Wayne Rooney

J.F.

What is funny is there was a flock of people on the Falcao board and even Cavani bringing this he will be another Torres shit up, yet the most likely transfer to be another Torres is this one, infact im seeing alarming similarities.

Rooney last season reminded me of Torres in 09/10, still scoring but there were some real signs of decline then we get linked with him. To answer TOPTB question can player decline as early as 27? ofcourse infact even earlier, do you remember that blonde whore that's still leaching off our club? we signed him at TWENTY SIX years off age.

If it came down to £53m Cavani or £30m Rooney then the Uraguay wins every time, and don't bring this "well Rooney's PL proven" remember when we signed PL proven Torres over Aguero? :rolleyes:

I think it's a fair point to compare him to Torres because they both play in this country and have had poor seasons.....but that's about it. Torres decline has been marked by a loss of that explosive pace that made him such a threat at Atletico and Liverpool. Rooney never relied on that. He was much more about technique and power, workrate and intelligent movement and those are things I don't see him having lost over the last year.

That's why I don't see any similarities beyond the superficial.

I do think Cavani could be a great player for us, but I simply think that Rooney has the potential to be better in this team and under Mourinho. i think he offers something that we might be lacking in terms of aggression and I think United know that which is why he almost certainly won't be joining us.

But I think there's something more pernicious and unsavoury about some of the criticism he's faced and it's something very unique to English culture.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a fair point to compare him to Torres because they both play in this country and have had poor seasons.....but that's about it. Torres decline has been marked by a loss of that explosive pace that made him such a threat at Atletico and Liverpool. Rooney never relied on that. He was much more about technique and power, workrate and intelligent movement and those are things I don't see him having lost over the last year.

That's why I don't see any similarities beyond the superficial.

I do think Cavani could be a great player for us, but I simply think that Rooney has the potential to be better in this team and under Mourinho. i think he offers something that we might be lacking in terms of aggression and I think United know that which is why he almost certainly won't be joining us.

But I think there's something more pernicious and unsavoury about some of the criticism he's faced and it's something very unique to English culture.

I don't see how Rooney would be better in this team...people are hoping that Mourinho will make him play like a 30 goal a season striker...but there's every chance he becomes a flop like Torres at Chelsea.

It would be a massive risk bringing someone like Rooney to this football club...it could tarnish the club's image and he might not even get along with our key players

I don't see how Rooney would be better in this team...people are hoping that Mourinho will make him play like a 30 goal a season striker...but there's every chance he becomes a flop like Torres at Chelsea.

It would be a massive risk bringing someone like Rooney to this football club...it could tarnish the club's image and he might not even get along with our key players

exactly! Cavani is a much better fit for us! we don't need someone like Rooney being our number 9 as he will start dropping deep to try to get involved in some passing with Mata, Hazard, Kdb and Oscar which we don't need him to do! we need a number 9 who will occupy the CB's to allow our creative players to work their magic, Cavani is more of a presence as well and more of a focal point for our creative boys to work off of!

And of course a much much better striker than Rooney will ever be!

i can see and understand why people are comparing rooney and torres. out-of-form, on a decline, poor last season, but one thing that separates these 2 is their ATTITUDE. where torres likes to be a sulking bitch, rooney is a fighter. even if he has a bad day up front, he makes it up with his workrate and defensive contribution. so seriously speaking i dont think its fair to rooney to already be comparing him to some1 like floppes.

all this said i would prefer cavani over this guy, especially if the current rumors of 40m+floppes has any truth to it. that is 2 birds, 1 stone.

i can see and understand why people are comparing rooney and torres. out-of-form, on a decline, poor last season, but one thing that separates these 2 is their ATTITUDE. where torres likes to be a sulking bitch, rooney is a fighter. even if he has a bad day up front, he makes it up with his workrate and defensive contribution. so seriously speaking i dont think its fair to rooney to already be comparing him to some1 like floppes.

all this said i would prefer cavani over this guy, especially if the current rumors of 40m+floppes has any truth to it. that is 2 birds, 1 stone.

HAHA! Rooney was sulking like a baby all last season because he was no longer the main man for United! whereas Torres was the one who fought for his place in the team when Ba came in and actually improved! He must have felt like crap on Ba's debut when he scored 2 goals, i thought that would break Torres but it never it actually motivated him and he got in the gym and worked hard as well as on the training ground! and you could see the improvements in his game towards the end of the season. Whereas Rooney ended up handing in a transfer request because he couldn't take the fact that RVP is top dog at United now!

I don't see how it tarnishes this club's image in the slightest. To me that's just more of the tabloid bullshit that most sports fans couldn't give a shit about and that's without mentioning his massive marketability which runs contrary to the suggestion you're making.

As for what he brings to the football side of things, one of the great things he brings is versatility. He can play in the hole which enables us to bring Lukaku through whilst also resting someone like Mata. But as a pure striker I like the fact that he can play on the last man whilst also having the vision and ability to bring other players into the game, which is going to be key when you have players like Hazard, Mata, Oscar and possibly Schurrle playing behind him. He's strong, has a great eye for a goal and has done it at the very highest level.

That doesn't mean Cavani can't do the same thing (for about £20 million more) but there's every chance he's a flop too.

One more point - this talk of a decline. It seems to have been brought up by someone without any evidence or context to support it (what a fucking surprise eh?). Is Aguero also on a decline? He had a worse season than Rooney did last year, and also the year before yet no-one seems to be suggesting he's on a downwards trajectory. In fact at least one person has suggested he's a better striker than Rooney. It's amazing how people can be influenced by gossip rags and tabloid shit.

