Channel 5

The main issue is all the top players want to play in the champions league , hence why torres came here. if we fail to qualify i dont see us getting the likes of lukaku , he will go to citeh (they will buy him just to stop someone else) etc and you will noticy cheeky bids coming in for our other top players.

Even if we do make fourth and spuds finnish 5th and they win the CL (i know but its a pot luck cup) do we still get booted out ?

Yeah I get you, but I don't see any of ours players leaving. Torres signed a 4-year contract and we're not letting him go just like that. You might have a point with Lukaku, but who knows, maybe he will sign for the love of the club.

If we win the Europa League, no-one can say anything.

As for your question, well.. When Liverpool won it in 2005 and finished 5th, they put up a protest and managed to get into the qualifiers with Everton. I think that was a one-off and the rules have been solidified now. But it is a very good question. We won't get booted out, but they may scrape in.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I get you, but I don't see any of ours players leaving. Torres signed a 4-year contract and we're not letting him go just like that. You might have a point with Lukaku, but who knows, maybe he will sign for the love of the club.

If we win the Europa League, no-one can say anything.

As for your question, well.. When Liverpool won it in 2005 and finished 5th, they put up a protest and managed to get into the qualifiers with Everton. I think that was a one-off and the rules have been solidified now. But it is a very good question. We won't get booted out, but they may scrape in.

If we finish 4th and the yids finish 5th and win the CL they will be in it next season at OUR expense. After the 2005 debacle they changed it to if you win it and finish outside the qualification places you enter at the expense of the team in the last qualification place.

I remember 2005/2006 when Arsenal and Spurs were on a 4th place battle and one of my Gooner mates said he would find it ammusing if Spurs finish 4th but Arsenal snatch the CL place off them by winning it.

If we finish 4th and the yids finish 5th and win the CL they will be in it next season at OUR expense. After the 2005 debacle they changed it to if you win it and finish outside the qualification places you enter at the expense of the team in the last qualification place.

I remember 2005/2006 when Arsenal and Spurs were on a 4th place battle and one of my Gooner mates said he would find it ammusing if Spurs finish 4th but Arsenal snatch the CL place off them by winning it.

Yeah i thought it was somthing like that i heard. so all we need to do is win the CL this year and were quids in ... how hard can that be :whistling:

Yes looks like we'll be playing catch up with them -their next 3 against Holloway, Wolves and West ham they could quite easily get 9 points.....think a lot will depend on how they get on tonight against AC

They also have to play City Away, Us Away and Liverpool away..

I think we'll definitely win one of our games against united, no wait I'm not sure. But hopefully the city and spurs game on 16th april will have the right result for us heading into that weekend.

They also have to play City Away, Us Away and Liverpool away..

I think we'll definitely win one of our games against united, no wait I'm not sure. But hopefully the city and spurs game on 16th april will have the right result for us heading into that weekend.

We will do the Mancs over atleast once.

Even Fergie was shocked when some-one told him how bad his record was against Chelsea (even pre Roman).

Not reaching the top 4 is unthinkable.

This is the best squad of players in the league.

We have a better squad than united. They just have the tactics, winning mentality, luck, and possibly the best manager of all time.

Lets hope your right and this squad starts playing like the best squad in the league.

Tonight:

Aris Thessaloniki - Manchester City

Now switch Manchester City with Chelsea FC.

As I said before, the Europa League is horrible. Makes me sick just thinking about the possibility of us playing in that competition.

Not a single top player would join us and we really need some quality players to strenghten our squad.

i hope we look at this thread and laugh at the end of the season. Though for the first time in years its a real possibillity. The worst thing is its out of our control at the moment we need other teams to drop points.

Though if we can get some points of utd and beat the yids at the bridge things should be alrite. blue%20scalf.gif

Europa league final next year in Bucharest, Romania :whistling:

Enough said. Although with our luck in Europe, we would get out of the competition in the semi-final so no need to think of the final :D We simply can't finish behind Tottenham, we can't.

Not reaching the top 4 is unthinkable.

This is the best squad of players in the league.

We have a better squad than united. They just have the tactics, winning mentality, luck, and possibly the best manager of all time.

Which is why they're going to win the league.