter and we need that....we need another Drogba. Not really seen that in Lewandowski up to this point.

If that is the case, then why would United even want to sell him? The fact is, great and consistent performances from Rooney has too few and far between in the past 3 years. He may have scored goals here and there but his form otherwise have been appalling for someone of his supposed quality. And more importantly, he has an attitude problem. Seem to throw tantrums around when things aren't going his way. Never seem to take care of his own fitness during off season and always come back into new season looking rather unfit. If even Ferguson has had problems dealing with him, why would we want Rooney here?

After 2 years of frustrations with Torres, think we could do with getting a ST who is on the up, not down like Rooney IMO, consistently performs and scores goals for us. And also, a ST that doesn't have any deficiencies like Torres or one that won't attract controversies like Rooney would. Buying him would be a major risk.

If that is the case, then why would United even want to sell him? The fact is, great and consistent performances from Rooney has too few and far between in the past 3 years. He may have scored goals here and there but his form otherwise have been appalling for someone of his supposed quality. And more importantly, he has an attitude problem. Seem to throw tantrums around when things aren't going his way. Never seem to take care of his own fitness during off season and always come back into new season looking rather unfit. If even Ferguson has had problems dealing with him, why would we want Rooney here?

After 2 years of frustrations with Torres, think we could do with getting a ST who is on the up, not down like Rooney IMO, consistently performs and scores goals for us. And also, a ST that doesn't have any deficiencies like Torres or one that won't attract controversies like Rooney would. Buying him would be a major risk.

exactly he just isnt consistent anymore! he had a great game against City in December scoring 2 goals but since then there are not many other stand out games from him if any.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You