HAHA! Rooney was sulking like a baby all last season because he was no longer the main man for United! whereas Torres was the one who fought for his place in the team when Ba came in and actually improved! He must have felt like crap on Ba's debut when he scored 2 goals, i thought that would break Torres but it never it actually motivated him and he got in the gym and worked hard as well as on the training ground! and you could see the improvements in his game towards the end of the season. Whereas Rooney ended up handing in a transfer request because he couldn't take the fact that RVP is top dog at United now!

torres scored 1 goal in PL since jan when BA came in. and for me 2 goals that really mattered (benfica and everton) since that time. rest of the goals were useless pub teams in useless matches on the side of an awful performance. and torres IMPROVED... hahahah... also there was no "fight" for the place. torres and ba were rotated because we played a match every 3rd day, so despite how bad each of them performed they were granted a start every 2nd match.

as for rooney sulking ALL LAST SEASON is bullshit. the point where it all started was THE REAL MADRID 2nd leg where rooney was not included in the 1st team. before that i thought rooney was having a decent season with decent enough performances.

that's true everyone does have different criteria to judge if a player is world class and for me to be truly world class you have to be one of the very best players in your position. I agree Rooney was at that level in 2010 but its 2013 now and Rooney hasn't shown that form consistently in the last 3 years!

Strikers/Freak Goalscorers better than Rooney

Messi

Ronaldo

Cavani

Lewandowski

Falcao

RVP

Ibrahimovic

Suarez

Aguero

Creative Midfielders better than Rooney

Mata

Ozil

Hazard

Iniesta

Gotze

Silva

Bale

Modric

Cazorla

Ribery

Robben

Muller

Reus

Other players up for debate

Oscar

Isco

KdB

Benzema

Higuian

Lavezzi

Fabregas

Hamsik

Neymar

Kiessling

Manduzkic

Lucas

Kroos

El Shaaraway

Gomez

That is why i say Rooney isnt even close! you may think i am being harsh or biased because he plays for united but that is my opinion, i would have any of the players in the first two lists over Rooney anyday!

And how many of those players have we got even a microcosm of signing?

And how many of those players have we got even a microcosm of signing?

That's completely irrelevant! the point i was making is that Rooney is not World Class. Nothing to do with being able to sign those players.

I don't see how it tarnishes this club's image in the slightest. To me that's just more of the tabloid bullshit that most sports fans couldn't give a shit about and that's without mentioning his massive marketability which runs contrary to the suggestion you're making.

As for what he brings to the football side of things, one of the great things he brings is versatility. He can play in the hole which enables us to bring Lukaku through whilst also resting someone like Mata. But as a pure striker I like the fact that he can play on the last man whilst also having the vision and ability to bring other players into the game, which is going to be key when you have players like Hazard, Mata, Oscar and possibly Schurrle playing behind him. He's strong, has a great eye for a goal and has done it at the very highest level.

That doesn't mean Cavani can't do the same thing (for about £20 million more) but there's every chance he's a flop too.

One more point - this talk of a decline. It seems to have been brought up by someone without any evidence or context to support it (what a fucking surprise eh?). Is Aguero also on a decline? He had a worse season than Rooney did last year, and also the year before yet no-one seems to be suggesting he's on a downwards trajectory. In fact at least one person has suggested he's a better striker than Rooney. It's amazing how people can be influenced by gossip rags and tabloid shit.

Aguero has been poor throughout Mancini's reign at the club...but then again when you think about it, half the City squad looked confused and not 100% motivated whilst Mancini was in charge.

I don't get how your comparing Aguero to Rooney.

that's true everyone does have different criteria to judge if a player is world class and for me to be truly world class you have to be one of the very best players in your position. I agree Rooney was at that level in 2010 but its 2013 now and Rooney hasn't shown that form consistently in the last 3 years!

Strikers/Freak Goalscorers better than Rooney

Messi

Ronaldo

Cavani

Lewandowski

Falcao

RVP

Ibrahimovic

Suarez

Aguero

Creative Midfielders better than Rooney

Mata

Ozil

Hazard

Iniesta

Gotze

Silva

Bale

Modric

Cazorla

Ribery

Robben

Muller

Reus

Other players up for debate

Oscar

Isco

KdB

Benzema

Higuian

Lavezzi

Fabregas

Hamsik

Neymar

Kiessling

Manduzkic

Lucas

Kroos

El Shaaraway

Gomez

That is why i say Rooney isnt even close! you may think i am being harsh or biased because he plays for united but that is my opinion, i would have any of the players in the first two lists over Rooney anyday!

Well i m sure we all would have different opinion about Rooney in some way or the other ....

But comparing him with so many world class players playing in different positions speaks volume on how versatile he is ....

I wouldnt get into the argument if he is world class or not ... what i think is that in Rooney, u get a player who would give more than 100% to the jersey he is wearing and is a very good team player ... He has some skills in his arsenal which is a boon to any top manager ...

Rooney is probably the third best option for a new striker after Cavani and Lewandowski atm. However:

1. I know I'm not the one paying his wages, but the thought of him signing up for 300k gives me a headache;

2. United won't sell a top player to us, they are not like Arsenal and Liverpool.

Why is it that players are either young and talented up until they are 24. Or above that and on the decline. He had a bad season. Which wasn't even that bad, played out of position. You can't say he is in decline after 1 bad season. Otherwise drogba was on the decline twice. And that was all before 2011.

Put rooney back up front and i am fairly sure he can do a better job than the 2 we have got and work well with lukaku. After all rooney is versatile, so lukaku would still gets lots if game time.

If he wants to leave and we can get him for 20-25 million then I definitely think we should get him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You