Channel 5

Despite what Adam faith said on his death bed, it's not that bad :whistling:

Colin Murray is quite good :whistling: ..er.. Its better coverage than ITV. ( now that is true)

And hey ! The Europa league is an exciting competition -away games in Slovakia against Dynamo Noone on wet Thursdays etc.

What am I saying ? -well the Yids playing next week can go four points clear of us,so........how do peeps feel about challenging the Europa League next season ? Might be a reality................

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all need to accept this as a possibility , can you honestly see us beating City , and utd twice , the yids have some easy games coming up. What worries me if we do end up in the Channel 5 cup will we be able to attract top players to re build our squad ? or will we end up like Liverpool ? who have their top players brought off them. i would quite honestly dump the fa cup and champions league for a guaranteed top 4 spot.

We all need to accept this as a possibility , can you honestly see us beating City , and utd twice , the yids have some easy games coming up. What worries me if we do end up in the Channel 5 cup will we be able to attract top players to re build our squad ? or will we end up like Liverpool ? who have their top players brought off them. i would quite honestly dump the fa cup and champions league for a guaranteed top 4 spot.

I think that we would attract the right sort of players. Players who'd have seen teh Chelsea of 2005 + attain cups and want to be part of the new vanguard. You wouldnt have the £50m signings feeling overawed with expectation.

Channel 5 could be a transitional period of rebuild, but hopefully wont come to that.....

I think that we would attract the right sort of players. Players who'd have seen teh Chelsea of 2005 + attain cups and want to be part of the new vanguard. You wouldnt have the £50m signings feeling overawed with expectation.

Channel 5 could be a transitional period of rebuild, but hopefully wont come to that.....

There is an almighty high chance though , I just cant see spuds losing any of those games , they seemed to get lucky against Sunderland and this seem the tread for them this season. unless we start banging in the goals over night , the best we can hope for is draws against utd city and spuds. this will put us so far back though and we will be batteling the bin dippers for 5th. we need to start playing and playing well. The only other option is Citeh fucking up and we take 4th from then. Just wish it was the final day of the season so we could see what happens. Its the not knowing that bothers me :rolleyes: , though last season we knew we where going to qualify for the champions league by this point. It hasnt been like this since pre-roman and i can say we all would of been happy with 5th back then we just seem to expect so much nowadays its getting me down thinking that we are 5th and its not even then end of the season we could finnish lower :unsure:

There is an almighty high chance though , I just cant see spuds losing any of those games , they seemed to get lucky against Sunderland and this seem the tread for them this season. unless we start banging in the goals over night , the best we can hope for is draws against utd city and spuds. this will put us so far back though and we will be batteling the bin dippers for 5th. we need to start playing and playing well. The only other option is Citeh fucking up and we take 4th from then. Just wish it was the final day of the season so we could see what happens. Its the not knowing that bothers me :rolleyes: , though last season we knew we where going to qualify for the champions league by this point. It hasnt been like this since pre-roman and i can say we all would of been happy with 5th back then we just seem to expect so much nowadays its getting me down thinking that we are 5th and its not even then end of the season we could finnish lower :unsure:

I'm not as gloomy as that. Against United I feel we'll get points from them. But the Yids do seem to have an easy run in. LND Blue is right about fans being spoiled by constant winning.

What really fucks me off is, and its not his fault, is the probable lack of bollocking going on in the dressing room.

Since Mourinho from Useless Grant to Ancellotti, I cant see any manager taking the players to task. and riling their egos by dropping them or radical substitutions. Can you imagine Ferguson or Mourinho or even Coyle or Moyes letting players get away with half arsed contributions when they're so talented ?

I'm not as gloomy as that. Against United I feel we'll get points from them. But the Yids do seem to have an easy run in. LND Blue is right about fans being spoiled by constant winning.

What really fucks me off is, and its not his fault, is the probable lack of bollocking going on in the dressing room.

Since Mourinho from Useless Grant to Ancellotti, I cant see any manager taking the players to task. and riling their egos by dropping them or radical substitutions. Can you imagine Ferguson or Mourinho or even Coyle or Moyes letting players get away with half arsed contributions when they're so talented ?

No Chance Fergie drops his top goal scorer when he is playing well. we have two options kick them up the arse or drop them , the only thing is who to replace them with. This was the thing last year we had the likes of ballack deco and joe cole to add pressure to the first team. i just think most of them now know no matter how they perform they will still have a place in the side. we need more competition for places... when is yossi and zhirkov back?

Benayoun lunching it for the rest of the season. Zhirkov should be back in a few games time

Arsenal apparently did last year.

YIDS have got us and City both away aswell as gooners at home.

What has become apparent this season is that there are very few givens in the games. (apart from United being as spawny as fuck as usual)

I just think its a big ask in getting points off Spuds utd and city in our current form.

Out of those I can see Yids and Man city being the hardest. We have a good record against United and we're back to Chelsea the Unpredictable. Just as likely to play blinders against them as lose 0-3 to Sunderland, Couple of Ramires wild shots to fly in the top corner........

If we win the Europa League I won't mind :whistling:

The main issue is all the top players want to play in the champions league , hence why torres came here. if we fail to qualify i dont see us getting the likes of lukaku , he will go to citeh (they will buy him just to stop someone else) etc and you will noticy cheeky bids coming in for our other top players.

Even if we do make fourth and spuds finnish 5th and they win the CL (i know but its a pot luck cup) do we still get booted out ?